c5ken 04-Dec-18
Zbone 04-Dec-18
Treeline 04-Dec-18
Treeline 04-Dec-18
bghunter 04-Dec-18
lamb 04-Dec-18
INbowdude 04-Dec-18
03-Dec-18
I'm thinking about a water buffalo hunt in Argentina. Anyone hunt Argentina & can you recommend an outfitter?

Thanks, C5Ken

03-Dec-18
You want mountain country or flat lands?

For mountain hunting I went with Rincon de Luna. Very nice outfit and plenty of buffalo.

03-Dec-18
Treeline,

Thanks for the info. I'll give Rincon de Luna a look.

03-Dec-18
I have heard nightmares getting trophies shipped back and massive costs. What has everyone's situation been with this?

03-Dec-18
Total disaster.

Left my stuff in Argentina.

Would have cost more than the hunt to get it back! Hell, I made it as easy on the expiditing as possible and it turned into a cluster! Told the expeditor to keep it.

Had issues living in Peru at the time and trying to get it back to the USA.

Make sure to get all the shipping arrangements understood before you pull the trigger on a hunt down there for sure!

03-Dec-18

INbowdude's Link
I hunted buffalo with Caza Y Safaris with Jorge Norge. I had a great hunt. I did have some problems with trophies. Be careful for what you are hunting for and be sure they have the CITES permits you need. My guide was Leo and he was a great guy. Best of luck.

03-Dec-18
Always thought it would be a fun hunt., but was worried about getting trophies back from most stories I have heard.

03-Dec-18
It took more than a year and a giant pile of cash to get our stuff home. Apparently, it got held up because of a goat my brother in law had killed. A feral goat. Who knew a goat skull required special procedures??? Only in Argentina!

03-Dec-18
I left a very nice red stag...

Talked to Jorge several times and decided I wanted to hunt mountains instead of down in the flats that look more like south Texas that Jorge had at the time.

04-Dec-18
It took two years of emails before I got my stuff from Argentina. And shipping seemed more expensive than Africa. And my buffalo cape was unusable due to hair slip. Of course, that was after paying big bucks for the tanning. I located a replacement cape, but decided against mounting it. You know , good money after bad. After all, mounts are supposed to help recall the experience. Your results may vary.

04-Dec-18
WOW!!!

After reading the above, I'm out Thanks for all the info...

04-Dec-18
By getting your stuff home, you mean like weapon, clothing and gear home?

04-Dec-18

Treeline's embedded Photo
Had him boiled out before I left the ranch
Had him boiled out before I left the ranch
No, my trophies stayed in Argentina.

I got my bow and everything back just fine.

Although there are fabulous opportunities in Argentina to hunt and the people are awesome, they are totally messed up when it comes to getting trophies shipped to the US.

04-Dec-18

The buffalo were really neat as well. Would have shot one with my bow, but had some issues with my buffalo arrow/broadhead setup that caused me to hold off.

04-Dec-18
Ok those of you that went, did you book direct with the outfitter or use a booking agent? I ask as I am curious if a booking agent would have or could help with some of the above situations when it comes to shipping. Just curious as it would seem bad for business for these type of problems.

04-Dec-18
I went and booked thru neil summers. b.s.c. shot 2 buff, blackbuck and a giant hog. had no trouble getting my trophies home.

04-Dec-18
I actually bid on mine at an SCI convention and dealt with the outfitter directly.

• Sitka Gear