smurph 03-Jan-19
Bill Obeid 03-Jan-19
scentman 03-Jan-19
TrapperKayak 03-Jan-19
spike78 03-Jan-19
TrapperKayak 03-Jan-19
t-roy 03-Jan-19
27-Dec-18
I had pm’d about using my handheld gps for his elk hunt and he was thankful and grateful. I was rooting for him on his elk hunt as he was such an underdog and he got it down and shut up all the naysayers and critics! He could take an onslaught of crap and it rolled off like water off a ducks back. I am one who misses him but at times he was on every thread and a bit much. Piss bugs and tracking spiders HDYLMK!

27-Dec-18
He was trying to tell Jason Westbrook how to shoot and set up bows one day on Facebook. I pm'ed Jason and told him who he was and Jason politely backed out of the argument. Steve had no idea who Jadon was... I always say, sometimes it pays to find out who the person is...

27-Dec-18
" The best was when he went on his first elk hunt and actually killed one. "

Apparently.... now that's two. I don't remember the bears. Next level stuff for sure......

There's a reason he's been kicked off so many sites he'd have to take his boots off to count em..... reason being everybody is just jealous they weren't him.....

27-Dec-18
Wait what happened?

27-Dec-18
Bring him back!

27-Dec-18

27-Dec-18
he is a pariah, tainted even threads about him disappear. Bye-Bye

27-Dec-18
He was an interesting novelty, who know doubt can hunt. I believe he’s gone from here, same as every other site where he’s been banned, because he won’t stop making personal attacks that discourage people from participating. A guy also loses credibility when he attempts to turn every thread into a celebration of himself.

27-Dec-18
Actually, he shot two; lost the first one.

27-Dec-18
Anthony... that would be like telling Pat how to run his site, huh? Wesbrock can shoot!

27-Dec-18
i say bring him back and give him his own section.

27-Dec-18
Great guy, but thin skinned no-do’ers got him banned. Scared of his skills...

27-Dec-18
Sorry, Nick... but only one person got TBM banned, that would be himself.

28-Dec-18
He went after Pat personally, and it was uncalled for. That's why he was banned. His last post wasn't up for long, then Pat stepped in and adios. I knew the minute that post hit, it would be his last. He should have too...

28-Dec-18
I don't miss him at all. He was a little funny at first but the constant self-aggrandizing, whether it was meant to be funny or not, got old. He was like the guy/gal at work that is a conversation killer. Always dominating the conversation and it's always about them. Most people don't like that type of person, be it on the internet or in a work place. There is another one on here that is similar that who I used to respect, but has wore out his welcome with most. I don't understand how someone could like TBM, but not the other individual. One in the same.

28-Dec-18
Hmmmmm...

28-Dec-18
Social skills matter. Here and in life. I often remind people that are tossed out of forums, clubs, companies and even families that the person undermining them the most these days can be seen in the nearest mirror. Takes a bit of a God complex to think anything I say or you say will significantly impact how any of us hunt, vote, worship, manage money, treat our spouses and kids, etc. Trash-talking is a cancer for a forum that wants participation by enthusiasts. It gets old fast and can kill a forum as much as forum moderators that have too quick a trigger when view appear they disagree with and take it personal. Bowsite is very patient. You really have to be a pain to get tossed or cross a major line in the sand. TBM had a lot of rope here and this was his doing here as had been other places.

28-Dec-18
Somebody can trap him, box him up, put a bow on him and ship him to Nick!? Now, the question is what to use for the lure?

28-Dec-18
So you’re saying Pat has thin skin? Say it ain’t so boys!

FYI... didn’t see the “last” post...

28-Dec-18
I hate missing out on a thread where I'm not sure who/what everyone is talking about.

I can't imagine Pat having thin skin dealing with all of us. The guys probably been handed a phycology degree just from keeping the forum in line.

28-Dec-18
He was an expert troll and it was hilarious. He did have some good insight on things like turkey hunting as much as people dont want to believe it. I would bet he's a normal dude in real life

28-Dec-18
"Takes a bit of a God complex to think anything I say or you say will significantly impact how any of us hunt, vote, worship, manage money, treat our spouses and kids, etc. " That is one of the smartest things I've read on Bowsite. Treewalker, if that is a statement of your own making, you are a smart man....greg

28-Dec-18
Pat runs a great site but some take themselves too serious. TBM played some like a fiddle and brought humor. Enjoy the ride it goes way to fast!

28-Dec-18
DANG! That snakebite MUST have really affected my brain.................................................I could have sworn I replied to this thread several times yesterday! : (

28-Dec-18
He had a knack for twisting the knot LOL.

28-Dec-18
Deja Vu all over again.

28-Dec-18
Huh...I thought I had a fairly benign post on this thread...poof! Gone like a fart in the wind!

28-Dec-18
LOL! You can almost feel the finger hovering over the delete key....... I bet the "Are you sure you want to delete this?" warnings are even off....... heheheheh....

WapitiBob, that's right, forgot he hit and lost an elk on that hunt....... makes ya wonder on his other counts don't it...... LOL!

28-Dec-18
LOL, like half of them disappeared.

28-Dec-18
its probably just a glitch in the system scoot..... purely coincidental

28-Dec-18
Kinda like the topic hisself....... they tried to kill the thread...... but it just keeps on coming back.... LOL!

28-Dec-18
I don't think TBM was a cunning troll, deftly tying people in knots. I believe he is an uber narcissist that was convinced anything he said was unassailable, so it didn't bother him when people disagreed.

But my all time favorite was, after multiple failed attempts to get Pat to interview him, he did his own interview. He started out by saying that Bowsite was missing a great opportunity and if Pat did interview him it would look like this:

Pat: "Now Steve you are obviously one of the best, if not the best turkey hunter alive today!! Can you give us a glimpse into what makes you so incredibly good!!?

TBM: " Thanks Pat. You could add deer hunter into that to, but let's talk turkey for now and your readers are in for a big treat."

28-Dec-18
Ambush- That is hilarious! I had no clue about that incident. The reason I was unaware is anytime he chimed in, I tuned out. I had seen that car wreck enough times, I didn't need to watch it again. I know what happened when TBM started posting. I have been a member of Bowsite since at least 1998, and I found myself not visiting it anymore. What can I say, pompous @ holes turn me off. I suspect Pat isn't too tolerant of them either, when they tick off his base.

28-Dec-18
Ambush! LMAO! Oh man, that's too much!

28-Dec-18
TBM: "I was born a poor black child...."

28-Dec-18
Couldn’t agree more with your first comment, Ambush. I don’t think he just threw crap out there to see what stuck. I believe he truly thought in his heart that he was a far more superior hunter than the masses. I don’t doubt that he was probably a good hunter, but I’d put a bunch of guys here on bowsite up against him any day, and put my money on them any day of the week.

It’s like my Dad always told me.....”If there’s any bragging to be done on you, somebody else will do it”

28-Dec-18
I'd put money down that Steve could out-turkey hunt 99% of Bowsiters, especially if we are talking Easterns. Heck, maybe he was the best, but there is no way of knowing. Narcissist? Well yeah. He won't be the first or last though. Jealously was rampant of course, so a lot of guys here had to marginalize turkey hunting.

It was a lot of other topics/species where he got himself in too deep if you ask me though. If he really went after Pat personally, then I guess he got what he had coming to him.

28-Dec-18
I could give a rats azz at who’s the best. I come on here to learn and share my passion of bowhunting with likewise individuals. His ego never pushed my buttons because I’m not here to compete but to learn and laugh a bit. If you don’t like what some post don’t read it. I wouldn’t let someone else push me away from something I thoroughly enjoy. Adjust adapt and move on albeit to the next thread.

I find the bickering during the slow times worse then some Alabama wingnut.

28-Dec-18
I do know he never would have lost that first elk if he had spent more time preparing his tracking spiders for higher altitude. Rookie mistake.

28-Dec-18

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Here ya go... :)

28-Dec-18
oh WOW! That's the TBM we remember there.

28-Dec-18
Scoot, I do believe there was a fair amount of jealousy, but certainly not all those who didn't like him were jealous. I understand your disdain for his narcissism. However, there are a lot worse qualities in folks out there that come to mind. There is often more to a person than the quality we like to focus on. We certainly disagree if you don't think there was any value in any of his posts, albeit I would agree that there was little-to-no value in some of them.

28-Dec-18
Didn’t he have some YouTube videos out? I vaguely recall watching one.

Brotsky, the child born quote...LOL!

I wish I’d seen that interview. That’s hilarious. Was it on YouTube with his others?

28-Dec-18
He was on Elknut’s forum for a while, looking for that “next level discussion” that he couldn’t find here. No idea where he is now.

28-Dec-18
Did TBM try to come back?

28-Dec-18
WB He wore out his welcome there. I think he showed up on Rokslide for a while. Something about an Alabama boy with 2 elk hunts under his belt and his ego, tells me he didn’t last long there.

28-Dec-18
My god people on hunting forums are pussies

28-Dec-18
I found him very entertaining, and the reaction he caused just as entertaining.

Way better hunter than I will ever hope to be...but that ain't saying much really.

28-Dec-18
Pat, could we bring him back for a little while, just to get through the winter months?

01-Jan-19
I don't spend a lot of time on Bowsite and after reading this thread I regret not seeing more of what TBM wrote. Would have been very entertaining.

01-Jan-19
That boy was just misunderstood. Being the world's greatest turkey bowhunter is a tough role for an Alabama country boy.

01-Jan-19
Well, if bowriter leaves, TBM should come back to take his place. :)

01-Jan-19
My prediction for 2019.... TBM won’t be back. & Bowriter will continue to post

01-Jan-19
This place got too PC for o’l TBM anyway. If your not talking about doing yoga or crying after you kill a critter most of this crowd doesn’t want to hear it. I think if some one reads a post and it upsets them just don’t click on it anymore.... Why ban TBM ? He was funny as hell, but he also got it done . After years of reading post on this site you can tell who you should listen to and who you should just read a line or two and move on.

01-Jan-19
Jdee spot on! He sure could twist up the guys who took themselves to serious!

01-Jan-19
The only guy that ever posted who could physically force me to laugh out loud... Wish he could've kept his trap shut every now and then.

02-Jan-19
Man! Kids and life have really limited my bowhunting and time on bowsite for several years, but TBM getting the boot was the big talk back then?! The legend lives on.

Has anyone quantified his modified P&Y measuring scale yet?!

02-Jan-19

02-Jan-19
He certainly knew how to push buttons with his brash,arrogant way. So what!! He reminds me of someone else in the news these days. And yes, I voted for him because of his agenda and the results he achieves. I wouldn’t kick him off this site. Bring back TBM and let’s have a laugh.

02-Jan-19
I think he is everything, everyone has said he is. But he sure as hell made me laugh. And the best was when he and Bigdan were into it, and Dan told him,”well, I guess you can’t fix stupid”. Having said that though, I think Pat did the right thing. But I sure do miss the comedy.

02-Jan-19
I think MOST everything he did was for entertainment. I truly do. I found a lot of humor in it at times and, I often found myself moving on when not in the right mood when he'd post things to get those reactions. I know many here sure had no use for him.

I believe all that because no one could possibly be that SIMPLE in life. He was a family guy. No one could raise kids, pay a mortgage, or hold a regular job if they were truly that way.

02-Jan-19
That was classic calling in an elk with a wiffle ball bat!

02-Jan-19
Who saved the classic drawing of him in the tree stand I think? Post it please. Bama hat, tracking spiders and all.

02-Jan-19
So for us bowsite noobs, what's the tracking spiders story?

02-Jan-19
Isn't being "The World's Greatest Turkey Hunter" about like being "The World's Greatest Crappie Fisherman?" The Double Sunfish Super Slam?

Now don't get me wrong.... I've arrowed a couple, turkey hunting is fun...... but then again so are mopeds and fat girls..... =D

03-Jan-19
Maybe Pat should ban all the aholes that always talk bad and put down other people.If you don't like someones thread don't open it.That simple but no real rhyme or reason why people get banned.I have emailed time and again trying to find out why I was one time

03-Jan-19
TBM was like a very rank fart in the room. It won't really hurt you, but you can't really ignore it either.

03-Jan-19
TBM and Mitch Rompola, best entertainment ever posted on bowsite. I'm still not sure if he was a real or just a spoof, kinda like Bigfoot with a bow.

03-Jan-19
Love him or hate him......... no ex Bowsiter has ever been referenced as often as TBM. The self proclaimed Turkey Bow Master. Referenced , hell... we’re still creating threads about him.

I found it all more entertaining than aggravating. Although some of it was just BM.

03-Jan-19
TBM, Rompola, and Bigfoot... let's not forget Bigfoot! TBM got inside a lot of guy's heads on this site... kind of like a fella on the CF.

03-Jan-19
Sounds to me like the Bowsite version of Frisky... Was he really serious, or just Phishing for Phun?

03-Jan-19
Trapper he was exactly like Frisky.

03-Jan-19
Frisky should be banned then (JK, Joe :) ). I always thought it was easier to get banned on LW than here. TBM musta arrowed a nerve...

03-Jan-19
Yeah, if that nerve was is in the hams.

• Sitka Gear