TD 18-Dec-18
Ambush 18-Dec-18
Bou'bound 19-Dec-18
GotBowAz 19-Dec-18
grape 19-Dec-18
Deertick 19-Dec-18
grape 19-Dec-18
18-Dec-18
Any bow hunters out there ever experience this? I had an episode. I completely lost new memory for about an hour and a half. My wife rushed me to hospital .I kept asking the same questions over and over. Had a CT scan, MRI, and EEG..all tests were clear. Neurologist said it was TGA...Transient Global Amnesia....absolutely weird.....scared me ,My wife, and my kids. I had never heard of it....absolutely crazy experience. Glad it didn’t happen in the woods. Anyone heard of it?

18-Dec-18
My mom had something similar. Couple episodes actually. Hasn't happened in quite a while. Truth be told there's so many millions of things working perfectly in our body every second of every day that we take for granted, when I stop to think about it at the cellular level and beyond it really blows my mind that we can even live. "We are fearfully and wonderfully made" comes to mind. I guess it comes to reason that every now and then some brain neuron can glitch for a little.

18-Dec-18
Hopefully you have a really good Primary Care Physician who can refer you to the right Doctor for further tests.Had ho be scary for all. Good luck

18-Dec-18
Thanks Adam...My wife said I kept saying every minute or so,” Where are we going?” She would say “ we are going to the hospital”...I would wait a minute and say “ where are we going?” She would answer the same. She said i asked it about twenty five times in the ten minutes it took to get to the hospital. I knew all historical issues. I just didn’t know what was happning in th present.....absolutely crazy...I guess it is very rare with no lasting affects.....

18-Dec-18
Thanks Charlie

18-Dec-18
yes, good friend had it occur after water skiing in very cold water. After she let go of rope she didn't remember a thing. Husband thought she had a stroke. No lasting effects for her.

18-Dec-18
Wow! Never heard of such a thing. Pretty scary, indeed! Hopefully it’s just a 1 time thing, grape!

18-Dec-18
Mayo Clinic says 23 out of 100,000 per year...not suppose to have any lasting effects, but it was a crazy experience. About two hours after happened I was fine. I still don’t remember that 1 1/2 hours. Neurologist says I won’t remember it either.

18-Dec-18
That's scary as hell. If it happened to me I wouldn't worry much though, because my memory ain't worth 15 cents. I sold my dozer yesterday and forgot to go pick up the check this morning !

I hope this is over for you grape and doesn't affect your future health.

18-Dec-18
There are a few 1.5 hour periods I like to forget.

18-Dec-18
If I ever forget my Anniversary...I'm going with this!

All joking aside, that would freak me out! I guess every "computer" can get a "short" in it every now and again. Hopefully it's a one-time thing.

18-Dec-18
Usually my episodes always followed copious amounts of alcohol.

18-Dec-18

TD's embedded Photo
TD's embedded Photo
You're lucky..... if it were me Coach would just think I've zoned her out (again) or messing with her and I likely would have gotten a slap to the back of the head.....

All kidding aside, hope everything is OK and no effects..... and that it never unintentionally happens again. Be well.

18-Dec-18

Ambush's embedded Photo
Ambush's embedded Photo

19-Dec-18
Good luck and that would be scary.

19-Dec-18
grape Wow, I have never heard anything like that. Im glad to hear you are ok. Years ago I had an ocular migraine in the woods. My world just closed down to a tunnel and that was blurry with little lights of worms floating around. Thought i was having a stroke or something and I had never heard of it before. I couldn't walk out, I couldn't see my GPS, I couldnt call for help so I totally understand how scary your ordeal must of been. I just sat right down where I was. My vision returned after a very scary hour or so. I went straight to the hospital thinking i had a stroke but was diagnosed with the ocular migraine. no lasting effects and have never had it again. I found out our new cell phones without buttons are no good to you in that situation. no buttons by blind memory to feel to push.

19-Dec-18
Thanks guys. This sounds a little crazy, but I kinda was hoping another bowhunter would have experienced TGA. I certainly wouldn't wish it on anyone, but it would be interesting to compare notes. Thanks again for the concern....Greg

19-Dec-18
I haven't had it ... but I've seen it a number of times. True, it's scary, but people do well after it. The most difficult part is turning down the scary-meter, and I can sure understand why.

19-Dec-18
Deertick....I messaged you. Is it ok to ask?? Where have you seen it a number of times? The “scary-meter” is definitely an issue...Greg

• Sitka Gear