KY EyeBow 04-Jan-19
drycreek 04-Jan-19
Bou'bound 05-Jan-19
ground hunter 05-Jan-19
Hancock West 05-Jan-19
01-Jan-19

Bowriter's embedded Photo
Bowriter's embedded Photo
I am about to make the New Year for some. Recently, I posted about a hog hunt and mentioned we do not handle or eat the hogs. As promised, I will try and get the information of the disease that is transmitted and causes blindness. Need some folks to get back from holiday vacation. As soon as I get that info. I will post it. Then, I am done. That will be my last post on Bowsite. For all those that complained my posts had nothing to do with bowhunting, how about your favorite New Year's Eve beverage or being married to someone named Markall...or something.

If anyone needs or wants to contact me, they can do so at [email protected]. Hope all of you have a great year. I now have my crossbow, muzzleloader and rifle cleaned and out up. I'm going fishing.

01-Jan-19
Moron that later.

01-Jan-19
Happy New Year John, and will apologize for my hog post.

01-Jan-19
John you give way too much credence to the thoughts of people, 99.9% of whom you will never meet, never know, and never care about, nor will they meet nor care about you

You should feel free to post as much as you’d like..............it is good fun when not taken any more seriously than it deserves to be

01-Jan-19
Agree with bou, your posts are always interesting and some folks do not appreciate you but I for one will always respect you! Shawn

01-Jan-19
John as I said before, and in PM's, I enjoy your posts and insight! But I think you already know that! I have a lot of respect for you, and hate to see you let some yo-yos run you off! Haters are gonna hate, and some people are just plain spiteful, and others just jealous!

God Bless!

Mark

01-Jan-19
No need to stop posting altogether. Having said that, I'm not sure why it's so bad to stick to bowhunting topics. I guess if you start your own popular website, you can start threads about Meghan Markle too if you like.

01-Jan-19
John..... some guys here should show more respect towards the statesmen of our ranks.

01-Jan-19
John, If you are choosing to leave Bowsite because of the critics, that is a mistake! There is a lot of keyboard courage on this site. If you have other reasons, I wish you well!

01-Jan-19
Best wishes John and happy new year.

01-Jan-19
Up here we call it taking your puck, leaving the game and going home. More fun to stay, throw a few body checks and maybe an elbow or 3.

01-Jan-19
Yeah..... I wouldn’t let some of these dik heads run me off. Just a few internet bullies that need to pick on someone to boost their own lack of self confidence

01-Jan-19
The last guy that posted stuff for humor and reaction was booted. Now we get threads that talk about his tracking spiders and such. His legacy in general was misunderstood and greatly under appreciated.

While I think your humor was less derogatory, many of your post were meant to evoke the same responses TBM’s was. Maybe that was when you decided you were going to leave. Because you did it for the effect you received.

I’m sure you won’t pull your hair out with anxiety over not posting here. Just like I’m sure people aren’t going to once you are gone. Just be honest, this has been coming on and you’ve been stoking the fires as it progressed.

I wish you the best. Good luck and God Bless.

01-Jan-19
Hate to see you go :( On the benefit to you, you'll have lots more free time staying off of bowsite!

01-Jan-19
Good luck John, whatever you decide.

01-Jan-19
John,

Your post will be missed. You always had a unique way to make people think- in today’s world that can and is a difficult task.

Perhaps after a time of sabbatical you will return. I for one hope so. Many of the younger people on this site have no real idea who you are or what all you have done if life. I for one considered it a gift that you took the time to share your humor and experiences on the site. You will be missed.

Who will the haters hate next?

01-Jan-19
Bowriter- PLEASE don’t leave us................PLEASE! We won’t be able to get by without your infinite knowledge, superior wit and unique humor! You are a Bowsite legend!

MERRY CHRISTMAS! ;-)

01-Jan-19
I'm not buying it.

01-Jan-19
Best of luck to you John. Have a great 2019!

01-Jan-19
One down one to go !

01-Jan-19
I expected you to pick up on that SnS;)

01-Jan-19
Do what you want but you are giving in to the few that will disagree with you no matter what you say. I am sure people have disagreed with your articles for the last 30 years but the internet allows you to see it more. I for one thing k an old rodeo guy is tougher than that.

01-Jan-19
John, don't be a quitter. Keep fighting the good fight.

01-Jan-19
I always like reading your posts. Whenever I got tired of a forum/site....I just left. I never felt a need to announce it. BTW...nice fish!

You do bring up a valid point about posting non-BH stuff. If threads were strictly BH related and nothing else....there would be alot of boring threads or one-n-done threads clogging up the site. IMO a little topic deviation isn't a bad thing for keeping site interest going. The things you can learn beyond the archery topics is often good stuff.

01-Jan-19
I agree with fastflight , I thought an old bull rider would be tougher than that . Hope you change your mind . Happy New year !

01-Jan-19
Who cares? There are guys on here that we're real jackasses 8 years ago and now they are gone or I hunt with them. I still enjoy posting and watching hunts in here regardless of how im treated. This site keeps me sane (or insane) at work where I have to deal with real idiots

01-Jan-19
Good luck in 2019.

01-Jan-19
What would bowsite be with out content? If I don't like what someone's pov is I just click on the next subject. When I hear the intro to "drop zone" on dish, I just change the channel - it's just not for me. I found bowsite in 1998, it gives me my bowhunting fix 24/7 with constantly new material more than my hunting magazines or my small fortune in VHS hunting videos. There are a lot of great hunters here on bowsite and I think it's awesome to get to interact with them and hear their point of view! If guys are being a-holes let the Mods handle it - Ex. TBM Stick around John! Pat thanks for my bowhunting fix! And it is free! Gonna go look for a mule deer now!

01-Jan-19
Couldn’t get Pat to increase 2 cents per word so u quit.

01-Jan-19
Bowriter I always enjoy your posts and wit. You invoke critical thinking and some are too shallow to follow. Pull up your boot straps and carry on! Agreed that many don’t respect our elder statesmen and their experiences. The young bucks think they know better,sometimes maybe they do, but they love to argue or discredit but that’s an internet thing these days. You need to be strawnger tehn tnik and sitck aorund!

01-Jan-19
John, I wish you would reconsider. I always enjoyed hearing what you have to say. I didn’t always agree with everything you say, but you always have an educated point of view on things. I attended many of your seminars at the Michigan deer and turkey spectacular shows, back in the 80’s and 90’s. I even recall having a few personal conversations with you over there. Id like to see you stick around, but good luck and thanks for all your comments if you decide to leave.

01-Jan-19
If bowsite had an ignore button it would make a lot of people happy. Heck, tbm might still be here!

01-Jan-19
As I said... HATERS ARE GONNA HATE! Most of us would prefer that YOU went away!

01-Jan-19
I don't, and won't, post much on the Big Game forum anymore because of a handful of real dummies (around 10 or 12 of them) who take this crap waaayyy too seriously and they know who they are, maybe...

But, I haven't and won't "leave" because of them either. I've decided to just take the lurker road.

01-Jan-19
No offense dude but you posting or not has no effect on my year. Just sayn. Good luck to ya.

01-Jan-19
HDE is a good guy... :) (Edited) and so is John IMHO.

01-Jan-19
DELETED.

01-Jan-19
SBH, where you talking about HDE, or where you talking about John? John has done more for archery than you will ever do for anything! EVER! Your opinion means nothing! Once again... BYE!

Why even post??? Because you can't resist being a... You fill in the blanks...

Sounds about right...

01-Jan-19
Come on Scar. John is a big boy. In case you didn't notice, he shed those attempted jabs like water. He made this decision. He was a willing participant that gave as good as he got in all of it.

01-Jan-19
I have always enjoyed your posts Bowriter and was shocked to find out we have some history together.

I agree that some take this stuff WAY too seriously. They take posts or comments personally and read more into them that was intended.

Hang around John and have a great and healthy 2019....will be looking forward to your next thread.

01-Jan-19
Leaving seems kinda “wussy” doesn’t it? Say what you want and who cares what anyone else says.

01-Jan-19
John gave as good as he got! He started many threads just to get a response even if he knew it would be negative. if you don’t believe that then you did not look at many of them. Some of his stuff created a lot of entertainment and I have a hard time believing that now he is letting it get to him and quitting. He must have got bored with it.

01-Jan-19
^^^^This^^^^

01-Jan-19
I assume there is some significance to the fish photo....emblematic perhaps of the many here who have risen to your bait. You are an excellent writer with much useful information to add to our conversations. You have strongly held opinions in conflict with some on the forum and agreement with others. There has to be some deeper issue than an occasional disagreement on an internet forum, obnoxious as they can be, to cause you to depart.

01-Jan-19
I assume there is some significance to the fish photo....emblematic perhaps of the many here who have risen to your bait. You are an excellent writer with much useful information to add to our conversations. You have strongly held opinions in conflict with some on the forum and agreement with others. There has to be some deeper issue than an occasional disagreement on an internet forum, obnoxious as they can be, to cause you to depart.

02-Jan-19
I thought I read somewhere he was a bullrider? Those guys don’t never stay down and I wouldn’t expect it from John neither.

02-Jan-19
You are just fine and a good read.

Keep the Faith

Good luck, Robb

02-Jan-19
I used to enjoy John's threads, as they were informative, funny, and had a place here. I thought it was cool that he was a known celebrity, an ambassador of all hunters, and seemed like a down to earth guy. As time went on though, I feel he started thumping his chest a little too much...pointing out all his awards, accolades, and and celebrity connections. It was so much "LOOK AT ME!!", and when you disagreed with him, he made it a point to tell you how dumb you are. Obviously peons like us could not know the things he did, and our insights were misguided. Where he completely lost me was his "Missing Peg" thread. Anyone who willingly rigs a stand to hurt, maim, or kill anyone has no place among us. I can ignore people like John...i've perfected that art throughout my life. I tend to gravitate towards folks who are humble, not boastful. Just some food for thought, for those of you annointing John's feet and lamenting what a great loss he would be. I dare any of you to find a Meatpole, Succesful hunt, or a Kids' first kill thread....scroll down through the list of contributors to that thread, and see if you find ol' Bowriter. Where his celebrity status, his contributions to bowhunting, and his congratulations would mean the most, they are non-existent. Guess its too hard to shake someones hand when you're too busy patting your own back. Good luck to you and all your future endeavors, John. The old you will be missed...the current you...not so much. Happy New Year!

02-Jan-19
Scar/Shug- I was referring to the OP not HDE.

Thread is titled...."Going to make your new year". John leaving the site does not make my year. Thats all. There are some on here who I would be bummed to see leave as I have learned a lot from their threads. I have learned some stuff from Johns threads too and actually am not bothered by his posts as others are. No offense meant. Its all good boys!

Best to everyone in 2019 :)

02-Jan-19
^^^^THIS^^^^ PAbowhunter1064 NAILED it in my opinion.

02-Jan-19
PAbowhunter1064 did nail it! And SBH your response to Scar Finga speaks highly of your character. "John has done more for archery than you will ever do for anything! Ever!" is quite possibly the most idiotic statement I have read on bowsite since TBM's departure!

02-Jan-19
Yep- he nailed it alright!

I doubt very highly this was intended to be a good-bye post. I chalked it up to just another of Bullwriter's attempts to get more attention and adulation.......................................................and to get guys to beg him to stick around, and thus boost his ego. ;-)

02-Jan-19
I agreed with some of your stuff, and some I didn't. When I posted my thoughts in disagreement, I hope I wasn't disrespectful. If I was, I am sorry and I wish you well. Nice bluegill!

02-Jan-19
Beav,

You are right, I was having a really bad day, was a Shizzy mood, and spouted off. I sent SBH a PM saying that very thing with an apology for being an Arse.

Have a great day!

Scar

02-Jan-19
If you leave they win. Who gives a rats azz what some dipchit behind a keyboard types? Keep posting, I find your contributions entertaining and informative.

02-Jan-19
I’m probably wrong on this, but I think I recall a thread not too far back where BW threatened to stop deer hunting too? If I’m correct, that didn’t last too long either. Anybody else remember that one? Just saying...

02-Jan-19
Glad to hear it Scar Finga! Seemed out of character for you. Have a great day!

02-Jan-19
PAbowhunter is SPOT ON! Exactly my thoughts

02-Jan-19
bummer I am going to miss trying to guess which bow writer posted

the one who says something thought provoking,

or

the one who posted something without thinking.

oz

02-Jan-19
Thanks Beav, and you as well.

I was on a tirade the other day, and had to eat crow a few times. I prefer my crow BBQ'd, not raw and stinky LOL

02-Jan-19
“Takes a bit of a God complex if you think anything I say or you say will significantly impact how any of us hunt, vote, worship. manage money,treat our spouses and kids etc.”..............somebody said this on a thread the other day. Sorry, I don’t remember who wrote it, but it is so true.

02-Jan-19
Guys, leave him alone and let him go in peace. This is the self-inflicted fate of every narcissist and to try and stop it would only prolong the agony for Bowriter. He must find new underlings to bestow his vast knowledge on as he's done all he can do here.

02-Jan-19
PABowhunter x 114....

I have a BIL who shares the same personality traits. I enjoy conversations where both folks in the discussion are respected for having a brain and some knowledge. Hard to like folks who are sure they are the smartest people in the room (or forum). Fortunately, my BIL lives in Ga....

This^^^South Farm...drop the mike...

Happy New Year! To you, as well John! Thanks for the contributions...

03-Jan-19
News flash.... He isn't going away. This is simply a last ditch effort for more attention. The fact he posted this nonsense should be enough of a sign for all of you begging him to come back. Trust me we have not seen the last of bowriter so put to rest ya'll's worries.

The driveway's too long, the stack of trophy's are too large, the list of accolades is long, the numerous list of celebrity acquaintances are too large for bowriter to go away based on a hog thread.

Looking forward to your next thread bowriter. Happy New Year!

03-Jan-19
I wonder how any of us will act once we get older? Especially if we out live most of our friends and family?

03-Jan-19
^^^ What he said^^^^

03-Jan-19
If memory serves me right, the venerable TurkeyBowMaster threatened to leave the site somewhere between 5-20 times on his own accord. I'm sure Bowriter will be with us in the future...

03-Jan-19
I'm sure he'll show back up as soon as TN passes some sort of hunting regulation that he doesn't agree with.

03-Jan-19
Good luck if you do leave bowriter. You’re not PC enough for half of the bowsiters of today . You are right, what did that stupid Markle thread get about 300 hits ? I didn’t even click on it after one look but these guys eat that kind of stuff up. If I were you I would be thinking.....KMA lightweights and post up! Maybe you should take up yoga and watch The Ellen Show ....that way you would be one of the guys. lol C YA later Amigo

03-Jan-19
Big clue in his post above. I think he is going "fishing" for people to beg him not to go, to stroke his ego.

03-Jan-19
We should have a musical theme for this thread I'm thinking some violin music, something Theatrical, just staying.

03-Jan-19

Bill Obeid's embedded Photo
Go Ahead.... Make my New Year !
Bill Obeid's embedded Photo
Go Ahead.... Make my New Year !

03-Jan-19
Only theatrical thing I could come up with. Maybe the theme to Dirty Harry

03-Jan-19
Nice going guys. You ran him off before he could update us on the mysterious hog disease that causes blindness when you touch them. Now what we gonna do?

03-Jan-19
BINGO! JohnMC!

I can't believe there are so many in here who "can't see the forest for the trees"! ;-)

04-Jan-19
I've always liked John and still do. I used to watch him on Saturday nights on the "Tennessee Outdoorsman" a LONG time ago when that and magazines like Outdoor Life were the main ways to gain knowledge about the outdoors other than the school of hard knocks. I've learned a lot on this site over the years mainly with regards to Western big game hunting and I appreciate that for sure. I don't post on here much due to the fact that there are quite a few internet experts that are always willing to insert their opinions usually at the expense of others. Life is too short. Grow up and move on.

04-Jan-19

drycreek's embedded Photo
drycreek's embedded Photo

05-Jan-19
come on back john we know you are monitoring.

05-Jan-19
geesh get a life,,,,, this is only for entertainment,,,,, nothing should that be serious,,,,, I advise you, to go volunteer some time at childrens hospital, will add some purpose for you........................... way too serious

05-Jan-19
My 2nd post on bowsite was about rifles. At that time i didnt realize how much rifles werent appreciated on this site. Havent done that again. But I see the site as a wealth of knowledge and a tool to expand my hunting skills and hopefully successes. Let the haters hate.

• Sitka Gear