hunting dad 10-Mar-19
StickFlicker 10-Mar-19
Kurt 11-Mar-19
Boreal 11-Mar-19
07-Mar-19

StickFlicker's embedded Photo

StickFlicker's Link
The newest (6th Edition) of the Bowhunting in Arizona Record Book was just released! It contains all of the records entered through July 31, 2018, including about a half-dozen new State Records. At just over 400 pages, it's 50 pages thicker than the previous book. And although it's been eight years since the last one was printed, it’s the same price that the 5th Edition sold for when it was released (only $25 Standard Edition - $35 Collector's Edition - with free shipping!). In addition to the records, there are numerous photographs, artwork and stories contributed by many well-known Arizona bowhunters and guides. Just a few of the stories include "Stalking Mule Deer" by the master himself, Randy Ulmer, "12 Glassing Secrets" by glassing guru, Duwayne Adams, "Tips for Field Judging Elk" by well-known guide and podcaster, Jay Scott, a three part series of articles by renowned Arizona game biologist and writer, Jim Heffelfinger, and many others. There are also charts showing the times of day the animals are taken, the shot distances and hunting methods used for each species (summarizing the record data).

For the non-residents that are tired of not getting drawn in Arizona each year because they don't know of any other places to apply but the most popular “top-tier” units, it's a great resource. Each animal entered lists the unit where it was taken (units are much smaller areas and more specific than the counties listed in Pope & Young and Boone & Crockett which might contain a number of hunt units). There's even a table in the back that gives a breakdown of how many record book entries have come from each hunt unit, on a species by species basis. Use it to find alternative areas to apply for those that are tired of getting rejected year after year because they can't seem to catch the point creep for the most popular units. Although I think just that table is worth the $25 price, getting a beautiful hardcover book with dust jacket that contains all that additional useful intel, seems like a no brainer! I was the editor, so maybe I'm biased...but I really do think it's a very useful book to the NR bowhunter. Order yours now at the link provided.

07-Mar-19
Ordered mine. Who chose the cover? Ed F

07-Mar-19
I've got the first edition, 150 pages, edited by Tom Dalrymple, 1980...cost $8.50. Might have to update.

07-Mar-19
Ed, actually there were a number of sample covers of various animals and that one received the most online votes. I actually kind of wish it wasn't that one, and it wasn't the one I voted for.

08-Mar-19
Thanks for the heads-up, I enjoy those type of publications.

Good luck, Robb

08-Mar-19
"Thanks for the heads-up"...no pun intended.. )

08-Mar-19
Ordered. Thanks for the heads up and all the work you do. Someday I am going to have a bunch of resident points there and it can’t happen soon enough!

08-Mar-19

Photo Courtesy of William Allard Wildlife.
Photo Courtesy of William Allard Wildlife.
Kurt, it's almost three times that size now, and all of the photos illustrating it are in full color, including several from our own Bill Allard (BB). Hopefully you'll decide to order it and update your collection.

08-Mar-19
Mine already shows shipped. That’s good service!

08-Mar-19
Mine is due to arrive today

10-Mar-19
Marvin, I assume there will be some available at the banquet march 16th?

10-Mar-19
Yes, Kevin. We'll have them available there. Your son bought one last weekend at the 3D shoot at Ben Avery.

11-Mar-19
Marvin, We just ordered the book...sending it to Washington State to save you some postage. Kurt

11-Mar-19
Just ordered mine. Look forward to getting it and planning my hunt in January.

• Sitka Gear