APauls 01-Jan-19
Trial153 01-Jan-19
Zbone 01-Jan-19
WV Mountaineer 01-Jan-19
Brian M. 01-Jan-19
31-Dec-18

DL's Link
not a good way to go.

I know it’s not an archery kill And it’s not photoshopped or is it?

31-Dec-18
Would like to see it, but don't Facebook.

31-Dec-18
A professional predator control guy I know in Wyoming told me golden eagles tag team goats often. He's seen it more than once.

01-Jan-19
Yea I’ve heard of this too. Heard they will snatch babies and lift them up and drop them.

Heard of them going after bighorn sheep as well

01-Jan-19
I’ve personally seen one dive and try to dislodge Dall sheep lambs from the cliffs in the Yukon.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if the video is genuine.

01-Jan-19
I witnessed it when I worked on a ranch in WY as a kid. A University did a study about this in the 80s. They witnessed several attacks.

01-Jan-19
Who posts stuff with links to Facebook?

01-Jan-19
The late Elmer Keith, highly regarded as the best sheep hunter/ guide ever, wrote in his book, “Hell, I was there”, that he had no problem killing Bald and Golden Eagles, for doing the exact same thing. And this was a hundred years ago. Thing certainly have changed.

01-Jan-19
I've seen goldens chase pronghorn ... and I think Cnelk has a great photo of a golden eagle from our pronghorn hunt about 2 years ago. Cnelk?

01-Jan-19
Yeah I've seen YouTube vids of them hunting and killing antelope, sheep, and even wolves in Mongolia.

They are badass birds, no doubt about it.

01-Jan-19
Don’t Facebook so can’t open you attachment.

Have seen golden eagles working as a pair knock bighorn sheep lambs and ewes off the cliffs in the summer when I worked up at the Climax Mine in Colorado.

My grandad was a sheep rancher and I can remember him setting traps for eagles and shooting them any time he saw one. My folks had goats on their ranch down in SW Texas and the eagles would kill quite a few of their lambs in the spring. Adds up to some pretty big losses pretty quickly.

01-Jan-19
We have a golden eagle pair that lives near our place in Newfy. Their wingspans are huge. The gulls go nuts when they or the bald eagles are soaring over the water. Saw a baldy grab a gull in midair that was harassing him. I saw a baldy grab a young otter off the ice up here on the Androscoggin River, fly about 100 feet in the air and drop it onto the ice, killing it. It then ate part of it.

01-Jan-19

Griz34's Link
Try another link.

01-Jan-19
Holy smokes ... that's quite a video.

01-Jan-19
Thanks Griz34

01-Jan-19
Yikes not a pleasant way to go...literally eaten alive.

01-Jan-19
Watched a golden chase a kid on my 2017 mountain goat hunt.....was quite the chase but kid did manage to evade him

01-Jan-19
A friend of mine watched 2 Goldens take down a fawn Antelope a couple of years ago from a waterhole blind. Two more came in a fed after the initial takedown. He later walked over to see how much waste there was and it looked like a trained surgeon had went to work on it with a scalpel. They even split the skull cap and ate the brains. Judging by several other bone piles close by, this area was a routine spot for them to kill them. IMO they are basically a flying Coyote.

01-Jan-19
Watched a golden eagle fighting over dead jack rabbit with a coyote for about 15 mn., the golden won that round.

01-Jan-19

cnelk's embedded Photo
cnelk's embedded Photo
Here is the pic Deertick mentioned.

After he shot his buck, a golden eagle came in to check it out

01-Jan-19
Saw this in Wyoming it 1973, the eagled dived three times and finally got it, When we told The rancher said it was impossible because the government said they couldn't do it.

01-Jan-19
Saw that one....nature is brutal.....what we do as bowhunters is humane by comparison.

01-Jan-19
That’s just catch and release. We all know how they can survive after missing a piece of the backstraps ;) very smart on the eagles part, it’s a renewable resource

01-Jan-19
Golden eagles are badass

01-Jan-19
Have a series of photos of Golden Eagle after a whitetail doe...

01-Jan-19
Birds of prey are very hard on most everything. Since it has become accustomed to let them live, plus a government designation of protection, Wild turkeys, Quail, grouse, and all other smaller game has declined in many areas. People say clean farming, coyotes, etc.... are the culprits. But, according to some biologists here, the raptors are killing more. Since we are not a huge agriculture state and, have seen the decline first hand, I tend to agree.

01-Jan-19
Fast food? I kept thinking, run like the wind, he can't hang on at 60. But, he probably could.

• Sitka Gear