Willieboat 29-Dec-18
Owl 29-Dec-18
trkyslr 29-Dec-18
24-Dec-18

trkyslr's embedded Photo
Happy girls and dads!
trkyslr's embedded Photo
Happy girls and dads!
This thread will end the same way it started.... passing it on to those who matter! 2018 was a year full of adventure, good times, learning, personal records, and many firsts.

It began (as some of you may remember) taking my daughter Gia and her friend Clara on Clara’s first turkey hunt and having a successful hunt. Clara bagged her first turkey and it was priceless! Gia was happy for her friend but bummed she couldn’t hunt as she broke her wrist the day before her hunter ed class extending her time as a spectator ... good thing for a few turkeys ;-)

24-Dec-18

trkyslr's embedded Photo
I love bowhunting turkeys!
trkyslr's embedded Photo
I love bowhunting turkeys!
The general season began and I tagged out after a few hunts with all three gobblers falling to my arrow... no blind used. Having joe and Gia with me was great to share the experience.

24-Dec-18

trkyslr's embedded Photo
Here’s pics from most of those great hunts.
trkyslr's embedded Photo
Here’s pics from most of those great hunts.
As a team we took 19 spring birds, which joe and I were a part of.... I love turkey hunting so being a caller, unofficial guide and or Sherpa is just as rewarding for me to help others experience the addiction. Also several of those hunts were with more kids! We did video record many of these hunts and edit them, which are viewable on my Instagram (@chrisstone185) if you’d like to watch them. Sorry I don’t do facebooger or post to YouTube.

24-Dec-18
"Facebooger" -Lol, that's a new one to me.

Good stuff Chris!

24-Dec-18

trkyslr's embedded Photo
A buddy called him “moose” by his heavy palmation on his right side.
trkyslr's embedded Photo
A buddy called him “moose” by his heavy palmation on his right side.
In August I was fortunate enough to win a lengthy chess match and harvest my second biggest Nor Cal buck to date. Due to the new records protocol this buck will be dna tested.. ya I’m willing to help out. He did have an all blacktail, 120# on the hoof, 17.5” ear tip spread and lived west.. the chase and work far exceeds what this deer is to some people and any book. What he means and is to me is all that matters. :-)

24-Dec-18

trkyslr's embedded Photo
Wyoming is a great state!
trkyslr's embedded Photo
Wyoming is a great state!
A trip to Wyoming for whitetail didn’t disappoint ....

24-Dec-18

trkyslr's embedded Photo
Arizona is a bowhunter’s paradise!
trkyslr's embedded Photo
Arizona is a bowhunter’s paradise!
Next a trip to Arizona didn’t disappoint in the end even though it had a low... if you bowhunt enough you’ll be humbled and reminded how it’s a game of inches. Still brought home the groceries!

24-Dec-18

trkyslr's embedded Photo
Living life with a smile can get addicting!
trkyslr's embedded Photo
Living life with a smile can get addicting!
During the next month I tagged my second Nor Cal buck and helped many others with filling their tags. Had some great times and made memories with friends and family that will last a lifetime!

24-Dec-18

trkyslr's embedded Photo
Yes joe and I always love taking many photos and the best quality photos we can. These will be looked upon by family and friends hopefully well after our time.
trkyslr's embedded Photo
Yes joe and I always love taking many photos and the best quality photos we can. These will be looked upon by family and friends hopefully well after our time.
Fall turkey season began and I tagged two great longbeards, one spot stalk and second call in to the dave smiths... wait it gets better!

24-Dec-18

trkyslr's embedded Photo
Gia is officially a turkey slayer now... can’t wait until spring... bring it 2019!
trkyslr's embedded Photo
Gia is officially a turkey slayer now... can’t wait until spring... bring it 2019!
I was finally able to get Gia into a hunter ed class and she was excited but nervous. With some help to break the test down to be understood by a normal human being (kid or adult) gia passed and earned her hunter ed card to allow her to have dad buy her first license. The test was way more difficult then when I was a kid and unfortunately the comi state of Cali has mixed in heir own bs propaganda.. anyways On to better things.

I had a spot I’d been scouting that had birds frequenting a field each morning. Eventually with a few calls a group of Jakes and hens came in to the deeks. As I was trying to talk Gia through the shooting process , she took over and surprised me when she shot. However, her bolt hit perfect and the bird was instantly down. Gia killed her first turkey. I was so pumped and proud of her! It was a special day!

A few days later I took another new 12 year old hunter out and he killed his first turkey. The excitement he had was fantastic!

A couple weeks later we had a repeat at a different spot and again Gia made a great shot on another jake! Her first season and she “smoked” (for Paul lol) two Jakes. At just 8 years old Gia is addicted and already wanting to hunt more. It’s hard to put into words how she makes me feel and how she is growing so fast. Parenthood is awesome and passing on the outdoors lifestyle to today’s youth is what it’s all about as my family did for me when I was young. I wish all you and your families a safe and happy holidays... Merry Christmas!!!

24-Dec-18
Outstanding... Congratulations. Ed F

24-Dec-18
Congrats!!! Wonderful memories.

24-Dec-18
What a great year! Thanks for sharing!!

24-Dec-18
As always just amazing. I love seeing all the kidos involved. Thanks for that and thanks for posting!! Merry Christmas my friend. Hunt

24-Dec-18
That's what it's all about..."Passing it on"! Great season Chris, thanks for all you've done!

24-Dec-18
You had a great year thanks for sharing!

24-Dec-18
Great season! You guys make it look easy. Look forward to tipping a few back with you in Omaha.

Merry Christmas!

24-Dec-18
Awesome season and awesome pics as always. Congrats Chris and Gia!

24-Dec-18
Good for you’s awesome.

24-Dec-18
Great Season, Chris...so glad to hear Gia is hooked, at such an early age!

Have a great Christmas, Bud!

24-Dec-18
Awesome stuff as always Chris! Merry Christmas to you guys! Can’t wait to see Gia smacking those spring gobblers in a few months!

24-Dec-18
What an incredible deer in Nor Cal! Congrats!

24-Dec-18
Great stuff Chris. Merry Christmas!

24-Dec-18
Chris, absolutely awesome! Love seeing the kids taking part & enjoying the hunt. I bet their eyes light up beyond description when hearing the birds vocalize! Very cool sir! Merry Christmas!

ElkNut/Paul

24-Dec-18
Great season and thanks for sharing!

24-Dec-18
Thanks everyone and merry Christmas to you all! Appreciate the comments.. Have a good one.

25-Dec-18
Congratulations. You had a very blessed year. I hope next year is even better.

25-Dec-18
Great stuff Chris

25-Dec-18
Another epic season in the books, Chris! Good on you and Joe for helping others getting started in this great sport, as well. Looks like Gia is well on her way to giving you guys a run for your money! Have a blessed Christmas, my friend.

25-Dec-18
Your best post yet! Congrats amigo!

25-Dec-18
Love seeing the kids out there having a blast!

Congratulations on a very successful 2018 and hope 2019 is even better!

Also, wowzer what a great California blacktail!

25-Dec-18
Good stuff as always.

25-Dec-18
You had a great year ! Good on you for taking the kids.

25-Dec-18
Congrats on a great year Chris!

26-Dec-18
Thanks guys!

26-Dec-18
Great photo's and year! Congrats!

26-Dec-18
Another hell of a year! well done

26-Dec-18
What a feel good thread, Chris. Good stuff.

26-Dec-18
Good stuff, Chris! Just another year in paradise. Thanks for posting

29-Dec-18
Heck of a season Chris !! Congrats on your daughter getting the turkey bug !

29-Dec-18
Best turkey pics I've ever seen. Nicely done all around.

29-Dec-18
Thanks owl! With a little prepping and a vision anyone can take just as good of pics... joe and I have that!

• Sitka Gear