Medicinemann 06-Feb-19
Medicinemann 06-Feb-19
Zbone 06-Feb-19
ND String Puller 06-Feb-19
Nick Muche 06-Feb-19
elkstabber 06-Feb-19
Hawkeye 06-Feb-19
06-Feb-19
While I do not feel the need to explain myself to every non-hunter in the universe, there are times when there is more to be gained by presenting a logical, well thought out response rather than resort to raised voices and/or name calling. Emotional responses do not tend to convince people as effectively as a steady drumbeat of science and fact. I just happened upon an article in the 01/31/2019 Forbes that shared a recent interview with Jim Shockey. I picked one or two arrows of "ammunition" that I will store away for future discussions with open minded people that may wonder why I hunt. If you are the type that likes to be armed with as many facts (or persuasive perceptions) as possible, I suggest that you check it out.

06-Feb-19

Medicinemann's Link

06-Feb-19
As for why I hunt, it's bred in me... Paraphrasing Too Short, because my eyes are set in front of my face, I am predator... But I get what he's saying, which is much like some of the other celebrity hunters out there and for the most part I like Shockey, and think his Unchartered cinematography is the best out there, but disagree with some of his views and promotions like arrowguns, high fencing, xbows, etc... I view him much like a professional sports celebrity athlete, or actor, etc., but just because he says it doesn't make it bible and don't need some celebrity telling me how to think, or jump in under the big tent hunters shelter... Think of this, he's one of the "pay to hunt" people (makes a lucrative living at it) and pay to hunt will eventually be the demise of hunting as I've known it... It won't be the antis, it'll be ourselves... It'll be greed and the pay to hunt folks to where only the wealthy can afford, just ask the Europeans...

06-Feb-19
Thanks for sharing that Jake. It never hurts to have ammo for the anti’s.

06-Feb-19
So eloquently put, I enjoyed that as I do most all of his work. Thanks for sharing!

06-Feb-19
Haha! When you ask Jim Shockey a question you'd better be ready to hear his answer. He's one of our greatest advocates.

06-Feb-19
Thanks for sharing Jake. I agree with you.

• Sitka Gear