cnelk 24-Nov-18
Cheesehead Mike 28-Nov-18
Zim 28-Nov-18
Brotsky 28-Nov-18
TrapperKayak 28-Nov-18
22-Nov-18

TonyL's embedded Photo
TonyL's embedded Photo
it’s pretty uncommon to see coyotes in my neck of the woods, is this big for a coyote? he looks pretty big to me. if I get a chance, I want to shoot him and have him mounted.

22-Nov-18
thats a big one

22-Nov-18
Looks very big. Good luck hope you kill him.

22-Nov-18
Yep, typical Ohio eastern coyote... (Coywolf actually)… Yeah, they're big...

22-Nov-18
I’d be hunting that one!

22-Nov-18
Ohooo Pat you didn't lol

22-Nov-18
Lol, Pat It is fitting that the creator of Bowsite probably is also the greatest hater of coyotes here.

That’s a big dog. I’d shoot it, just like every single one I get a glimpse of.

22-Nov-18

TonyL's embedded Photo
TonyL's embedded Photo
awesome, that’s what I wanted to hear. i have lots of pictures of him, he’s around quite a bit

22-Nov-18
Dang Pat, would have kept one as a pet... About the right age... Would have been curious to see how that worked out...

TonyL - If there's one, you can bet there's more than one around...

22-Nov-18
“awesome, that’s what I wanted to hear. ”

So..... You wouldn’t be interested in taking it if somebody told you it wasn’t a “big” one??

It’s your decision, bud… Nobody else’s opinion matters, does it?

22-Nov-18
The face looks like wolf, never heard of coy wolf before that’s coyote wolf cross I guess. Looks like a good hid on him he will make a great mount good luck. Ps set a couple snares where he passes they always pass back on there trail sooner or later.

22-Nov-18

Zbone's Link
Alexis - Yeah, DNA testing confirms most "Eastern" coyotes have a percentage of wolf in them... See link "Meet the Coywolf"...

https://www.pbs.org/video/nature-meet-coywolf/

22-Nov-18
Make no mistake about it, I will shoot any coyote that comes around me. I was more questioning if that was a nice one because I would like to get it mounted if I shoot it. I don’t want to mount a dink

22-Nov-18
I'd give him another year ! I don't think he is 4 1/2 yet.

22-Nov-18
While you are waiting to shoot him, get some traps set for him. Much better odds of connecting, and traps work 24/7, when you only hunt in the daylight. As a few others have said, they are all big enough. No matter how you take him, it will be a success.

22-Nov-18
Yes, he’s a good sized one

22-Nov-18
Zbone that’s something that they crossed,

22-Nov-18
A lobo is a lobo, just different sizes...8^)

22-Nov-18
Eastern yotes are generally the biggest because of their distant relationship with Wolf. If you compare a Eastern yote to a Western yote they are night and day in body size.

23-Nov-18
Looks like a wolf

23-Nov-18
I would say its an average size eastern coyote, cant really see the tail, possibly mange? I'd guess that on is AT LEAST 1/1024th wolf

23-Nov-18

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
""Eastern yotes are generally the biggest because of their distant relationship with Wolf. If you compare a Eastern yote to a Western yote they are night and day in body size.""

Ive shot some western coyotes that put eastern coyotes to shame

23-Nov-18

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo

23-Nov-18
cnelk - Them are just pups around here...8^)

23-Nov-18

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
But you dont have the view :>)

23-Nov-18
...or the fur quality. Dang, Brad, when I retire, we're going to go slay some coyotes!

23-Nov-18

PSUArcher's embedded Photo
PSUArcher's embedded Photo
Here is an eastern “coywolf” my brother shot a few years ago. The carcass(body minus the hide and skull) weighed 52 pounds). This was shot in western PA

23-Nov-18
PSU that's not a good comparison because your deer down there are like jackrabbits ;)

Doesn't matter what I'm hunting, when I see a coyote, it turns into a coyote hunt! Mind you it's almost the same with chickens with me lol.

23-Nov-18
The yote in the OP could be 25# or 50#... tough to tell without something in the pic to give it some scale.

Coyotes ain't all bad, it's a great winter sport. Whackem stackem.

23-Nov-18
PSUArcher - I seen one this spring that looked almost like that in NE Ohio except it was a darker brown about the color of a chocolate lab... Was on the road in broad daylight and almost past it from about 50 yards away... I was like OMG, that's a wolf... Continued up the road, turned around for a better look, pulled off side of road and the SOB just stood there staring... He wanted to cross the road... Anyhow, he give me time to grab binocs and finally, turned around and bounded away in that typical coyote bouncy gate... They're freakn huge around here the size of small German Shepards...

23-Nov-18
those are impressive dogs. i didn’t realize they got that big. I was under the impression they were 30-35lb animals

24-Nov-18
You guys are great. I just filled my last deer tag (he is aging in the garage on the hook) and pulled out the 223 and counted how many rounds I got loaded up. Now begins predator control. I shoot every predator I legally can. All bets are off when comes to coyotes. I even put the bow away for those. They get a 60 grain v max. Got me excited just thinking about it.

24-Nov-18

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo

24-Nov-18

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
A good day in the high country

28-Nov-18

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Those things are tiny compared to our Wisconsin coyotes!

28-Nov-18
Jaquomo, I laughed out loud at your picture. Calling 911 over a coyote...christ, society has grown soft

28-Nov-18
They need to shoot 5-600 more of those WI "coyotes" Mike!

28-Nov-18

TrapperKayak's embedded Photo
TrapperKayak's embedded Photo
No views? "over my dead cow" we don't have views... ;P That dog is big, and has a nice tannable coat.

• Sitka Gear