Oryx35 26-Feb-19
backcountrymuzzy 27-Feb-19
Nick Muche 27-Feb-19
kota-man 27-Feb-19
320 bull 28-Feb-19
Scrappy 28-Feb-19
dirtclod Az. 28-Feb-19
26-Feb-19
I have been through a bunch of different boots over the years. Some good some bad. This season I bought some Cabelas Meindl Perfekt Hikers. I have a lot of miles on them so far and really like them. I’m hoping to get the best life out of them.

I live in New Mexico so it can be super dusty and dry or you can get poored on every day. So far they have kept my feet dry.

I won’t put them on again until spring turkey in April.

What kind of care do you guys take with your boots? Do you put anything on them to treat the leather? Right now all I have been doing is wiping them down after my hunts with a lightly damp clothe to remove dust and dirt. Someone told me once that the dirt and that stuff is actually what breaks the gortex down and causes the boot to leak. Thanks.

26-Feb-19
I scrub my Kenetrek mountain extreme's with soapy water, they take a beating with pheasant hunting especially with cattails and what not. I then take kenetrek's waterproofing wax and give them a thorough rub-down. My uncle's on his same pair that have lasted 4 years of literal every-day pheasant hunting in the fall.

26-Feb-19
Good coat of Vaseline.

26-Feb-19
I have the same boot and am on my 3rd or 4 pair . I use Nikwax boot wash they call "footwear cleaning gel".. I take the shoe laces out take them over to my utility sink and clean them up with that and a tooth brush. Then why their still wet I rub Nikwax waterproof wax. .. I'm surprised on how clean the cleaner gets them.

26-Feb-19
Matt, I have a couple pair of Meindls and love them...after each elk hunt, I wipe them down, let them dry out good and go over them with mink oil. It softens the leather, and assists in water resistance. Hope this helps.

Mike

26-Feb-19
Thanks for the advise fellas. I appreciate it.

26-Feb-19
Finey, I'm also in New Mexico and on my second pair of Meindl's. Spent close to 8 years in the first pair and wore the tread completely off them. I wipe them off after major trips and coat with Obenaufs Heavy Duty LP. It'll darken the leather, but it works well.

27-Feb-19
x2 on the Obenaufs Heavy Duty LP. I apply that a few times a year or before each major hunt and have never had leaky boots. Keeps the leather lookin nice too

27-Feb-19
Clean them and coat them regularly throughout the year with Grangers G Wax or similar.

27-Feb-19
Same as Nick...Clean them and smear them down with Grangers Paste.

28-Feb-19
I tried the Obenhaufs this year on my Miendles and loved it however a trusted source in camp told me that the Obenhaufs should not be used with a boot that has a rind as it will lead to separation. I have not seen it has anyone else? I really liked the stuff and was thinking I would continue using it.

28-Feb-19
Has anyone used the Grangers G Wax on crispi boots over an extended period of time? This is my first pair of high end boots and I don't want to mess them up.

28-Feb-19
Coat them with Filson Wax.

• Sitka Gear