Kodiak 28-Feb-19
Mertyman 28-Feb-19
Ironbow-cell 28-Feb-19
Bou'bound 02-Mar-19
Buffalo1 02-Mar-19
26-Feb-19

Mertyman's embedded Photo
Mertyman's embedded Photo
I was recently gifted some old archery related items; some old equipment, a recurve, a few issues of Bowhunter magazine from the 1970s and the framed picture below of the legend himself. I'm wondering if anyone knows if the autograph is authentic, or just a reproduction print? The 86 under his name is what has me curious as to the authenticity, as I know he made an appearance at the local archery range/club around that time. Any thoughts?

26-Feb-19

Buffalo1's embedded Photo
I watched him sign my banquet ticket and then shake my hand as he was returning my banquet ticket to me.

You be the judge of the authenticity of your autograph.

26-Feb-19

Autograph from internet images of FB’s autograph.

26-Feb-19
Let me rephrase the question. In my research I'm confident it's his autograph. I'm just wondering if it's an original (signed individually) autograph, or a reproduction (print) of his autograph? Where he signed one and a publisher reprinted that picture with his signature (like they do with movie or music posters)?

26-Feb-19
Hold it up to the light . See if you can see ink on top of the photo’s surface

26-Feb-19
Mertyman - Have seen that print before, I think it's a reproduction...

27-Feb-19
That is the picture he would sign at venues he was at. I have the same picture from 1983 when he was in St. Cloud Minnesota that he signed for me. I don't think they would make copies with a date on them?

27-Feb-19

Kodiak  's embedded Photo
Kodiak  's embedded Photo
The photo is on the 1983 catalog.

My 'guess' is that it's a real signature. No real help here.

27-Feb-19
Take a magnifying glass and see if it is written. You should be able to see over lapping ink lines. If it is a print you won't.

27-Feb-19
Let' be honest, it's not Tom Brady's autograph. I would find it unlikely anyone would reproduce his signature in mass quantities. My money is on it being the real deal. Very cool possession to have!

27-Feb-19
If you have an upcoming trip to Vegas, there is a little pawn shop out there that might be able to help authenticate for you;).

28-Feb-19

BOBSTER's embedded Photo
BOBSTER's embedded Photo
It looks like it to me. He signed this one for me at a Shot Show in Houston back in 1986. Bob

28-Feb-19
Who is Tom Brady and does he shoot wheels or trad ?

28-Feb-19
Very nice Bob. Really cool.

28-Feb-19
Thanks guys!

28-Feb-19
Fred signed a LH takedown handle for me at P&Y in Tulsa in 1987. I handed it to him, he held it out and said it felt better than his bow. Said something about keeping it. Then he slipped it under his arm and started talking to other people. I stood there dumb founded and Fred was watching me out of the corner of his eye. I finally managed to blurt out something about I would trade him for his bow. Fred started laughing so much his shoulders were shaking. He whipped out some sandpaper, scuffed the handle and signed it. Told me to shoot some lacquer over it when I got home and smiled and handed it back to me with a big smile.

I will never forget that day.

02-Mar-19
Neat story.

02-Mar-19
Priceless story there Ironbow

• Sitka Gear