butcherboy 29-Dec-18
Scar Finga 29-Dec-18
Aubs8 29-Dec-18
White Falcon 30-Dec-18
Rob Nye 01-Jan-19
bas4109 01-Jan-19
pirogue 04-Jan-19
29-Dec-18
Anybody have experience freezing jerky after making it? Its such a pain to make (in my opinion) that when i make it, i like to make a lot. Any issues with making, vacuum sealing, and freezing?

29-Dec-18
I usually make a big pile when I make it as well. Used to wrap my jerky in paper and freeze and it worked OK but ended up with a little freezer burn and the flavor suffered. Have had very good luck vacuum sealing and freezing.

29-Dec-18
Vacuum and freeze jerky all the time. No worries.

29-Dec-18
Yep. Works great. Time to make some soon!

29-Dec-18
I've still got some vacuum sealed jerky from 2016 i found hidden in my freezer. Opened it up and tried it compared to some I made this year and can't tell any difference. Vacuum sealers are amazing.

29-Dec-18
Yup, vpack. We grind and then use a jerky shooter and food dryer. Prefer it to slicing and it sure is a lot easier.

29-Dec-18
We vacuum seal all of our customers jerky. Doesn’t matter if it’s pressed or sliced. We put a little less vacuum on the sliced and add oxygen scavengers inside the bag. Also vacuum seal the snack sticks. It doesn’t take long for a package of jerky to thaw out. We also don’t use any kind of dehydrator but cook it in our commercial smoker because it just turns out so much better.

29-Dec-18
Yep, vacuum seal and go for more!

29-Dec-18
Anyone care to share their recipes?

30-Dec-18
Got some in the freezer now.

01-Jan-19
Aubs8; I make lots of (Muscle not ground) jerky every year from my clients’ deer. I use High Mountain Seasonings Mandarin terriyaki mix but with 1/4 of the recommended cure. After marinating it in mix for 24 to 36 hours I put it on racks and sprinkle some Montreal steak and roasted garlic and peppers spice before smoking with Alder chips. Everyone claims it is fantastic and it disappears as fast as I can make it.

01-Jan-19
I use Nesco “Sweet Hardwood” when I make jerky from ground meat. I make it in 4 lb batches and vacuum seal that into smaller portions. My kids eat it constantly.

04-Jan-19
Vac seal, but I don’t freeze. You don’t find it in the frozen section in the store.

• Sitka Gear