Glunker 26-Feb-19
Ollie 26-Feb-19
B19 26-Feb-19
Matt Palmquist 26-Feb-19
Shug 26-Feb-19
Bowboy 26-Feb-19
Elkoholic 26-Feb-19
26-Feb-19
Working on planning a bowhunting banquet in a little over a year from now. Wondering who some of the more entertaining speakers are that you guys have heard?

26-Feb-19
I thought Lou Phillipe (Jaquomo), did a stand up job at KBA in 2018 or 17'. Informative and a bit of humor.

26-Feb-19
I help run The UBNJ dinner and was often responsible for finding speakers...Fred Eichler was great Gene Wensel was great as well. Monty Browning was very good but be sure he knows the time frame allowed. And not sucking up put Pat from here was actually pretty good as well.

26-Feb-19
My most memorable speaker was Joe Engle, the Apollo astronaut who was a friend of Fred Bear and a bowhunter. He spoke at a Colorado Bowhunter's Banquet...a long time ago. Keep an open mind on who could be a good speaker. Engle talked more about space than bowhunting as I remember and kept us (me at least) spell bound.

26-Feb-19
Personally, I never tire of hearing M.R. James speak. The man captivates crowds every bit as well as he captivates readers....which is saying something.

26-Feb-19
Wow, thanks Rick! I think I was still a little hungover from you guys from the night before!

Among the "famous" bowhunters, Fred Eichler does a great job, as does Trevon Stolzfus. Fred Asbell will put the entire room to sleep in minutes.

26-Feb-19
Lou, that was Sito and Palmquist's fault. :)

As far as "famous", I just listened to a VERY well known bow hunter speak at a banquet last month and he actually did put people to sleep. Great guy to converse with albeit. I leave his name out of the mud. Some folks don't have good delivery or presentation, some are naturals.

26-Feb-19
Best I have heard was Fred Eichler and Larry D. Jones. Both had interesting info and were really funny...a good mix that made them enjoyable to the entire audience.

26-Feb-19
Berry and Gene Wensel were the most enteraining I ever heard

26-Feb-19
Tom Hoffman

26-Feb-19
I heard John Sloan many years ago in MI and he was excellent.

26-Feb-19
I certainly don't want to dwell on the negative here, but.....Monty Browning spoke at a Colorado Bowhunters Assoc banquet several years ago. He was allotted 45 minutes, plus or minus. He spoke for 90.

Lou has spoken at our local club's banquet here in northern Colorado 2 or 3 times. He doesn't have to drive far, maybe 30 minutes. (So we don't have to pay travel expenses.) Funny, informative, relates well to the audience. If it was up to me, he would be the #1 choice every year. He doesn't go for 90 minutes. He probably could, but he knows his place.

There are few personal traits I value more than a good sense of humor. Did I mention he was funny?

26-Feb-19
Dwight Shue and Larry Jones...Tom was really good also!

26-Feb-19
X2 Joe Engle, the Apollo astronaut that Kurt mentioned great speaker and really great slide presentation of space shots. Fred Eichler and the Wensel brothers where also excellent

26-Feb-19
I have heard E. Don Thomas, Tom Hoffman, Eichler and was very entertained. Miranda was good, Adams pretty good. Heard Mitton was good but could not attend.

26-Feb-19
Forgot Rod White, definitely worth considering.

26-Feb-19
One additional consideration, some speakers will require a fee of several thousand dollars and up while others will only ask to be reimbursed for their travel/hotel/meal costs.

26-Feb-19
Thanks for all these names guys. Much appreciated. Looking forward to seeing who we come up with.

26-Feb-19
How much do you want to or can you, spend?

26-Feb-19
B19 I’ll do it just forward my pay to clay Lancaster... thanks

26-Feb-19
Tom Nelson is a good speaker.

26-Feb-19
The most useful advice I have ever heard came out of a super interesting talk from Larry D Jones. He was talking about how he became more successful as he got older and had to slow down and that was his advice “Slow down” . He is a very good and interesting speaker.

• Sitka Gear