GF 09-Apr-19
Pop-r 09-Apr-19
Inshart 09-Apr-19
SBH 09-Apr-19
Franklin 09-Apr-19
kylet 09-Apr-19
GF 09-Apr-19
09-Apr-19
17 yr old kid south of Ennis on the east side of the Madison Valley I believe. He did survive.

09-Apr-19
Lucky dude...

09-Apr-19
Theres 3 big bears living on that face he was hit on. Got pics of them from a week ago. Bad news. Glad he's ok.

09-Apr-19
Dam lucky!

09-Apr-19
So are they going after the bear or what?

09-Apr-19
Nope. Just gonna let it attack someone else next month.

09-Apr-19
The bear made its point without mauling the kid, then got sprayed for its trouble. Not a predatory bear to begin with and know it knows that 2–leggers are a lot like skunks. Nobody really lost on either side, and both parties will be more wary of each other in the future.

There’s no real reason to go after that bear, and a big PR loss in the offing if they did. Nothing to be gained on either side.

Lucky kid. Case closed.

09-Apr-19
In this particular instance I believe you are correct GF. The lax in management has caused the overall population to be not as afraid of those skunks as they should be to cohabitate in modern times though.

09-Apr-19
I used to Elk hunt out of Ennis about 12 years ago - That was about the beginning of when the bears began to be seen more and more.

I believe that's not to far from where that "Orr" guy was attacked a couple years ago.

09-Apr-19
The bear numbers are out of control right now. I spend a lot of time in those mtns....... Head on a swivel up there. Wont take my kids in there anymore. Theres too many and they are being pushed out into the open which means there will be more conflict. They have to be managed just like every other species. Hunters would happily pay for the privilege to do that rather than the cost of removing "problem" bears. It's too bad they are being managed by people who have never even set foot in those hills.

09-Apr-19
Damn....I was hoping it was in BC.

09-Apr-19
That area holds a special meaning to me. Haven’t been out there in a couple years and all these attacks are making it harder and harder to go back

09-Apr-19
Matt - I have no issue whatsoever with proper management of the Bears, and yeah, I’m sure that if we’re not already past the practical carrying capacity up there, we sure as hell WILL be well beyond it before the laws are changed to permit a hunt. Just (IMHO) that particular bear doesn’t need to be killed.

That one cut that kid a major break. Fair’s fair.

• Sitka Gear