ahunter76 21-Jan-19
20-Jan-19

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Been there.

20-Jan-19
Definitely

20-Jan-19
I love the squirrels. I stillhunt, and if they are around me and unalarmed it means that I'm doing it right. That, and the noise they make in a fall woods helps cover any sound I may make.

20-Jan-19
I never took a whack at a squirrel while sitting in a deer stand, and I don’t think I ever shot at one with a compound...

But I’ve shot at a LOT of them (and have killed a reputable percentage of them) while sneaking around with my Recurves....

20-Jan-19
I took 7 shots at squirrels this year, brought home 6... so far.

20-Jan-19
Good pic. I used to pin a few squirrels, but don’t any more. Probably cost me a deer or two.

20-Jan-19
Went three for three on a bear bait one time lol deer like others I sit and wait

20-Jan-19

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Rifle kill, but that’s about the size they sound like, especially when they’re behind you.

Also, how’s come 2 squirrels can play grab ass, running up and down a shagbark hickory, sounding like they’re dragging a logchain, and the deer don’t even give them a second look, but I can shift my foot ever so slightly, and they go on red alert?

20-Jan-19
Uh.....maybe because they have to LIVE in the same house all year with the little "illegitimates" so they ignore them? ;-)

20-Jan-19
Speaking of squirrels........

20-Jan-19
Out west we have those little Douglas squirrels. Once they find you in their tree they start this endless chatter and drop junk on you. I was in camp and had two different pine cones dropped from A hundred feet up by those varmits.

21-Jan-19
Squirrels are easy.

.. . .. ..

.. . . .

Try drawing your bow on a chipmunk in range.

21-Jan-19
I can usually resist the squirrels but I just can't help myself with woodchucks.

21-Jan-19
Not with the cost of arrows and broadheads. Then again I could carry a old arrow and a judo point.

21-Jan-19
I hate those eastern grey squirrels ! Nobody believes me but one day I was out in my yard working. Every 20 minutes or so I saw a squirrel come around the side of my garage and just look at me then run back. The fourth time I walked around the far side of the house and snuck to the garage main door that was open. There were 2 grey squirrels loading up on bird seed. They saw me ran around in circles then finally out the door. I believe that other one was standing 6 but I fooled him. I bet he got a good beating later .

21-Jan-19
only a Yote when Deer hunting. Everything else is safe.

• Sitka Gear