White Falcon 03-Feb-19
Fields 03-Feb-19
Shug 03-Feb-19
molsonarcher 03-Feb-19
Fields 03-Feb-19
molsonarcher 03-Feb-19
molsonarcher 04-Feb-19
03-Feb-19
Looking to buy some fresh(this year) sheds for training my new lab pup. Any suggestions on a place to buy them would be appreciated. Don’t really want to go the eBay route because I’m not sure how fresh they would be.

03-Feb-19
Check out processors or taxidermy shops.

03-Feb-19
Maybe there's a legit reason, but why not try to find them on your own. That' s as fresh as you can get. Take the dog for a hike, walk around your deer spots. Of course, some states and areas are better shed hunting spots than others, so don't take offense to my response. I know I can walk for miles, and hours and hours and find none...

03-Feb-19
Antlers unlimited Ennis Montana or ebay

03-Feb-19
Fields, we do shed hunt every year. I’m just looking for an advantage before hitting the fields next month with a fresh, inexperienced dog. She is already working great by sight with the old ones we have, but wanted to get some with fresher scent to incorporate into the training.

03-Feb-19
moisonarcher, I understand.. I didn't want my response to come off as smart assed, so hope you don't take it like that.. One question, does buying a fresh shed that has been handled by who knows how many people have any negative effect on the dog and training? Good luck with the new dog..

03-Feb-19
Fields, no offense taken. I’m also unsure of the answer to your question about handling. I’ve been told by another shed dog trainer to put the fresh sheds in the dishwasher with no detergent to remove unnatural and human scent. This is the first dog I have attempted this with, so am learning as I go.

03-Feb-19

Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo
Found This past Saturday.
Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo
Found This past Saturday.
Found two Saturday, one still had blood on it. Both were right in the middle of my food plot. Might want to try plots right now if you have access to any.

My yellow lab, not with us any more, found our biggest shed at just two years of age while walking in the woods for fun. Seemed to know what I was looking for.

04-Feb-19
Habitat that is great. I’m hoping my lab will catch on quick. No food plots here, just lots of ag fields. I still find most sheds in bedding areas. I always seem to find one or two I missed from the year prior no matter how many times I look.

• Sitka Gear