shiloh 26-Dec-18
md5252 26-Dec-18
Trial153 26-Dec-18
shiloh 26-Dec-18
Charlie Rehor 26-Dec-18
Bake 26-Dec-18
Franklin 26-Dec-18
26-Dec-18
Deciding between sitka and FL is there any major differences in warranties? I thought I had heard Sitka had a lifetime warranty?? Either would work for what I do. First Lite would save a few long wheelbase $10’s, but price is not the deciding factor for lifetime clothing.

26-Dec-18
Can’t speak to FL but Sitka has outstanding customer service. Always has stood behind their stuff from my experience

26-Dec-18
I have about 50 pieces of Sitka Gear. I don’t recall using the warranty. Exchanges and returns ...zero issues at all. In the past I owned maybe about a dozen pieces of of first Lite and have used warranty several times. Three times alone for pants that would blow out at the crotch, I also had to return and exchange tops for size issues as with first Lite as their sizing was all over the map. CS was excellent however I wasn’t happy with the amount of times I needed it. This was about three years ago and I have not purchased any since then,however in fairness I have heard they have become more consistant.

26-Dec-18
I have two pieces of first lite and I also had issues with the crotch tearing in the pants. So far, all I have from Sitka is a 1/4 zip hoodie that I bought from campfire just to try. So far I have zero complaints other than the chest pocket is not large enough for a phone.

26-Dec-18
I used the customer service once back in 2010. Excellent service. Also a couple of times I have used their exchange service to get a better size fitting which also worked very well. Never owned any FL as most of my Gear is for Whitetail Hunting.

All Sitka, all the time!

26-Dec-18
I have used Sitka warranty twice, and it was smooth smooth. Both times were for the same Kelvin Jacket. I LOVE the old Kelvin Jacket, and commonly wear it almost every day from November through March. The first one they replaced had the main zipper go haywire. I was on a 2 week dusty hunt, and it happened then. I didn't feel that was my fault, so I sent it in and they replaced.

The replaced jacket then had a pocket delaminate. Again, I didn't feel it was something I did, nor from general wear and tear, so I sent in and they replaced. Very smooth.

On the flip side, I had an Ulfrotte 600 weight merino shirt that I loved, and the zipper broke at 13 months after purchase. They refused to replace. Warranty only for a year. It was bloody expensive, and I won't be buying from them again

26-Dec-18
That explains the mauling you took on Rokslide...Trial. I was wondering why to were pushing so hard on the Sitka deal.

• Sitka Gear