APauls 29-Nov-18
SBH 29-Nov-18
Rut Nut 29-Nov-18
Ambush 29-Nov-18
midwest 29-Nov-18
drycreek 29-Nov-18
Bowbender 29-Nov-18
28-Nov-18
Did you have the find my iPhone setting on?

28-Nov-18
Onx won't help because you didn't save the track.

28-Nov-18
I lost my iPhone X on days 5 elk hunt Colorado Wildwildernenes. I decided go home early and bought other new phone. In wilderness area, no phone signal, my onxmap track doesn’t save on iCloud. I had GPS track back where I went but I had no luck

29-Nov-18
Good luck, Justin!

29-Nov-18
Good luck

29-Nov-18
Good luck Justin!

29-Nov-18
Good luck. Always leave Find My iPhone setting on which sounds like you did. My brothers fell out of his pocket snowmobiling one time he called me I pinged a location right before it died outside mid winter. He found it just the corner sticking out of the snow. Amazing how many people don't know about that feature. Problem is half the people don't know their Apple ID.

29-Nov-18
Hope you find your phone! What a bummer

29-Nov-18
Glad to hear it Justin! And AMEN! ;-)

29-Nov-18
That’s pretty cool. Using technology to find your technology. Congrats!

29-Nov-18
Great! Was hoping you'd come back with the results!

29-Nov-18
That would be another thing Fred Bear never said. "Now where did I drop my iPhone ?"

Glad you found it. I've dropped mine a couple times thinking it was going in my vest pocket but instead it was between my vest and coat.

29-Nov-18
Glad to hear you found it!

Lil story about "find my Iphone". During PA's flintlock season, it was the last day of the season. I told my son Matt there was one little thicket I wanted to push out before we left. It's about two hundred yards long and about fifty or sixty yards wide. It ends on the dirt road we were parked on. Told him to text me when you are at the end and I'll start pushing. He texts, I respond, slip my phone into my bibs and proceed. Get to the road and want to see if we have time for another push on the opposite of the road. No phone. Apparently it missed my pocket and slid down my bibs and onto the ground. Great!! Camo case and I just know it ended up camo side up. Anyhow, we look for awhile and nothing.

Go home, eat supper, yell at the wife, kick the dog, read up on find my Iphone. Hmmm this might work. I tell my wife I'm driving back to look.When I am ready, Matt will tell you to start hitting the "find my iphone" button on computer screen. Oh, did I mention it was now dark and sleet and freezing rain were coming down.

I enter the woods off the pipeline and go in thirty yards or so, yell out to my son tell Mom to start hitting the button. He relays the info. Nothing. Keep at it. I head down towards the road a bit, nothing. Yell to Matt, tell mom to keep hitting the button. Move up past where I entered the woods and hear the faintest of faintest sounds!! Tell her not to stop. PRESS THAT DAMN BUTTON!! It's getting louder and louder as I get closer. BTW, it is a very very loud tone. Finally I see a faint glow about ten yards in front of me. It DID land face down. Was sooo relieved to have found it.

So, moral of the story. "Find My iPhone" works when it's dark, sleeting and freezing rain and in the woods. Keep it on.

• Sitka Gear