Kelly / Morgan Harris- Bowsite Knife!!!!
General Topic
Contributors to this thread:
Scar Finga 23-Dec-18
Bou'bound 23-Dec-18
mattandersen 23-Dec-18
RJ Hunt 23-Dec-18
Crusader dad 23-Dec-18
Chris S 23-Dec-18
Jaquomo 23-Dec-18
SaltyB 23-Dec-18
Scar Finga 23-Dec-18
Scar Finga 23-Dec-18
drycreek 23-Dec-18
Scar Finga 23-Dec-18
Lechwe 23-Dec-18
Scar Finga 23-Dec-18
buc i 313 23-Dec-18
Scar Finga 23-Dec-18
EmbryOklahoma 23-Dec-18
dirtclod Az. 23-Dec-18
lv2bohunt 23-Dec-18
Scar Finga 23-Dec-18
Scar Finga 23-Dec-18
Jaquomo 23-Dec-18
Scar Finga 23-Dec-18
Scar Finga 23-Dec-18
Scar Finga 23-Dec-18
altitude sick 23-Dec-18
milnrick 23-Dec-18
rattling_junkie 23-Dec-18
Mule Power 23-Dec-18
Nick Muche 23-Dec-18
Scar Finga 23-Dec-18
EmbryOklahoma 23-Dec-18
Scar Finga 23-Dec-18
lv2bohunt 23-Dec-18
Scar Finga 24-Dec-18
Scar Finga 24-Dec-18
GhostBird 24-Dec-18
Treeline 24-Dec-18
Scar Finga 24-Dec-18
EmbryOklahoma 24-Dec-18
Treeline 24-Dec-18
Scar Finga 24-Dec-18
Scar Finga 25-Dec-18
Scar Finga 26-Dec-18
Ace 26-Dec-18
Vonfoust 26-Dec-18
Scar Finga 26-Dec-18
Scar Finga 28-Dec-18
Brotsky 28-Dec-18
t-roy 28-Dec-18
Scar Finga 28-Dec-18
T Mac 28-Dec-18
Scar Finga 28-Dec-18
XbowfromNY 28-Dec-18
Scar Finga 28-Dec-18
Scar Finga 29-Dec-18
Scar Finga 31-Dec-18
molsonarcher 01-Jan-19
Scar Finga 03-Jan-19
INbowdude 03-Jan-19
boothill 04-Jan-19
Scar Finga 04-Jan-19
Tyler 04-Jan-19
Scar Finga 05-Jan-19
Scar Finga 06-Jan-19
Scar Finga 06-Jan-19
EmbryOklahoma 06-Jan-19
LUNG$HOT 06-Jan-19
Scar Finga 06-Jan-19
Mt. man 07-Jan-19
Scar Finga 07-Jan-19
'Ike' 07-Jan-19
Scar Finga 08-Jan-19
Sandbrew 21-Apr-19
Jaquomo 21-Apr-19
Scar Finga 21-Apr-19
Sandbrew 29-Feb-20
Scar Finga 21-May-23
Treeline 22-May-23
23-Dec-18

Scar Finga's embedded Photo
Good Morning,

There is another post on here about the old Bowsite knife that used to get pasted around from hunter to hunter. That knife has returned to it's original owner, but I thought it would be cool to start a new tradition with a new knife.

I have a hand made Bob Ham hunter knife that I am donating for this cause.

We will call it the Kelly/ Morgan Harris knife from here on out. The knife will be sent from hunter to hunter around the Bowsite world and I will include a small journal and a custom made arrow pen to go with it.

We will track it's journey through this site and the journal. At the end of the two years, the knife, journal and pen will be given to Morgan Harris as a small monument to Kelly and it's adventures... I think it would be a nice tribute to the family in remembrance of a great family man, friend and Bowsiter.

The notes in the journal must include, where it went, with who, what species was hunted and if successful. (Pictures should posted here, even if not successful in taking an animal)

I will start the process this January in AZ on my Coues and Javelina hunt. 1-10-19 to 1-18-19

I think it should be based on the hunt dates first, and then a first come first served basis. No special consideration for destination or animal should be given. However, I think once a species/ sub species is taken, it should be excluded from other hunts. What do you guys think? Kind of a N.A. 29 type thing with other species thrown in...

I will need the dates of your hunts. Bowbender and then Lungshhot will get it for their hunts ( I am waiting for thier dates) since they showed interest first. If anyone has a hunt before theirs, I will forward the knife and other items to them with the understanding that they each receive the knife when thier time comes... If you decide to be included, It wiil your responsibility to forward the knife and let me know where it is and who has it. If you cancel your hunt or can't forward the knife, I will pay for it to be shipped back to me and then I will forward it on to the next person in line. If I get conflicting dates, I will flip a coin to see who gets it.

Let me know your thoughts, we can change the rules up a little with better and brighter ides:) oh, and let me know if you are intersted in participating...

I have the pen, but need to pick up a nice leather bound journal today. I will post more pictures once I get the journal.

Merry Christmas and God Bless!

Mark Williams AKA. Scar, from Arizona

23-Dec-18
ThAt is a wonderful idea. Very special

23-Dec-18
Awesome idea I love it

23-Dec-18
Great idea.

23-Dec-18
Excellent idea!

23-Dec-18
Great idea

23-Dec-18
Wow, what a cool gesture! I hope to share it someday.

23-Dec-18
An incredibly touching gesture, and one I think Kelly would have love to have been involved in. This makes me really hope I draw my SC alligator tag I've been applying for.

23-Dec-18
^^^ This is all inclusive guys, send me your dates and I will lock you in. the species thing was just a suggestion, not law. If enough guys want it, I say we send it!!

Like I said, let me know your thoughts and ideas!

Thanks,

Scar

23-Dec-18
Once I get Lungshots and Bowbenders dates. I will start a running list of dates in this thread, that way everyone knows what's up and who has it scheduled. As of now, including me, I have 4 people signed up, dates to follow.

23-Dec-18
Great idea Scar ! I'm looking forward to following this journey.

23-Dec-18
Jaquomo just had a great ides... People can take it to conventions or happening and have people that knew Kelly from here or in person sign the book. I don't mind doing this as well as the hunts, I think it would be a great addition to the journal.

23-Dec-18
Rather than eliminate a species which which might limit it's travels what about eliminate each state and province and see how many it can travel to? Just a thought.

Awesome gesture BTW

23-Dec-18
Please send me your phone numbers with your PM. I already have a really tough decision to make and nee to talk to Jaquomo!!!! this also allow me to confirm dates as we move forward. Thanks,

Mark

Mark

23-Dec-18
Mark,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind and wonderful tribute to Kelly, and Morgan.

Folks like you and other Bowsiter's, who have made kind remarks, and tributes regarding Kelly, have been deeply appreciated by the Harris, family.

To know his legacy is ongoing is a testimonial to a good man well respected.

God, bless you, as he so blessed me with Kelly.

Don Harris

23-Dec-18
Don,

It is my honor sir, even though I never met Kelly, I felt like I knew him very well from following all his posts... Especially about Morgan! I was truly heart broken and shed tears for the Harris family when I heard of his passing!

God Bless you all, may His healing power and comfort be with all of you! You are always in my heart and prayers!

23-Dec-18
I'd love to have it the first week of November if available. 2nd-10th.

23-Dec-18
Sounds Great dirtclod Az.

23-Dec-18
Another idea might be to have guys meet and pass it along in person when possible. Take a picture of the handoff and post it on the leatherwall.

23-Dec-18
Guys, this going off the rails! I have received over 18 PM's so far and still counting. I will post the dates reserved tonight or tomorrow and then go from there. Lets keep this going and remember this is a two year journey!

23-Dec-18
Lv2bo hunt. the schedule I have so far is crazy. the knife will go back and forth across the US. it's also going to Alaska and Africa! Alaskan Moose and Cape Buffalo.

23-Dec-18
Why the leatherwall? Kelly and Morgan's adventures were posted here on the bowhunting site...

I will bring it to the P&Y Bowsite Meet-Greet and whomever wishes can sign the journal. Looking forward to being part of this!

23-Dec-18
Embry, those dates are taken this year, would you like to reserve for next year?

23-Dec-18
I have received about 30 PM's today. Please add a comment and bump this to the top if you send me a PM. That way it stays active and I don't have to post every 10 minutes:)

Thanks and God Bless!

Also I need your phone number and address if you PM me please!

Thanks!

23-Dec-18
including me, I have 9 confirmed hunts/ adventures. probably 13-14 if not for conflicting dates, including an Alaskan Polar bear hunt conflict! GGRRRRR!

23-Dec-18
This is a very nice gesture and am honored to be carrying it to Africa in April.

23-Dec-18
PM sent

23-Dec-18
Sounds like a great idea. PM sent.

23-Dec-18
Dates and phone number sent. That’s a REALLY nice looking knife!

23-Dec-18
Alaskan polar bear? Wow, wouldn’t that be cool if it were legal.

23-Dec-18
Nick, It is legal!

23-Dec-18
Scar... the first two weeks of November 2020 will work fine. :)

23-Dec-18
Embry,

It's yours!

Gents , and Ladies, I am already booking the knife for 2020!!! so awesome, please keep it coming! I have been so slammed today I can barely keep up with all the dates, people and places... That is good thing!

23-Dec-18
Jaquaomo

I wrote leatherwall by mistake. I flip between this site and there. Should have said bowsite.

24-Dec-18
GOOD MORNING!

I WILL POST THE DATES HERE AS THEY COME IN AND I CONFIRM THEM! THEY WILL RUN IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER AND I WILL EDIT AS WE GO.

HERE WE GO! 2019.....

ME (Scar) 1/10/19 -1/18/19. AZ Coues/ Mule Deer & Javelina

MOLSON ARCHER 1/24/19 - 2/1/19 Mexico Coues Deer

T-MAC 2/8/19 - 2/28/19 New York Whitetail

INBOWDUDE 3/28/19 - 3/31/19 Porkapalooza 13! HAWGS!!!

JAQUOMO 4/8/19 - 4/13/19 Colorado Turkey and P&Y Convention

ALTITUDE SICK 4/16/19 - 5/2/19 Africa Cape Buffalo

RATTLING_JUNKIE 5/9/19 - 5/23/19 Manitoba Canada Deer (His Sons First Deer)

ACE 5/28/19 - 6/9/19 N.B. Canada Bear

SCOOT 6/12/19 - 6/22/19 Idaho Bear Hunt

Mt. MAN 6/23/19 - 6/29/19 Idaho Bear Hunt with "Hunting Dreams" Cancer Survivor Hunt for Bailey

BROTSKY 8/13/19 - 8/20/19 Wyoming Pronghorn

LUNGSHOT 8/31/19 - 9/8/19 Colorodo Mule Deer and Elk

ARCHERYBS 9/15/19 - 9/25/19 Alaska Moose

CRUSADER DAD 9/27/19 - 10/02/19 WI Whitetail.

T-ROY 10/25/19 - 11/1/19 Iowa whitetails

BOWBENDER 11/4/19 - 11/16/19 Penn. Whitetail

SPORTOUTFITTER 11/18/19 - 11/28/19 WV Deer

SCAR 1/9/20 - 1/20/20 Arizona Coues/ Muley/ Javelina ( I will give the knife to someone else if they want it for this time period)

MILNRICK 6/20/20 - 6/30/20 N.B. Bear Hunt

MULE POWER 10/15/20 - 10/25/20 WY ELK

EMBRY OKLAHOMA 10/31/20 - 11/15/20 OK Deer and Hogs

PLEASE, If you PM me, give me your full name, the dates of you hunts, phone number, address, species you are hunting and where. I think I sent out 15 or 20 PM's this morning asking for that exact information. I won't sell you information!!!! I promise:0

Thanks,

Mark

24-Dec-18

24-Dec-18
Fantastic idea Scar.

24-Dec-18
Wow! Awesome idea, Scar!

Thanks for puttin it up and it will be a lot of fun to follow it’s adventures!

Will get an opportunity to see it at Pope and Young so will look up Lou there!

Not sure how some of you guys know that far in advance where and what you are hunting! Hell, I may or may not be hunting in Arizona and/or Texas next week:-)

24-Dec-18
Treeline, if you come to AZ next week, you should take the knife!!! I won't need it until the tenth! We could have a beer or two. I am in Mesa, AZ and you are welcome to come to the house!

24-Dec-18
"Not sure how some of you guys know that far in advance where and what you are hunting! Hell, I may or may not be hunting in Arizona and/or Texas next week:-)"

Yea, I could be dust by November 2020, but if I'm not, I'll be chasing whitetail and hogs in Oklahoma. ;)

24-Dec-18
Might be able to work something out, Scar.

Rick, I know I will be hunting, somewhere! Always working the angles to get the most time combined with work and family travel. Combine that with applying in 8 or 9 states a year for multiple species, raffles, etc. That can mean hunting or fishing about anywhere in the world these days... I do sometimes envy guys that have a set place to hunt year after year, but then I crave variety and adventure! Have bow (and fly rods), will travel!

24-Dec-18

25-Dec-18
I have had several questions asked in PM's and on the phone, so I will try and answer a few of them.

1. No... I am not paying for the all the shipping from person to person... It will be the responsibility of the person in possession of the knife to mail it to the next person on the list. Even if that means overnight shipping to get it to them on time. If you're not Ok with this, then please don't take the knife. I hope this was a joke...

2.Yes, I will be adding the journal and the pen as well as a ceramic knife sharpening "steel" to the box. I had to order the journal and will post pictures after I receive it .

3. Yes!!! Please get the knife bloody! Just clean it before mailing it on. I will include some basic care instructions with the knife.

4. NO!!! Please do not use a Work Sharp, Magic Chef or similar type device to sharpen it!!! I am pretty sure this one was a joke:) At least I hope it was!

Let me know if you guys have anymore questions.

Thanks, and we still have plenty of dates open!!

Scar

26-Dec-18
BTTT

26-Dec-18
Just to add an element of fun, I think that the First person to miss a shot at a target animal while in possession of the knife should be forced to travel to CT and do a Live Hunt next fall. :-)

26-Dec-18
If the knife is in your area would it be ok to meet the person in possession and sign the journal for the Harris family? PA whitetail is already on the list, not sure the knife needs to come back through PA but Kelly touched many of us.

26-Dec-18
^^^Of course, it's already going to P&Y as well as Porkapalossa 13 and a maybe a few bowsite happenings. I am sure lots of guys will be signing it. if you want to coordinate with one of the guys on here, please sign the journal!

Thanks!

28-Dec-18

The pen is emerald green if you can't tell from the pictures
The pen is emerald green if you can't tell from the pictures
Here is the pen and the journal. Both are handmade as well.

Let me know what you think.

28-Dec-18
This is awesome Mark! I sent you a PM!

28-Dec-18
Looks great, scar!

28-Dec-18
Thanks Guys!

Brotsky, PM answered, dates confirmed and entered above.

If we can get Treeline to commit (NO PRESSURE) we will be at 20 confirmed hunts!

28-Dec-18
Journal and pen look great!

28-Dec-18
PM Sent, balls in your court T-Mac :)

28-Dec-18
NY Whitetail in February? how is that possible.

28-Dec-18
^^^^ Requested dates- Feb, 2019 late season whitetail deer, Long Island NY. You will have to ask him... I just schedule the dates people request. Maybe he is actually hunting somewhere else????

29-Dec-18
The Knife has a name now... "K114"

Scar......have you come up with an “official” name for the knife yet?!!

Until last night, the knife didn't really have a name, while I was talking to Kelly's dad on the phone I read the post below from T-ROY... at almost the same instant Kellys dad mentions "114" it was very weird! No B.S

From T-ROY

"Scar......have you come up with an “official” name for the knife yet?!!

I’ll submit “K114” for consideration.

EDIT: I see where you already named it on the other thread.....My bad. "

So I guess the knife is now "K114"

31-Dec-18
Back To The Top.

Have a great day ladies and gentlemen!

01-Jan-19
Ttt

03-Jan-19
BTTT

03-Jan-19
Indeed, TTT

04-Jan-19
K114 will be at Pork 13 with INbowdude? Oh my I may have to take a road trip.

04-Jan-19
Yes Sir, Hopefully it gets put to good use!

Shiloh Ranch is on my to do list, wish I was going to be there with it!

04-Jan-19
I did not know the Harris family other then reading some posts on bowsite. I don't hunt much for myself, as I'm normally guiding. If outfitters and guides are allowed to take part and you want to see the knife make its way to Australia and work on a water buffalo I would be happy to contribute by taking it to buff camp with me this season or next. Open from May28 to August 1 at this point. could be a good way to fill that slower time of the year

05-Jan-19
Tyler,

That would be really cool! We have nothing in July if you want to make something happen, we will get it shipped over to you!

PM me dates and all you info, and I will get it on the list.

Thanks!

06-Jan-19
T- Minus Four Days and Counting, and the adventure of "K114" will begin!

06-Jan-19
One way or another, IT WILL BE BLOODY! Rabbits are game.... RIGHT???

06-Jan-19
I can't wait to receive it in 2020. I'm already salivating! :)

06-Jan-19
Hopefully it’s dug into a few critters by then Embry! I’m stoked to take it up in the high country with me Sept 1, 2019.

06-Jan-19
I'm excited for you all to take it!!! I hope it gets a few battle wounds, but not too many... It's kinda pretty!

07-Jan-19
Scar Finga I sent you a PM regarding our hunts we do for kids with illnesses like Cancer.

07-Jan-19
Mt. Man.

PM answered, but next year (2020) would be better as the dates overlap a little. I don't think it would make it on time.

Thank you!

07-Jan-19
Very cool...

08-Jan-19
Mt. Mans hunt has been scheduled, this is a cancer survivor hunt put on by Hunting Dreams! Just an FYI, this will be a rifle hunt, but I know that neither Kelly nor Morgan would mind a bit! In fact I ran it by Don Harris last night. It's a great cause, and a blessing for those that suffer from that horrible disease.

God Bless!

21-Apr-19
PM Sent - Hoping to take K114 along on a New Mexico Aoudad hunt 2/13-2/26/2020. I'll be sure to bring a case of Miller Lites along too.

Sandbrew

21-Apr-19
Balances well in the hand, too. You did a beautiful job, Scar!

21-Apr-19
Thanks Gents, although I really didn't do that much!

Sandbrew will be added to the list for a February, 2020 New Mexico Audad hunt!

We still have lots of dates open, please refer to the "Adventures of K114" post for open dates!

Thanks Again, Happy Easter and God Bless!

29-Feb-20

Sandbrew's Link
Update posted here - https://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=488372&messages=31&forum=12

21-May-23
Back to the top!

22-May-23
Such a great gesture and journey! Thank you for this, Mark!

• Sitka Gear