Fuzzy 21-Nov-18
SteveB 21-Nov-18
wyobullshooter 21-Nov-18
akbow 21-Nov-18
Scar Finga 22-Nov-18
BULELK1 22-Nov-18
20-Nov-18

akbow's Link
BRWNBR, aka Jake Jefferson of Black River Hunting Camps, has had a recent tragedy while out hunting on Kodiak. His short story is on the Alaska Forum. I don't think he'd mind me posting a link here since he posted there and I know he is active here as well. I've only met him once, but by all accounts is a super standup guy and excellent guide. He is now tasked with raising 6 kids on his own on a guides salary. There is also a Gofundme page at https://www.gofundme.com/support-jake-jefferson-brwnbr

20-Nov-18
Heard this earlier today. So sad. Second guide up here this year that had something tragic happen to his family. Prayers sent to Jake and his family.

20-Nov-18
Prayers are with him and his family . I don’t know him but kind of looked forward to read his season threads on the Alaska forum . He damn sure can get the job done up there !

20-Nov-18
This is terrible. Jake is stand up guy. No words.

20-Nov-18
Wow! I could not imagine what he is going thru! : (

Prayers to he and his family!

20-Nov-18
So sad. Thanks for posting and the link. I can't imagine being a single father of 6. I have 4 young boys, this hits home. Prayers sent.

20-Nov-18
https://www.gofundme.com/support-jake-jefferson-brwnbr

Fellas...Jake is an exceptional person / guide / father of 6. I have never hunted with someone who i can get along with such as him. He is in need. 2 go fund me pages are up and running...lets show some bowsite support for a great guy or if anyone doesnt want to use go fund me pm me for further address details

20-Nov-18

Trial153's Link

20-Nov-18

g5smoke21's Link

20-Nov-18
That blows....I met Amber in the early 2000`s on a Grizzly hunt with Jake....at the time they had only 2 boys. Funny thing her aunt lived in the next town over from me when I told her where I was from. Both are people of strong faith hopefully this helps. Sad to think of these kids losing their mother like this.

20-Nov-18
My sincere condolences.

20-Nov-18
Deepest sympathy and prayers to Jake and family. Getting news like that at a good time in your life is a shock you need to deal with. Been there. Makes you wonder.

20-Nov-18
Very sad...Prayers sent.

21-Nov-18
Prayers sent.

21-Nov-18
Don't know him but regardless, this is awful news. I can't imagine being in his shoes and getting that call from a state trooper. Raising 6 kids on a guide's salary is hard enough let alone losing the backbone of your family at such a young age. Without her he loses not only a best friend/wife/mother but he loses his ability to guide to make ends meet for them.

Go fund me donation sent.

21-Nov-18
Unimaginably tragic and sad. My prayers go out for Amber, Jake and their children.

21-Nov-18
Tragic loss for Jake and the kids. Donation sent. Jake and his family will remain in our prayers.

21-Nov-18
Condolences and prayers for healing and wisdom.

21-Nov-18
I'm so sorry to hear of this.

21-Nov-18
Man....this makes my heart hurt - I can only imagine his. I never met Jake but talked to him a couple of times and could tell he is a stand up guy. I'm certain his wife was made from the same cloth. Our prayers are with him and his family as they piece life back together..

21-Nov-18
Can't imagine the pain the family's going through. Prayers sent.

21-Nov-18
Jake posted the following update for those of you who don't follow the Alaska Forum-- "First off thank you everyone for your prayers donations texts offers to help sympathy notes and phone calls. This has been a wild ride, not a fun one. The family is doing ok, we will get thru this. I believe God has a plan for our lives and His plan for Amber was completed and she is now home with our Lord and savior that she loved so much. There is no prep for this, a million thoughts of what I would have said or done, fights I regret, jokes I shouldn’t have said, moments I didn’t listen, every moment is a new feeling and emotion. I’m staring down a long dark road with many curves and questions. Is the guide business done, what can I do for work with six kids, where do they go to school, how do I grocery shop, what bills do I need to pay, what’s the password to the lap top, who have I forgot to notify, how does a man raise a 17 month old, 4 year old and 10 year old girls in ladies, when do I start throwing away my wife’s toothbrush, when does the body start to say good bye, when does this seem real? But we will make it, we are feeling the prayers and love from so many supporters. Thank you everyone for the encouragement. We still don’t have a cause of death, once we know I will share it here. We do know it was quick."

21-Nov-18
This was incredibly difficult to read. My day has seemingly stopped. Like many others, I don't know Jake or his family. I cannot fathom their pains and sorrows. My small donation may help, but I cannot carry the yoke of burdens that must be weighing down on Jake; Jesus can. Life hurts; God heals. There is no sorrow He cannot heal. He has not forsaken you and he won't start now. Cling to your faith, Jake and family.

-Your "Neighbor"

22-Nov-18
Prayers Said , God Bless his family!!

22-Nov-18
Prayers sent from Utah

Keep the Faith

Robb

• Sitka Gear