t-roy 19-Jan-19
Kev 19-Jan-19
elkstabber 21-Jan-19
midwest 21-Jan-19
ground hunter 21-Jan-19
Overland 21-Jan-19
Hunt98 22-Jan-19
18-Jan-19
Looking to buy quite a few lifelines. Open to suggestions on the best suppliers, prices, etc. Thanks.

18-Jan-19
If your looking to buy as many as it sounds you might be better off building your own.

18-Jan-19
If you just need quality rope, ask rock climbers for their retired ropes. They will still be able to hold a few thousand pounds. Your local climbing gym may be willing to give you their older ropes (some won't due to liability) or you could ask for retired ropes on mountainproject.com. Use the For Sale forum and offer a few bucks per rope, as well as offering to pay shipping. Each rope will likely be 60m, long enough for many lines.

18-Jan-19
There have been other threads on here about making your own lifelines. I believe the that the guys that looked into making their own, determined that, if you catch them on sale, you can’t make them as cheap as you can buy them. I would think there are, or will be soon, some sales on them. I’ve bought 3-pack bundles of them pretty cheaply.

18-Jan-19
For less than $20 on sale, season close out, no you can't make them that cheap.

18-Jan-19
Check with Field and Stream website. They had a flash sale last fall and I believe I paid around $20 per life line. Worked good.

19-Jan-19
If you buy millennium tree stands they come with a 35 footer. If you look on amazon I think you can buy 1/2 inch double braided nylon in bulk and make them as cheap unless you can get them on sale. Then again, full price is always a great deal for what they do.

19-Jan-19
Cabelas has a hunters safety system 3 pack for $99. I found that same three pack on amazon for $80 a while back.

19-Jan-19
On this note...not to hijack, I know that treestand manufactures started including safety harnesses with stands. A fella really only needs one harness, and most people don’t use that harness. I think it would be much more beneficial for a lifeline to be included with stands. You need one of those for each stand.

19-Jan-19
I tried the "made my own" lifeline. When the stand gave away, so did l. My prussic knot failed & down l went! Twenty feet. Broke my leg & back. Phone in the truck & so l tried to drag myself to the truck 60 yards away. I made it 40 so l laid out there 22 hours. This was 5 months ago. I made every mistake in the book & paid for it. Anyway, God is good and the hang on stands & climbing sticks will be sold. I am buying ladder stands.

19-Jan-19
Good to hear you’re on the mend, Kev! Why did your knot fail? Improperly tied, broke?

19-Jan-19
Not sure I'll ever know but I think my knot simply failed

21-Jan-19
I found great life lines on safetreehunt.com. But I'm not sure that he's still making them.

21-Jan-19
Dang, Kev....glad you're still walking!

21-Jan-19
like 1boonr, I bought a Millenium M7 and it came with the stand... I do not use it, but it is made very well, and I think a heck of a deal.... I gave it to a friend who uses ladder stands

21-Jan-19
$29 each is ridiculous! And that's cotton-core rope, which is not strong at all especially after being left out in the sun. Really, offer climbers a few dollars for their old ropes and make your own. They will be significantly higher quality, stronger, and much cheaper.

22-Jan-19
I’ve been paying $17.99 each on sale and free delivery.

• Sitka Gear