Jaquomo 22-Mar-19
Franklin 22-Mar-19
midwest 23-Mar-19
Matt 23-Mar-19
leftee 23-Mar-19
Gerald Martin 23-Mar-19
21-Mar-19

Jaquomo's Link
Another damn Trump appointee screwing with our public lands. Tragic.

21-Mar-19
Its great news and, no surprise to anyone who is intelligent enough to know the letter behind a politicians name doesn't define where they stand on protecting public land.

21-Mar-19
Acting Interior Secretary David Bernhardt ordered Thursday that federal land managers consider public access when selling or trading public land.

“This order will help ensure that the Bureau of Land Management [BLM] considers public access to public lands,” Bernhardt said in a statement.

“It requires that before the BLM exchanges or disposes of any land, they must first consider what impact the disposal or exchange of land will have on public access. The Trump Administration will continue to prioritize access so that people can hunt, fish, camp, and recreate on our public lands," he said.

This order will address concerns that some federal and state land is inaccessible without crossing privately owned territory, according to The Associated Press.

The move was praised by some conservationists.

“In some places, there are small parcels of BLM land that serve as the only means of nearby access to hunting and fishing or as the only access points to adjoining public lands managed by other agencies," Whit Fosburgh, head of the Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership, said Thursday.

"The Secretarial Order will ensure that key parcels are valued for this recreational access and help keep these lands in the public’s hands.”

21-Mar-19
What am I missing? All I read is that if any land is sold, ensuring that public access remains is important (e.g. not selling a 40 acre parcel that provides access to a bigger parcel of public).

Maybe vote for democrats, then everything will be hugs and roses...

21-Mar-19
I'm still confused how a lobbyist for private industry could be for protecting Public access.

21-Mar-19
Smarba, my tongue was planted firmly in cheek.

21-Mar-19

Trial153's Link

21-Mar-19

Trial153's Link

21-Mar-19
"The Hill".....come on....that is as bad as the Daily Beast.

21-Mar-19
Franklin, read Trial's other links. The Hill just reported it. I don't see anything on this from CNN or Politico, likely because it shows a Trump official doing something good.

The BLM sold off the access to both my honeyhole elk spots during the Clinton administration. Sure wish this order had been in place back then.

21-Mar-19
Jaquomo, thanks for the clarification!

21-Mar-19
who cares if the Hill reported it? Stop being a hack and read the article. think for yourself instead of having knee jerk partisan reactions.

This order( wish it was a law, however it better then nothing) is something that been lobbied for by a wide range of conservation organizations for some time. I would think its something that most sportsman can get behind regardless of your political leanings.

21-Mar-19
2019 and we need an Order for what should be common sense.

21-Mar-19
you got that right Bob, its amazing where we have ended up.

21-Mar-19
Hopefully this helps with future access issues and I’m so glad to see this administration standing up for public lands. If we don’t stand for something we’ll fall for anything.

22-Mar-19
Ironic, the mission of BHA was just fulfilled by a republican administration.

22-Mar-19
Those bastards! ;-)

22-Mar-19
To be fair, BHA was just about the only so-called "conservation group" that wasn't apoplectic when Bernhardt was nominated. Tawney's statement at the time was pretty fair-minded. Most of the rest couldn't invent enough adjectives to condemn him..

22-Mar-19
Can't believe they'd actually do something good for the average American...shame...

22-Mar-19
Then try posting the article from a more reliable media outlet. The "Hill" is not a well respected news outlet.

I responded to the OP....not Trial`s link. It`s not Trial`s thread....so if that makes me a "hack" so be it.

22-Mar-19
Franklin, Trial posted the link to the ID's official order. IT IS EXACTLY AS REPORTED BY THE HILL. Click and read. Surely you can do that.

I would have posted the link to one of your outlets like Politico, MSNBC, Buzzfeed, or whatever you leftists listen to in your echo chambers, but they have been strangely silent on this important issue. The Hill reported it first and quoted the order accurately, as written. Good Lord. There is such a thing as the Google. Use it.

22-Mar-19
You really think I`m a leftist.....LMAO

Call me silly but if I wanted to read "links" I would do it myself. I come to Bowsite to interact with HUMANS who have personal opinions with command and knowledge of the subject matter.

Why come to Bowsite….I could just read bout bowhunting in magazines or books.

Like I said.....why would I read Trial`s link when it`s not his thread. I click on your threads because I like what you have to say and value YOUR opinion. I usually don`t need to Google to educate myself.

22-Mar-19
The Hill broke the story first as soon as the DOI order was issued, and quoted the entire release verbatim. Before you even posted, Smarba cut and pasted the text for those who don't know how to click and read for themselves. Do you even read threads before you post?

Who told you The Hill is not a respected news source? Not respected by whom? Get over it.

22-Mar-19
Gee Jaq why you so insecure and thin skinned? I knocked The Hill and you act like I called your mommy a name....lol. Some of you guys act like junior high school girls.

22-Mar-19
From Franklin: "Then try posting the article from a more reliable media outlet. The "Hill" is not a well respected news outlet. I responded to the OP....not Trial`s link. It`s not Trial`s thread....so if that makes me a "hack" so be it."

You knocked me and my cred, Franklin. That's the problem. This was a good thread about a great thing until someone stupidly attacked the source, then couldn't let it go.

Let it go. It's past your bedtime and you need all your energy for soccer practice tomorrow.

22-Mar-19
What cred....I knocked "The Hill", I didn`t say jack about you or your post.

Maybe YOU guys should start reading a post before overreacting. Sorry I hurt you guy`s feelings by knocking the media outlet "The Hill". I will take your sensitivities into account on all my future posts....lmao

23-Mar-19
Franklin, What does "The Hill" have to do with the order or this thread? It wasn't an opinion piece so why even bring it up?

23-Mar-19
"Click and read. Surely you can do that."

You know what happens when you make assumptions?

23-Mar-19
Great! Thanks Jaquomo and Trial.

23-Mar-19
Whether it's the Onion or the Wall Street Journal or the New York Times reporting a story that is beneficial to us as hunters it should be seen as a good thing. Kudos to Bernhardt for giving a good order. Hopefully, it's not a false flag and is a sign of beneficial decisions for wildlife and hunters.

• Sitka Gear