TD 14-Dec-18
JL 14-Dec-18
Ned mobile 14-Dec-18
Tilzbow 14-Dec-18
Kodiak 14-Dec-18
TD 14-Dec-18
Dooner 14-Dec-18
13-Dec-18
Truth bomb right there...R&R Hall of Fame, Rolling Stone Magazine, and most of the other "Keystone" Organizations in the Music Industry, are heavily doused with Liberal Sauce.

Ted will never see the R&R Hall of Fame, IMHO!

13-Dec-18
They're probably afraid of his acceptance speech! :)

13-Dec-18
Hall of Fame is supposed to be the best of the best and a very exclusive club. IMO, Stevie Nicks is the only one that should get in and that is based on her work with Fleetwood Mac, not as a solo artist.

13-Dec-18
Nothing personal to Janet Jackson......but why her? If I was Ted....I'd tell the RR HOF committee to pack sand. On date of the ceremony....he should hold a free concert in downtown Cleveland! Let there be rock!

13-Dec-18
Agree with BTM, could you just see Uncle Ted up there with his cowboy hat, plaid shirt, AK slung over his shoulder, spitting out a few expletives about 0-bummer, .... ha love it.

13-Dec-18
“Where have we seen THIS before “?!

13-Dec-18
Que boubound in 3,2,1....

13-Dec-18
I'm not a fan of anything rock n roll after the 70's for the most part, but agree with Ollie about Stevie Nicks and Fleetwood Mac. I couldn't even name a song from any of the rest.

13-Dec-18
Agree with Ollie, but I believe FM is in already. Without Stevie, not so much IMHO.

13-Dec-18
His acceptance speech would be great entertainment. I dont mind Ted..keeps folks on their toes

13-Dec-18
They DO induct some strange acts, in my view of Rock and Roll, but that’s not new.

But good news for Leppard fans. I’m sure they’ll perform. Just wish Steve was still around to enjoy it.

13-Dec-18
Who the eff is the cure? Huh...

13-Dec-18
I think that the R&R HF tends to do extensive screening of it's inductees. Ted the sledge was hammering an adopted teenager while he wasn't pounding the axe..... On top of that, he really wasn't that great. IMHO. My dad listened to Ted a little bit, but I don't think his band was anything special. His Free-for-All album was ok I guess....

13-Dec-18
Well wang dang, I was hoping he'd get in.

Radiohead, lmao.

13-Dec-18
Hey, if your not PC, your not in. Would Janet Jackson or cool j be rock n roll ? I think not. Just like awarding the Noble Peace Prize to Obama.

13-Dec-18
Roxy Music? Really? I like them back in my college days, but I bet most people never heard of them.

13-Dec-18
You’d most likely lose that bet, 12yards. All the inductees that Pat mentioned have had huge fan bases at one time. For some, a cult following, if you will.

Speaking of which, I’d like to see The Cult get in. :-)

13-Dec-18
OK. Well I didn't know they were that popular I guess. Haven't listened to them in years.

13-Dec-18
Uncle Ted should be in.

13-Dec-18
Part of the RnR attitude was rebellion....which Ted has some of. Ted might get more RnR cred by blowing off the HOF if they ever tried to induct him.

WRT to his HOF credentials.....IMO he has quite the resume and it is still growing. To put it bluntly and unvarnished....he was performing while some of those already in the HOF were little sperms in nut sacks.

13-Dec-18
I'm happy for those on that list that got in. All make sense and made a stout impact on the music world.

Ted has as well. And the guy rips on the guitar. He should be in.

13-Dec-18
Radiohead has millions of fans around the globe that virtually worship the band and created their own subtype of music that drew a lot of imitation. Go to Australia, Japan, Europe, etc, even most of urban USA (I didn't even know Ted Nugent played music till I got into the politics of hunting) people of the right generation will know who Radiohead is and their songs. Ted Nugent not nearly as much. Just because it's not your kind of music doesn't delegitimize their importance to music.

I'm not saying he doesn't belong in the HoF or that he's not being held out because of political reasons, just saying that scoffing at Radiohead's admission is silly because there's a lot more people who disagree with you than agree with you.

Pete Rose isn't in the baseball HoF and he sure belongs there. When you're a public figure, you are held accountable for your actions when legacy is in question.

13-Dec-18
Nooo..... nobody has ever said any swear words on stage at these awards..... and all inductees are as pure as the driven snow....... good grief people....

Ted has likely sold more tickets and records than 3 or 4 of those others combined. And STILL going strong. That's a career, love for what he does. Most others no longer even perform. A few of em dead. Flash in the pan.... The R&R Hall of Fame is getting to be as relevant as the Nobel Peace Prize...... they pretty much went off the rails with Yasser Arafat.... and got worse from there...

Starkly clear reasons, leftist politics. (not to be confused with Ringo....)

13-Dec-18
Ted wasn't even nominated.

Nominees who didn't make it that belong in are Todd Rundgren and John Prine. Yet somehow we get Janet Jackson?

C'mon man!

13-Dec-18
Pat Benatar and Motorhead got snubbed again also.

13-Dec-18
The R&R HOF is a total joke. Unlike the sports HOFs where statistics are a major determining factor for getting inducted, the R&R is totally subjective. In my opinion, by far the one that means the least.

13-Dec-18
"Ted has likely sold more tickets and records than 3 or 4 of those others combined."

You mean "very unlikely" right?

13-Dec-18
Who cares. Like what you like, why worry if others do?

13-Dec-18
And the Cure? Look at #1 songs. How many have they had vs Nugent? They were literally one of the biggest bands of the late 80s and 90s. They literally had tens of thousands of people around the world dressing and putting on makeup to imitate their crazy look. Maybe if you lived in a rural area you didn't see these kids, but don't you guys remember all those people in this 90s dying their hair black and wearing white foundation on their faces and red lipstick? They were everywhere... No one's dressing like the Nuge.

When the Cure came through cities, the sold out ball parks for their concerts.

13-Dec-18
Agree on the Cure. Great band and great songs. Also agree on Todd Rundgren. Still occasionally listen to his music. Some of my favorites. To be honest, never really got into Ted Nugget's music.

13-Dec-18
Unintentional autocorrect. Nugget for Nugent. Sorry

13-Dec-18
The Cure's "Just Like Heaven" is one of the most played songs on the radio in the post-Beatles era. I read a few years back it was up there with Stairway to Heaven and some of the other huge hits. I've heard it on the radio 20 years after it came out.

13-Dec-18
"No one's dressing like the Nuge."

C'mon! My druggie neighbor dressed like the Nuge in the late '70s. Of course, he also was pinned down and humped by a german shepard once. I think it was coincidental.

13-Dec-18
BTM... agree 100%. Could you imagine? The people in the audience would be squirming. It would be good for sure!

13-Dec-18
In equally important news, I had a burrito for lunch.

13-Dec-18
LOl-What a joke. Roxy Music?!?? But no Ted, no Judas Priest?

13-Dec-18
Jason what kind of burrito?

13-Dec-18
Elk tacos today, no pen trash.

13-Dec-18
No Mercy...... Rob Halford of Judas Priest shocked all the American rocker kids when he came out of the closet as a gay guy...... Looking back at early videos...... Of course he was gay all along. Love their music.

A lot of people don’t know Ted Nugent doesn’t sing “Stranglehold “......... Derek St. Holmes did. Ted’s ego clashed with anyone else getting any credit other than himself. The song Fred Bear obviously cemented Teds status as legendary among hunters.

13-Dec-18
Ted is not nearly good enough to be in the R&R HOF. His singing and song writing wreck it for him. Not a Cure fan but I get it. Radiohead? Unquestionably belongs.

Joey, I'd like to see the Cult inducted, too.;)

13-Dec-18
I like his sound in Journey To The Center Your Mind. I like some of those 60's guitar sounds.

13-Dec-18
Popularity with teenie boppers and airplay on the radio doesn`t make you a rock icon. Ted`s style of music was indeed a heavy influence on many musicians and the direction of hard rock. He has had more of a influence on rock and roll than MOST on that lame list. People stand and salute when "Stranglehold" is played as it`s one of rock`s greatest anthems.

13-Dec-18
Dilly dilly Franklin. Thank you!

13-Dec-18
"People stand and salute when "Stranglehold" is played as it`s one of rock`s greatest anthems."

Maybe I'd recognize it if I heard it, but I've never heard of it and I listen to just about every kind of music other than country.

"Popularity with teenie boppers and airplay on the radio doesn`t make you a rock icon."

Uh, it kinda does. Popularity makes you an icon, irrespective of the quality of your music.

There's a ton of teenie bopper singers out there that make hundreds of millions and don't even write their own music. The people who write the music are completely unknown, whereas the people who sing the songs and make 100s of millions are icons.

13-Dec-18
I personally have no idea if Ted belongs in the Rock and roll hall of fame. I will let those that like his music decide that. I am afraid however that being a conservative and a staunch supporter of the second amendment will somehow preclude him from ever becoming a member.

13-Dec-18
Ted should have been in the RRHOF many years ago, but another Michigan band that deserves it more is GRAND FUNK RAILROAD!!

-Joe

13-Dec-18
"Ted is not nearly good enough to be in the R&R HOF. His singing and song writing wreck it for him".

Most of his best songs were sung by Derek St. Holmes, who is a great rock vocalist. So it would be "Ted Nugent", as in his entire band, not just Ted. And, even though Rolling Stone Magazine refuses to put Ted in the top 100 as a guitar player, he's probably more like in the top 25...he's pretty amazing.

Ted has 3 or more multi-platinum albums. The Cure has only one that I'm aware of.

13-Dec-18
Who`s Ted Nugent????????

13-Dec-18
First time I saw Ted was in 1976 shortly after leaving The Amboy Dukes. Opened with Stranglehold. My ears are still ringing....one hell of a showman.

13-Dec-18
I graduated in 1982. I just point that out to say that I am a contemporary of Ted Nugent’s music at it’s zenith.

He was alright but nothing super special or iconic compared to others at the time. Just another rocker that came and went pretty quickly.

Stranglehold and Cat Scratch Fever were about the only ones that stuck out at all.

13-Dec-18
Ted is a really good rock guitarist.

13-Dec-18
I think you guys should argue about who makes the best broadhead. That might be easier.

13-Dec-18
Actually I like Teds voice better than any of his hired gun vocalists. They were lame.

Nothing against Radiohead, I like 'Creep' quite abit....

13-Dec-18
What about Howling' Wolf, Freddie King, Grand Funk Railroad, Koko Taylor and Mountain? They were all giants and major contributors to the rock & roll industry. I think some politics may be involved. No accusations, just say'n !!

13-Dec-18
I disagree, Kodiak. Brian Howe was the best.

I know he wasn’t popular with the Bad Company fans that are hard core Paul Rodgers fans, but imo, Holy Water was super good. Because of Howe’s voice.

As was Ted’s penetrator album.

13-Dec-18

13-Dec-18
So Zombies, Roxy and Radio Head have sold more tickets, played more airwaves and sold more records than Ted over their, um, careers? Could be. I guess. I'll let you do the research.

But the R&R Hall of Flame is a farce. Of that there is no doubt....

13-Dec-18
A lot of groups or musicians actually make fun of the RHOF when they finally do get chosen. I remember when Rush was finally inducted their fans nearly tore the place down.....at the MOST, they had 5 songs that were ever played on the radio in 40 years.

Not sure it`s as big of a deal to the musicians as it is to us, the fans.

14-Dec-18
IMO, Ted is good and has ben around forever, he probably deserves a spot.

The Cure... Pretty Good, The Cult... Hell Yeah. Radiohead... Yep. GFR...YEP

Def Leppard--- Lets Get Rocked!!!! Excellent band, and musicians... So Yep

14-Dec-18
Franklin - Rush wasn't mainstream, but they influenced rock and roll in a HUGE way. They were unlike any other band and extremely talented. Neil and Geddy are among the best ever at their respective instruments, and Alex is a very underrated guitarist. Top it off with great songwriting, and yeah they deserve a place in the HOF. I still don't know how they pull off their sound with only three people.

Ted is a good guitarist, but I never really cared for his stuff. It's debatable to me whether he should be in there. He is a huge personality more than a great musician, IMHO.

I agree the Rock HOF makes some bad choices, but this year's list is pretty solid except that Janet isn't a rock musician.

14-Dec-18
Put me on The Owl Train on this one.The only travesty in this thread is that Rose isn’t in Cooperstown.

14-Dec-18
Being from NE Ohio home of The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame,,, will give my thoughts and opinions,,, later...8^)

14-Dec-18
Metallica is in and most are aware of James Hetfield’s passion for hunting.

14-Dec-18
KISS was finally inducted a few years ago. Paul Stanley had some pointed words for how the RnR HOF does things.

14-Dec-18

Ken Moody Safaris's embedded Photo
Of course Ted Nugent should be inducted. To say otherwise is to not understand what an industry giant he was in the 70s. He was the worldwide top grossing concert performer in 1977 outselling all other acts. His career has spanned 50 years and his sales are in the multi millions. He’s also widely considered to be one of the top rock guitarists of all time. When the Byrdland spoke you knew who you were listening to. You cannot dispute facts and in the late 70s Nugent owned a huge piece of rock and roll. Personal bias or preference is no substitute for reality.

14-Dec-18

14-Dec-18
"Ted is not nearly good enough to be in the R&R HOF. His singing and song writing wreck it for him."

So "Terminus El Dorado" and such are not your idea of classis song writing.....LOL. Some have made Nugent into a hero because he is outspoken for hunting and support of the 2nd ammendment. While I appreciate those aspects of his public personna, he is also the proverbial "loose cannon" and has purposefully stepped on a lot of toes. That was the late 60's to late 70's defintion of the R&R rebel spirit, but not so much today. I agree that many of his songs are weak in content and vocals, then intentionally covered with loud guitar riffs. There are a LOT better guitarists than Nuge as well.......ever listen to Joe Satriani?

14-Dec-18
Joe Cocker

Remember Woodstock and think about some of the greats.

14-Dec-18
Kids..... smh...... heheheh...... talk to me when those others have been hittin' it for 50 years..... those that are still alive that is....

Cult? If you're talking Blue Oyster Cult, yeah baby...... hold on, I got that 8 track here someplace.....

14-Dec-18
From the mouth that rocked.....

14-Dec-18
I saw Stevie perform last night on the day she was inducted as a solo artist. Can still belt it out well at or around the age of 71. I will never get a Stranglehold as to why Ted is not there. His show rocks. He has invited me and my friends backstage many times. A Great entertainer he is!!

14-Dec-18
Eric Clapton and Jimi Hendrix are widely acknowledged as two of the best guitarists ever. Nugent isn’t in this class, not even close. He’s good but not unique or great and has had minimal stylistic influence in guitarists.

Warren Haynes blows Nugent away, yet he’s not in as an individual. Derek Trucks much better, too, yet he’s not in.

I like some of his music but he hasn’t been relevant since the 70’s and I’d argue most of you would’ve completely forgotten about him and his music if it weren’t for his stands on hunting, politics and guns. One has nothing to do with the other.

14-Dec-18
Clapton and Hendrix are the two most overrated players in history.

14-Dec-18
I'd have to agree with Ted about Crosby........ and Neil Young should have been tossed out of the back of a speeding pickup years ago...... One of the only folks I'll change the station when I hear that whiny azz voice..... fingernails on a chalkboard.....

14-Dec-18
Personally, I've never been a fan of head-banger R&R, so I wouldn't pick Ted. All this talk about great Guitarists,... and no mention of Stevie Ray Vaughan. Hm....

• Sitka Gear