Mike Ukrainetz 28-Mar-19
Surfbow 28-Mar-19
Bob H in NH 28-Mar-19
Mike Ukrainetz 28-Mar-19
Bob H in NH 29-Mar-19
APauls 29-Mar-19
Mike Ukrainetz 29-Mar-19
28-Mar-19
Hey bowsiters, I was wondering if there is anyone out there who has a tech company that can help me maintain my website, do updates of pictures, text, put out a 3-4 times a year newsletter, that sort of thing? We could do it for trade in hunts, or extra hunt privileges or for just plain old money. Someone who hunts is best I've found, they are better at editing pictures, knows the difference between an elk and a deer, understands why I don't want an antler cut off in a picture, understands why text is a certain way etc. Plus I would rather support a fellow hunter and I don't have to deal with any possible anti-hunter bias coming from some of these tech companies. A smaller company so I can get some personalized service but not a one man show who goes on holiday or gets hit by a bus and then suddenly I can't get anything done, would like a backup employee or two. Someone who is up on the latest social media platforms would be great too, instagram, facebook etc. I'll gladly pay a decent hourly rate, would rather pay more for good quality help! Thanks!!

28-Mar-19
Find a teenager that likes hunting and they can whip through that for you. I'd even off my help, but I truly think you'd be better off going younger, it's just cheaper.

28-Mar-19
Thanks APauls but my experience has been that it's actually some tedious, difficult technical work to maintain a proper website and not screw up a high ranking one like mine. Lots of people think because their nephew knows more than them about computers they can do anything. People that make a full time living at tech work vary greatly in skill, time efficiency, knowledge etc. I'm want someone who really knows their stuff, definitely not looking for the cheapest guy.

28-Mar-19
Mike, I know a guy, sent you a PM...

28-Mar-19
What technology is your site in now? There are ways to do it where most of what you describe can be done by you.

28-Mar-19
I'm techno challenged and definitely not wanting to do it myself. Most guys that do don't rank well on search engines and are constantly behind on updates.

29-Mar-19
Mike, my suggestion is use a language called Drupal. Or rather have someone build it that way. Then you can "upload" pictures and stories etc. and the system will "magically" put them in the right place etc. I build web sites internally for my company like this and the "owners" then do all the content, I only get involved when they need a new page, want things to look different etc. If they just want a new calendar event, picture, story they do it themselves.

29-Mar-19
OK Mike, sorry I totally misunderstood what you were looking for. Thought you were looking for simple swap out pics etc. Yes, websites properly built and maintained do their thing well. I know it seems like trying to pick a snowflake out of a snowstorm when choosing a company to do website stuff.

29-Mar-19
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the help. I’ve had a few private messages too. And it’s all people recommending other people, not tooting their own horn or jumping in to make money for themselves. Bowsite is such a great group who just want to help a fellow hunter out!

• Sitka Gear