mgmicky 18-Apr-19
Treeline 18-Apr-19
otcWill 18-Apr-19
Treeline 18-Apr-19
APauls 18-Apr-19
LC Archer 30-Apr-19
Nick Muche 30-Apr-19
08-Apr-19
Mowed the yard in mine this weekend. Moisture wick/thermo regulation I’m sure was off the charts although I couldn’t really tell.

Stretch/ full articulation really helped with those knee bends while walking/pushing. Couldn’t do a full test as I mulch and didn’t have to squat to unlock and remove the bag. But, if I had, no doubt these pants would have done something to help me do it better.

One things for sure, I looked way more boss and pro staff than I normally do during such mundane activities.

Have yet to compare them to Sitka in this department.

08-Apr-19
Yoga pants for men.

08-Apr-19
Depends on what you use them and these type of performance clothes for...if you are slugging to sit in a treestand likely not a great pant but if you are faced with the athleticism the west requires this stuff is great...

08-Apr-19
Attack pants are top notch. The Tiburons are also great. More breathability but less stretch. Wear them both in the office weekly and plan to hunt in them this fall.

08-Apr-19
Simply the best

08-Apr-19
I have attack pants on most days . Best pants for work that I have found. Man work that is ! Hunt

08-Apr-19
Love mine. I haven't really tried a lot of different brands, but these are way above anything else I've tried and going to tough to beat. I'm planning on buying another pair when the time comes.

08-Apr-19
I love them. I have 4 pairs of them. Very comfortable.

08-Apr-19
Best pant I have used. Love the zipper vents and the fit. BTW, the fit is perfect for us skinny guys. Low rise in the waist and long legs.

08-Apr-19
+1 Hunt...I pretty much have attack pants on every single day before and after work. I unfortunately do women's work during the day though so I have to dress accordingly! Ha! I really need to get a black pair.

08-Apr-19
Shaft2long, big question is how’s the fit in the crotchall region?

08-Apr-19
M.Pauls, let's just say "it's kind of a big deal", and "don't act like you're not impressed". :-)

08-Apr-19
I have 2 pair and never intended on using them for yard pants, but I love them for cooler weather hunting.

Guess "Extravagance" is a relative word !! I never knew what the rich folks wore when they did yard work. Now I know.

08-Apr-19
I must like them....8 pairs counting one donated to the nephew. Still have 3 pair of solid colors that are pre-side vent. They wear very well for me....but I learned early on to stay out of the black berries and cat claw with them.

08-Apr-19
Best hunting pant I've found, but are a bit warm for warm weather hunts.

08-Apr-19
Too hot? Your thermostats are still screwed up. I wear Attacks in 90 degrees and high humidity.... no problem. Best pants I own.....

They aren't engineered like most of the midwestern realmossy stuff..... the ones with the crotch down by your knees..... a more athletic fit..... like a jockstrap..... =D

08-Apr-19
M. Paul’s, the fit is good. I like pants kind of loose and these fit the way I like. Kuiu can’t make a 3xl shirt to save the seals but the pants have been perfect for me.

While I did actually wear the pants mowing the yard, the post was sarcastic. Seems that might have been lost in translation.

08-Apr-19
I have one pair of Attack pants and one pair of Sitka Ascents. I prefer the Sitka's due to the cargo pocket arrangement/size and quiet snaps rather than zippers. The snaps allow easier one handed operation. The fit is similar. The material of the Sitkas feels a little stretchier and thinner but seems to be holding up well. The material of the KUIU is a little heavier but starting to pill.

08-Apr-19
Sitka Ascent is my go to early season pant. I agree the pocket arrangement is a little better than in the Attack pants, but the Attack is still a solid option. For colder weather hunts I do switch over to the Attack.

08-Apr-19
midwest & Oryx x 2. Love my Sitka Ascents. My son prefers the Attacks, but they’re a little too warm for my liking.

08-Apr-19
Had both the attack and the ascent and tried the first lite this fall. Thier unreal!!!! Best pair I’ve worn in the mountains. Just added merino wool long under wear and performed great to 10 above and 18” of snow

08-Apr-19
2 pairs of Ascents and you can have them.

Attacks are the best hunting pant for Aug-Sept when the temp goes from 20-30 degrees 2 hrs before dawn to 60-70 during the day.

Scouting AZ last week, in 50 degree AM temps to 75 PM temps, I used my ultralight Columbia pants that air and thorns go right through. But you won’t see me hunting in them.

Kuiu in Medium fits me fantastically because I have neither husky ass, nor waist. If Kuiu doesn’t fit you, they won’t change their pant for you, but you can change your ass and waist if they don’t fit.

Lastly, the side vents are what make these pants the perfect elk/sheep hunting pant because you won’t be cold at 20, and won’t be hot at 60 with the slip of a zipper.

08-Apr-19
Attacks are excellent pants, I think I've worn mine through 4 seasons and going strong

09-Apr-19
I'd make you an offer on the Ascents, Ike, but don't think I could squeeze into a 28" waist. ;-)

09-Apr-19
The alpine pant was the best pant Kuiu made for September. Especially for you guys that find the attacks too warm. I wear attacks a lot in the winter but once September rolls around I wear my alpine pants!

09-Apr-19
I have one pair of attacks. They've hunted and been in on about as many kills as a pack of wolves in the 8 years I've had them. I've worn them for at least 80 days of hunting and scoutn per year since I've had them in weather ranging from 100°+ to below 0°. They're still going strong. I think I got my $'s worth.

09-Apr-19
What Will said! I have a pair from the first year they came out. No clue when that was. Wear em all the time. Still going strong.

09-Apr-19
KUIU has a large booth at P&Y Convention. They were busy stocking their booth. The guy there stopped working and asked me if these was anything in particular I was looking for? My response I was looking for some pants to wear when mowing my lawn. He quickly pulled a pair of Tubiron pants and said the people who had mowed in these pants all gave 5-Star review. He suggested the Verde pattern. If really hot, he suggested the Tubiron shorts in same pattern. Will probably place order before convention comes to a close.

09-Apr-19
The Attack pants are the perfect Sept Elk hunting pant, IMO. The hip vents are what really separate them from the other brands.

09-Apr-19
Kuiu Attack, Tiburon or Guide pant, they are the best! Absolutely love them all and I pay for them. I wear them from 100F to 0F. They are the best pants for the half ass athletic guy putting on the miles under a variety of conditions. The lighter the pant the more they wear out but you can't have a durable, heavy pant that is also perfect for hot weather.

10-Apr-19
The Attack pants aren't rain gear so not sure I understand the comparison with the Sitka Coudburst?

10-Apr-19
I'm not a fan of the guide pant personally. The fit is weird for me compared to their other pants and I've had issues with durability compared to my other Kuiu pants. Looking forward to checking out their booth in Omaha!

10-Apr-19
My only complaint with the Attack pants is that I have to have them hemmed. As I don't fit Kuiu's image of what a hunter should look like (I'm a 36x30). I'm built more like a baseball player than a marathon runner. Even if I lost the 20 lbs I need to lose, I'd still need a 34x30

I have one pair in brown that I wear a ton. The zipper vents put them way ahead of any other pant. I need a couple more pairs in brown to tell the truth

10-Apr-19
Not sure if I'll continue to purchase kuiu products. Bought quite a bit last yr. They're comfortable but they get snagged and threads coming out.

10-Apr-19
I think KUIU is offering a 15% discount at the P&Y Convention.

10-Apr-19
I know the post was sarcastic but either way they’re my favourite pant I’ve ever owned in any category. Straight up best pant out there.

I will say both 32’s and 34’s fit me well except the 32 make you pick which pant leg you’re gonna squish the stuff into.

10-Apr-19
Ohio, I think you're asking the wrong crowd. We all wear attack pants! :-)

10-Apr-19
Ohiohunter. . . . I don't think Kuiu have a "designer" fit, not nearly as much as the new Sitka stuff.

I do wear expensive jeans, but in the style of early 2000s. Loose leg. Boot cut.

I think I would spontaneously commit suicide if I put on a pair of tight leg, low hip, butt hugger jeans that are the style right now

10-Apr-19
I told my wife I got off the fashion train in the early 2000s when I got married. Loose jeans. Polo shirts. Boots or tennis shoes

I'm staying in the early 2000s, late '90s fashion wise :)

11-Apr-19

Brotsky's embedded Photo
Brotsky's embedded Photo
Just got done walking the dog in a blizzard in my attack pants. Now drinking coffee in my attack pants. Now I think I’ll wait for the power to go out again in my attack pants! Ha!

11-Apr-19
They've great travel pants as well. The stretch is awesome and pockets are in the right places and easy to use sitting in a plane. About 5x more comfortable than jeans for sure.

11-Apr-19
Who spends money on jeans? All my pants money went to Kuiu, or as a drunk guy in Hawaii yelled from a Jeep when he saw my t-shirt - Kaiyoueyeyou!!!! Wooooo!!

12-Apr-19
Must have been another flippin haole cruisin' around in a rent-a-jeep.....a Hawaiian would read it easy.... but pronounce it ku-E-u.... each vowel a syllable kind of thang... I know.... been dare...."eh bra, what's da kine, ku-E-u???" (to my knowledge there is no such Hawaiian word.... but that's how it would be pronounced if there were...)

Cultural minute, lesson of the day. =D

12-Apr-19
Gotta say ... I know they're not cheap, but my attack pants are the most comfortable pair of pants I've got. I'll be picking up a new pair this year, since I'm a new (smaller) size this year. I might just get two ... you know ... "just stimulating the economy".

12-Apr-19
Thanks for the lesson TD, too funny! As far as Attack pants and fit goes, they are at the top for me among the other varieties of synthetic pants I have (REI, Eddie Bauer, Wrangler). I have some of the ones pre side vents that are solid olive green. Great pants.

12-Apr-19
Hey TD, it was definitely not a hawaiian. I was careful to write "drunk guy in Hawaii" not drunk hawaiian lol. I t was so funny I had no idea what he was talking about until my wife made some comment about my t-shirt. Guy was literally just reading the letters lol. It was really funny at the time.

12-Apr-19
I like em so much I just picked up a pair, and a pair of tiburon at the convention for 15% off. My wife can’t resist a sale

12-Apr-19
God bless your wife, Bake.

12-Apr-19
Yesterday I clicked on this thread....today I am receiving ads for these pants in pop-ups on other websites. Don`t own any Kuiu clothing and never looked them up on any search engine. Weird???

12-Apr-19
Targeted ads. Big Brother keeps a close watch on you, Franklin.

16-Apr-19
Two attacks, one Tiburon. Wish I had them all in solids so I could wear them all the time. That said I wore Prana Zions the entire season last year. The Pit zips are awesome. I could care less about the pockets. I wear zions to work 2 to 3 times per week if not more.

16-Apr-19
I wear Prana Brion pants almost everyday. They’re super quick drying, pretty tough against tears/snags, and just enough stretch to them.

16-Apr-19
Another Fan of the Prana too for everyday wear. Have a couple pair and they are about $40-$45 less. Similar to attack pants in my mind but haven't had them long enough or in bad conditions multiple times to see how they hold up.

16-Apr-19
You can get the Prana pants off Amazon for about half what they cost in the mountaineering/camping stores, btw.

16-Apr-19
I tried the Prana Zion, did not find them comfortable at all.

17-Apr-19
Good to know ohiohunter. My Zions fit well, but I do like more of a relaxed fit.

As far as durability, we bushwhacked a lot last year and they held up suprisingly well.

17-Apr-19
A big Prana Zion fan. I think I have 4 pairs plus another lined pair. I wear them instead of jeans as everyday wear.

17-Apr-19
Felt cute, shot a turkey in my attack pants yesterday. IDK.

17-Apr-19
The Kuiu attack pants are hands down my favorite year round hunting pant. I wish I had more of them.

17-Apr-19
Dang! With all these rave reviews, gonna have to get a pair of those attack pants.

Have a pair of the insulated ones and the ones with knee pads already. The solid colors look pretty good for dual purpose.

Is the material similar in those Prana pants? They look like something I could wear to work as well as out in the hills.

17-Apr-19
I don't know what the prana pants are. I know several guys who where the solid color attack pants daily. They are that comfortable. I'm too tight to do that. No matter where I'm hunting, the attack pants are my first choice. If it's really cold, I might wear the guide pants first or I might wear these with an extra layer. I've used them in pretty warm weather and not had a problem.

18-Apr-19
Tree line, to answer your question, yes the Zions materials are very similar to the Attacks, just lighter weight. The tag I’m looking at says 97% Nylon/3% Elastane. I have 6-7 pairs of Zions and wear them nearly every day. Great fit if you are tall and skinny. They breathe really well in our hot humid conditions in the SE. I wear the Attacks when I hunt out West or in colder conditions just because they are a little thicker material...

18-Apr-19
Will take a look at the Prana stuff next time I’m in Denver. Seems like they would be good in the office or for beating around the hills.

Will probably bite the bullet and get add a pair of Attack pants to my KUIU collection as well...

18-Apr-19
I'm sure I'm in the minority but not a Zion fan. I returned them immediately. They have a weird cut in the crotch. Sort of, "Hey, check out my joint!" look.

18-Apr-19
Well, pulled the trigger on a pair of solid Attack pants and a shirt...

18-Apr-19
Ah, the 'ol check out my moose knuckle pants. Sometimes you just can't fight it Will. A man is man.

30-Apr-19
Treeline you won't regret it. Have multiple Kuiu attack pants and even items from when they were still made in Canada. Best hunting pants out there imo Dave

30-Apr-19
Too tight for me, I’ve got thighs and an ass so there’s no way they’ll fit me anymore. The sheep and goats never cared what I was wearing though :)

• Sitka Gear