Treeline 18-Dec-18
Orion 18-Dec-18
Zbone 18-Dec-18
Glunt@work 18-Dec-18
Zbone 18-Dec-18
Zbone 19-Dec-18
17-Dec-18

LUNG$HOT's Link
I think this has already been posted but here is a link which explains the breakdown.

17-Dec-18
Terrible... instead of me fronting some money, now they're gonna keep it. Two more years and I'm out.... Ed F

17-Dec-18
My question what is a preference point for sheep, goat, and moose. If I look at my preference point it shows I have 3 for each and shows more as weighted. So do we pay $50 only for the first 3 or for all the weighted as well?

17-Dec-18
$50 times 25 or more years and $300 for a tag it might be cheaper to pay the fine for shooting a moose without a tag!!

I am joking - don't bite my head off!!

17-Dec-18
JohnMC

The Pref Point application doesnt differentiate between Weighted Points and Preference Points.

It will default to add to the appropriate one.

SO...

If you had 2 PPs and no WPs, you will then have 3 PPs

If you had 3 PPS and 3 WPs, you will then have 3 PPS & 4 WPs

It will be $50 per species - RESIDENT

17-Dec-18
Many didn’t like all the new NR in for sheep, goat and moose. Well this fixed it, lol. I was in for $3, I’m out for $109 per specie.

17-Dec-18
That article didn't mention it, but you'll also now have to purchase an annual hunting or combo license in order to apply for any limited big game license, or to get a point. Annual small game is 80.00 for NR. And of course the 10.00 Habitat Stamp is still a required purchase. So a Rocky Sheep app will cost you 199.00. Then add 109.00 each for Moose or Goat. Total for all three 417.00 non-refundable for NR's.

It's still up in the air whether it will be mandatory to pay the point fee and gain a point in order to apply. They're going to decide that question at the next wildlife commission meeting in January. If I had to guess though, it will probably become a mandatory fee.

17-Dec-18
Good point stick. I wasn’t aware of that for NR but that makes a huge difference as well. I’m a resident so didn’t realize that was an issue.

17-Dec-18
Will the fee also apply to desert sheep? No points there.

17-Dec-18
Tavis - NO. Desert Sheep stays a random Draw

17-Dec-18
Gonna get a lot of applicants as it will be the cheapest sheep application.

The way I understand the fees, it was for Preference Points, not Weighted Points that are pretty useless anyway.

17-Dec-18
$50 for another weighted point that is a very small benefit in the draw has me thinking I will just keep applying with the weighted points I have now (if they allow that). You could buy weighted points for ram, goat or bull moose your whole life and never draw.

18-Dec-18
May very well ether best priced Non-Resident Bear Tag in the US! Whoo-who!

18-Dec-18
In a few years CO will be complaining they are seeing a drop in revenue.

18-Dec-18
Charlie, they appear to be to the point of begging hunters to shoot their bears. Guess that’s what happens when you outlaw bait and hounds and have bears dragging kids out of the back yard.

18-Dec-18
Heck, I’ve had probably 30 bear tags in CO and have yet to draw an arrow back on one in this state!

Have killed bears in several other states and Canadian provinces, but never here! Colorado bears hate me!

18-Dec-18
Wonder how many guys are going to pay for a weighted point, since they give you no real advantage of ever drawing

18-Dec-18
So NR applicates still have put up the full license fee and then refunded all but $100 later if not drawn and accept a preference point?

18-Dec-18
No, no one fronts the whole license fee anymore.

18-Dec-18
Thanks Glunt… Did not know that... Hadn't applied in CO for years... How long ago did they chance the up front fee?

19-Dec-18
Thanks Dirk...

• Sitka Gear