Buffalo1 27-Dec-18
Treeline 27-Dec-18
t-roy 27-Dec-18
EmbryOklahoma 27-Dec-18
HUNT MAN 27-Dec-18
27-Dec-18

4point97's embedded Photo
I remember as a kid always getting super excited for that first hunt after Christmas, where I could take my new hunting gifts in the field for the first time. I’m 34 now, I still get that feeling. This year I received a ground blind that I asked for, as I look to the future of bringing my children along with me. The pic is me with my first compound bow I received when I was 11, and my first ever deer taken at 13.

27-Dec-18

27-Dec-18
NICE! : )

Just curious........................................what's that in the shadow box? Looks like a small tree limb or something?

27-Dec-18
That’s the tree he rubbed right before I shot him, also the arrow I used, Shooting glove, story I wrote about the hunt, and an award I received, and the game check in tag. My father saved everything and gave it all to me last year as a Christmas gift

27-Dec-18
That's an awesome, thoughtful gift!

27-Dec-18
That is a very cool and, I’ll bet, a VERY thoughtful & meaningful gift that your Dad gave you, 4point97! I’m sure it brings back some great memories each time you look at it.

What did you write the story for? A class project, an essay contest or another reason? Not sure if you can get it out of your display, but it would be a cool read if you could post it on here to get your thoughts and insight as to your perspective at 13 years old.

27-Dec-18
Very special gift indeed. One of my all time favorites. T-Roy, let me see what I can do, I may be able to write it out on here. My father had me write down what happened a couple days later, so I’d always remember the hunt.

27-Dec-18
That's so cool! So he saved all that stuff and had the shadow box made and gave it to you 20 years later?

27-Dec-18
If you do post it on here, write it word for word!

27-Dec-18
Great story!!!

Mark

27-Dec-18
What an amazing gift! That whole group is a treasure to keep forever.

27-Dec-18
Awesome

27-Dec-18
Here is the story from paper I wrote, word for word, period for period lol

Titled: The Hunt of a Lifetime

My father was sitting the evening before in a big oak tree. When a nice 4 point came right in and was walking towards him. It started to rub on a little tree. Then it went the opposite direction right towards the vegetable garden. The next day October 11, 1997 my dad and I went back to the vegetable garden in Fairfax County Virginia. We got in there a little late, my father put a tree stand up for me right next to his stand. I asked him if we had the right wind and he said no. So we got settled in and all of a sudden the wind changed. We both were hunting with bows. My dad was standing up for about 5 minutes. Then he said “here he comes”. It was the same 4 pointer my dad saw the evening before. He was coming straight towards us. The buck came in and rubbed on the same tree as the night before. While I was watching the buck it started to walk behind some brush. And I lost sight of it for about 5 minutes. I thought it might have gone up to the vegetable garden. But then it stepped out about 10 yards from me. I came to full draw and released. It hit high and it ran in a circle and I watched it die 40 yards from my stand. My dad congratulated me on my first deer ever. We got out of the stand and went to the deer and gutted it. I ate some of the deers heart. I will always remember this deer hunt because it was my 7th deer hunt and my first time coming to full draw on a deer.

27-Dec-18
That is such a great gift! He kept those all those years...amazing.

27-Dec-18
Now THIS is super cool! Congrats and well done to your Dad!!!

27-Dec-18
Very neat keepsake. What a wonderful reminder of a great moment in your hunting adventures.

27-Dec-18
Love the story! Now we know the reason for the handle! Love it and thanks for sharing!

27-Dec-18
Great story, Ryan! I’ll bet your Dad was ALMOST as excited that evening as you were!

27-Dec-18
Pretty cool story! Congratulations, Ryan.

27-Dec-18
That’s what hunting is about!!

• Sitka Gear