Franklin 07-May-19
Elite 1 07-May-19
PECO 07-May-19
TrapperKayak 07-May-19
JohnMC 07-May-19
Shawn 07-May-19
03-May-19

LUNG$HOT's Link
I know this seems to read that it is in consideration of house pets and such but I don’t like the stage it is setting...

“The governor also announced a new effort called the People for Animal Welfare (PAW) Committee in Colorado this week, which he called "an opportunity to look at what Colorado can do to protect our animals from cruelty and ensure their wellbeing."

The way this reads is not just talking about pets. Am I wrong here?

03-May-19
I don't read anything else into that. But him and his fairy husband I am sure would love to ban all hunting

03-May-19
Well... at least he’s spending the budget on some important key issues plaguing the state. (Insert sarcasm here)

03-May-19
You guys must have missed the other thread hes very pro hunting actually especially bow hunting is very important in Colorado....

03-May-19
Yep definitely missed that one. Link or title of thread?

03-May-19
https://forums.bowsite.com/tf/regional/thread.cfm?threadid=245876&messages=37&state=Co I was being very sarcastic by the way, I’m far from being a fan of the man or any damn thing he’s done.

03-May-19
Let me see if I understand this. Democrats want people convicted of felony animal cruelty to be prohibited from having even a cat for five years, but they can vote.

Good grief.

03-May-19
Wonder if it’s related to the several cases where horse owners have allowed horses starve to death and others nearly starve. One of those has been big news in Colo Springs of late.

03-May-19
His husband is a strong animal rights advocate, but in all the research I've done there doesn't seem to be any anti-hunting bias.

03-May-19
His husband ?................puke.

03-May-19
Don't like his politics, don't care about his husband. Some of them are staunch Republicans.

03-May-19
I just get creeped out by a gay man having the word "Pole" in any part of his name.

03-May-19
I’d take a flaming liberal over a staunch republican husband.... really don’t want anything to do with either of them. Damn country’s gone insane.

04-May-19

04-May-19
Apparently Texas is no longer the only state to be known for "steers and queers."

04-May-19
Well this thread got stupid quick. Some insecurities showing.

04-May-19
As much as we like to express our opinions on all subjects, some times it is best not to.

Yes, "got stupid quick"

04-May-19
It`s a direct correlation to what is happening in Colorado...that`s the point. Wake up!

04-May-19
Pat needs to make this thread go away. It’s embarrassing to some of our members...

04-May-19
Thanks for "outing" those members...lol

04-May-19
Hopefully he isn’t against hunting, but never know. His husband is a big time anti. Had a big post about mtn lions being endangered and a part of the lion and bobcat petition to ban hunting g in colorado

04-May-19
Too late "Spookinelk"....nice try though....way too funny.

04-May-19
It’s a sad day when hunters have a bigger problem with a guy being gay than a guy being an anti hunter.

04-May-19
They actually go hand in hand. Every week someone from Colorado posts something going on in there state that is related to the fact that crazy liberals have taken over the state. Like I said before....when you elect a gay Governor you are not putting the genie back in the bottle.

Fact is Colorado is never turning back....if anything it gets worse and worse everyday. Sadly for those that live there they`re once great state is turning into a sh*thole.

Visit Seattle or San Fran and you will see what Denver will look like in 5 years. We can all try to fight it but IMO it`s too late.

04-May-19
Stix what is fake news? That you are not a crazy lefty?

05-May-19
You're right Franklin, you should stay away from CO in the future...

05-May-19
+1 Surfbow. Between legal pot, gay governor, gay lefties copulating behind every bush, and wolves, maybe this will put some limits on NR elk hunters that the CPW won't implement. I'm becoming a fan of anything that might keep hunters away.

The latest stats show 48% of OTC elk hunters are NRs. 10 camps of guys from out of state hunting all day in bad wind can move a big elk herd off a mountain as fast as any wolf pack. I have many friends who are NR elk hunters, but "unlimited" is out of hand when the proportion is nearly 50-50.

05-May-19
Stoned queers, the root of all evil. Oh and mountain bikers who don't pay to ride their bikes.

05-May-19
I’d be anti hunting long before I’d ever be pro gay !! I’d rather eat month old road kill raw and never hunt or step foot in CO.

05-May-19
A psychedelic flowered school bus just drove past my cabin, full of homeless transsexual doctors offering free abortions, pot smoke billowing out the windows, and pulling a 40' stock trailer filled with hungry, howling wolves. This is like a daily occurrence now. If I were you guys, I'd stay as far away from Colorado as possible. Don't even drive through on the way to hunt other states, because just breathing the THC -saturated air might make you turn queer.

05-May-19
That sounds terrible jaq! I think all the non residents should boycott Colorado this year to protest the direction this state has gone! That’ll show the governor! Do it for our future!

05-May-19
I was born and raised in Western Colorado. Liberals have destroyed this state.

05-May-19
Good luck hitting your CPW budget.

05-May-19
Somehow every other western state survives without 50% NR revenue.

05-May-19
Jaq....we would NEVER live there....we just come to hunt. Thanks anyway....lol

We are all guilty of letting this happen. I have hunted the state for decades and never lifted a finger to help fight the transition. I thought just spending my money was enough.

In most states that IS enough as the hunting revenues are HUGE and most politicians won`t touch that. But Colorado..."HAS WEED" now. So when you bring up revenue issues they say..."we don`t care WE HAVE WEED". You bring up rising homelessness coming to the state....they say "we don`t care WE HAVE WEED".

The revenues from "WEED" have stifled a lot our pressure. Colorado was broke until WEED....Illinois is beyond broke....their answer....WEED.

This is what progressive liberalism gets you.

But I will still be coming this fall to take one of your elk off your hands Jaq....thank you. Colorado is a nice place to visit but I damn sure will never live there.

05-May-19
50% resident hunters doesn't equal 50 % revenue.

05-May-19
Yes boreal, I’m fairly familiar with basic math. Point being many states limit NR to 10% or less and they’re able to make it work. I don’t think it needs to be 10% but it shouldn’t be a free for all either.

05-May-19
Right, and government agencies will accept budget cuts of 50% or greater. And resident hunters will be more than willing to make up those shortfalls with increased license and permit fees. The genies out of the bottle boys and no matter how much you whine and bitch you can't stuff him back in.

05-May-19
Jaq, I can’t tell if you’re making that bus thing up or you actually saw my Prime Minister on holidays. I’ll believe you if it had pro Muslim stickers, anti gun slogans and the licence plate number was LGBTQ2

05-May-19
It’s pretty simple. Raise prices. Just like any other time you have too much demand and not enough supply. That goes for nonresidents and residents. If 50% of the NR drop out if you double the cost, you’re still making the same money. I’ll happily pay more for a better experience and less pressure. The key part of that sentence is BETTER and LESS. Raising fees while changing nothing is a whole different story.

05-May-19
The one thing you have to give Jarod Polis is he always ready to go.....

.....because he got his shit packed

05-May-19
Not sure that came over the way it was supposed to John but I got it...good one!

If you limit the NR tags in Colo to 10% no elk would get killed. Hate to say it but Colorado residents are not what one would call "balls of fire" when it comes to motivation.

Raise the tag price and less people come to hunt and the lefties will put "predators use" into overdrive to control the herds. Which they are already bitching about. Dumb idea.

05-May-19
"Colorado residents are not what one would call "balls of fire" when it comes to motivation."

WTH????

06-May-19
LOL!

NR hunters... ahhh, I see now... that's why the state is on greased skids down that slope, or Range...whatever..... damn guys, I mean, just look what that hoard of NRs have done to CA!

cool. Here in HI we're screwed already. Was a time you could just ignore it. That time is long gone.... but it's nice to hear a good tune being whistled past the graveyard...

06-May-19
The way CO is heading, no one except a lib will have any desire to go there anyway before too long. I've been there several times and it got worse every time I went. Still a lot of great stuff to see, but a lot more 'pollution' as time goes on. Soon to be not worth going to. Even the elk herd is polluted (with CWD).

06-May-19
"If you limit the NR tags in Colo to 10% no elk would get killed. Hate to say it but Colorado residents are not what one would call "balls of fire" when it comes to motivation."

You're a fountain of wisdom Franklin...

06-May-19
Amazing how a couple people can lower the collective IQ of a thread about 20 points.

TrapperKayak, your state is an absolute disgusting mess. There is little worth living for in that hell hole liberal garbage dump. You have no room to shade someplace else where you've been "several times" and probably saw Denver out the window of a rental car.

06-May-19
Oh, the IQ of this thread could be lowered? Didn't think it could go much lower actually... Hey Lou, The politics in both states sucks. The country and natural resources in both states is great, relative to area. Upstate is conservative, not liberal, NY city is. Denver is a liberal stronghold. Same thing. I don't condone people coming to or moving to NY any more than I would CO, but I see far more 'garbage' moving into CO, and more 'good' moving out of NY for many of the same reasons. I've driven all over that state from all directions, through it, and hiked all over too for that matter, for years, beginning back in the 90's, so you can assume what you want. Stayed in several different towns, Denver included. Beautiful state, getting taken over by scum. I'd bet you and I are even on the same page in most cases, but that being said, how about taking your derogatory assumptions and putting them in YOUR shady spot.

06-May-19
Derogatory assumptions? Read your post to which I responded. Pot, meet kettle.

Sorry, gotta go. The truck just pulled up to pump the New York out of my septic tank.

06-May-19
Jaq can`t have a intelligent conversation about his states problems without getting personally offended.

If you guys that live in Colorado can`t take the opinions of others, than stop with your whiny threads about whats happening in your state. Some of you take this site WAYYYY too seriously. Take it down 1000....it`s just a conversation and nobody is "bashing your cred".

06-May-19
Lou quit arguing with them CO sucks go to WY or MT or ID or NM or UT. Skip CO altogether. If they have to drive through fill up with gas and take a leak before they cross the border. Don't stop unless they want to have quicky with the governor.

06-May-19
Don't kid yourself that this is NOT happening in just about EVERY state! I just shake my head when I hear some of the things coming out of Philly, Pittsburgh and Harrisburg! : (

I cringe everytime I hear about Hillary, Obama or crazy Uncle Joe coming to PA for a visit.............................................

06-May-19
John, I know. I really hope they stay away. But it's sorta like if you have a gorgeous, smart, rich wife who has put on a little weight lately. And some beer-bellied slob with a morbidly obese, snaggletoothed, greasy haired wife walks by and tells you your wife is getting a fat ass and your kids are ugly.

Please, stay away. All our deer and elk are infected with CWD, gay homeless potheads are sleeping in everyone's front yards, everyone here is either a flaming lib or an intolerant conservative asshole like me.

06-May-19
More whining from Jaq....YOU live in the state....YOU vote in the state....we don`t. YOU made your bed....what exactly do you want from us, the NR hunter. Sympathy....maybe a back rub...what???

We poured our $$$$$ into your state, through tags and residual income....some supported you in other methods. We continue to hunt in the state for fear if we don`t you will completely lose the fight.

Residents of Colorado let this happen. Sorry but that is the facts. If you want an "echo chamber" and "like opinions", then keep the threads on the State Boards.

06-May-19
Right on Franklin, nailed it. How true: "All our deer and elk are infected with CWD, gay homeless potheads are sleeping in everyone's front yards, everyone here is either a flaming lib or an intolerant conservative asshole like me." Jaq, Fact s are facts, These are not assumptions. Isn't that part of your gripe? Its not an assumption that CO is being polluted. What you don't know about me you assumed. Personally, I think you are just upset at the truth that CO is on a major downhill slide. CA...their coming, their coming...Pretty soon you'll be in the septic pit right along with NYC. BTW, I know of 4 guys from NY coming to hunt elk in CO this fall... ;) . I had a chance - turned it down so far.

06-May-19
“Right on franklin nailed it”. There’s a phrase I’d never thought I’d read on here.

06-May-19

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
UCSD, you have to consider the source.

I'd respond back to Heckel and Jeckel but I'm busy at my little fishing cabin in this awful, horrible place, gearing up to go catch a bunch of big rainbows. After that I'll go for a fitness hike and look at moose. Life is pretty damn good in most of CO, except for cheap unlimited NR elk tags. Wonder why so people are fleeing other states to live here.....?

06-May-19
Jaq, let me know if you need someone to bait your hooks! That’s beautiful! You must have his the flaming libs you keep talking about! Haha

06-May-19
For what its worth TrapperKayak thinks he is a expert on most everything - like many from NY.

06-May-19
"Cabin" LOL

06-May-19

TrapperKayak's embedded Photo
John, what OTHER geniuses from NY do you know? ;P Jaq, Kinda lonely up there at the top? You make as good of a fish as you do fisherman. Readily taking the bait right down to the gut... :) A piece of the hell-hole you speak of. Not my front yard but hey, I don't pay taxes on it.

06-May-19
Kayakboy - I've never met a genius from NY. However I met plenty that think they are...similar to yourself.

06-May-19
This is almost comical....the people that live in Colorado are saying what a great place it is and how far they are removed from the "liberalism". Then they turn around and make a thread complaining about the liberal policies that are affecting them. LMAO

You can`t make this stuff up. I`m embarrassed FOR you.

06-May-19
What is comical is douche bags from states like WI and NY neither of which are conservative strong holds, spending so much time worry about our states. If either of those 2 state were desirable there would be a thread about them going on bowsite. But no one outside of them gives 2 sh!t enough to bring them up.

06-May-19
I try to be positive on this site and not take sides or say anything negative to anybody but man this thread is making it hard!

06-May-19
JohnBoy, would you like to be educated on a fact that I'm sure you are not aware of or could care less about? In the 90s, a taxidermist that went to high school with (I don't think he graduated :) ), same class actually, class of '74 (yeah I'm old and wise..heheheh), brought some CO elk back to NY, Oneida Co, to be exact, and even more precisely, to acreage very near to my land here. I was living in Washington State at the time, and came back to hunt annually, with family,and friends. One year though, the imported elk were tested positive for CWD, and low and behold, infected native whitetails literally in my parents' back yard. Mandatory deer brain testing became necessary with hunters turning in all harvested deer at the check station just west of Rome, NY on rt. 365. Deer were also shot and tested, actually on land I own in Oneida Co. and a few were found to test positive over the next 10 years or more. Not alot, but nonetheless, bothersome to locals and state officials. Any CWD transmission is cause for concern. So you see, I am not just some whiney-ass easterner projecting my opinion of faraway Coloradans for no reason. I was directly impacted, so my rant about CO elk being "polluted" is with an element of bias (and to get a rise out of you diehard defensive residents of "God's Country"). I think CO is a beautiful state that is being overrun by liberal pollutants from out of state everywhere, and to me that is tragic. Those are facts. I hate to see it happen anywhere. Its already here thats why so many are leaving. Me included, but dont worry, CO is not on my list. Been there, done that.

06-May-19
BTW John and Lou, your choice of insulting words and namecalling make you sound like posterboys of intelligence.... Lol! ;^)

06-May-19
Thanks for educating us on.......what was that again? Some game farm elk were polluted with CWD by liberals in CO and made their way to Oneida County and now some deer are testing positive, so you and other people are leaving NY because of it, but you aren't coming to CO?

Thats good news. At least the official NY State Animal, "Roadside Trash", can't contract CWD. Have another cocktail.

06-May-19
Lol, that's what I thought, you can't read. ;)

06-May-19
Lol, no, I don't read. I just get paid good money to write. Reading is optional.

I missed the "Interpreting Incoherent Rants" course at the university. Took Co-ed wrestling as an elective instead.

06-May-19
Well the entertainment value of these written gems is enough payment for me! I hate to visualize co-ed wrestling in mid seventies CO though. Its probably better now with all the California girls there though.. ;) Did you ever get pinned? Lol.

06-May-19
I’m currently sitting on the couch and can’t find the damn remote. I’m too lazy to get up. The daily show is on, which I despise and there’s a guest wearing slutty red heals, bright pink lipstick and long pink, matching females. His Adam’s apple is bigger than mine. I have zero issues with what someone wants to do as long as it doesn’t impact me, but man you’d think 50% of the American population was lbgta based on television! Where’s the damn remote?!!!

07-May-19
Which 'daily show' are you watching??? Time for some new programming. ;)

STIX you are right, the 'dacks are great!

07-May-19
There are advocates on this public forum for the shooting of dogs and cats, please read the prior threads here before commenting. No wonder we have groups in opposition, and more on the way. Hunters are their own worst enemies.

07-May-19
So, this is what this site has become? Haven't been here in a while but wow, just wow.

07-May-19
Still the best site going just some things hit a nerve.......you let it out or get PC and pretend we all agree on everything. That would be the liberal way.

07-May-19
Childs play. Amature hour. This thread is just Lou playing with you guys, he's trying to see who is ready for the adult table, aka the Community Forum. Wander over there sometime, very entertaining, ... just wear your boots and a hardhat.

07-May-19
Everyone on this thread needs to go outside and f****** do something

07-May-19
If someone wants to give me shit. I weighed 210 lbs this morning I have until Aug 3 to be in sheep shape. Since Friday I have been running, steps up and down on a park bench. Going to the only hill in my town and running up and down it and watching what I eat and hungry . This morning I can barely walking with out a limp I am so sore. I am trying to get motivated to leave my store and go to the gym this morning. But I plan on being below 190 come Aug 3 and be able to get to the sheep better than the average 42 year old! See Forest I am multi tasking!

07-May-19
John, why even try? Nobody from Colorado knows how to hunt anyway.

Forest, I went outside and caught a bunch of fish, but the hordes of pot smoking liberal gays with CWD chased me back inside.

07-May-19
Maybe the answer is to reduce the constant "woe is me" threads by Colorado residents. Nobody really cares.

07-May-19

Elite 1's embedded Photo
Elite 1's embedded Photo
Maybe not the place but I love this pic by John McNaughton. It’s the Democratic party holding flags they represent more than United States of America ,While they stomp on our flag. Maybe we should all try to stick together and try to clean this mess up a little bit!!!!!

07-May-19
"the adult table, aka the Community Forum. " LOL this is the best line in this entire thread.

07-May-19

JohnBoy, I kinda figured you were a sheep lover, being from CO. Heheheheh. ;)

07-May-19
Difference between you and I though. I am going use my bow to stick a sheep with a arrow. You use Velcro gloves to help yourself "stick" a sheep.

07-May-19
No dog in this fight and I am glad, although I do live in NY. People are embarrassing themselves. I am no genius but I do know when people don't make sense. Also the Adirondack park has 2.6 million acres of public land and encompasses 6 million acres, not many states have that much public land total let alone in one area. Shawn

• Sitka Gear