Kodiak 07-May-19
Linecutter 07-May-19
ryanrc 08-May-19
ryanrc 12-May-19
Bou'bound 12-May-19
HUNT MAN 12-May-19
ryanrc 14-May-19
05-May-19
Just curious as to your thoughts about his trip?

06-May-19
Tell us about it and then we can discuss our thoughts.

06-May-19
Just looked. He's making a trip to Alaska solo, other than his dog, pulling a camper.

"It’s showtime ——-well I’ve had the big meeting with the doctors and they all say a trip to Alaska by myself with pepper in a travel trailer is nothing short of a death warrant, stupid, irresponsib I must admit,this has turned out to be a monster Adventure with much more planning and training needed then I could ever imagine."

06-May-19

midwest's Link
Link to his fb page...

06-May-19
I would look buut then I'd have to reactivate Facebook, and I really don't care what anybody is eating for breakfast this morning or see the view out their hotel window in Little Rock...

06-May-19
I don't have Facebook but your link midwest let me look at his stuff. I haven't seen anything from him in a few years, glad to see him out and about doing it the barta way. A question for those that have been keeping up with him. He say he looking for a partner for his journey, I thought he was married. Did something happen or am I mistaken about him being married?

06-May-19
Since you probably missed it, Lou, I had Grape Nuts and egg whites. ;-)

Tred helped a lady that had no money. He bought her gas and gave her $50 cash. She was so happy, she jumped on his lap in the wheelchair, knocked him over backwards, bashed his head open, and cut his hand. Hell of an adventure so far!

06-May-19
"Tred helped a lady that had no money. He bought her gas and gave her $50 cash. She was so happy, she jumped on his lap in the wheelchair, knocked him over backwards, bashed his head open, and cut his hand. Hell of an adventure so far!"

In LA they call those hookers.

06-May-19
Lou, you don't have to Facebook to see his stuff. It is public. I believe his wife left him years ago. Since then, he has moved a bunch and basically posts about his struggles. Very sobering perspective of living and dealing with his condition.

06-May-19
I always enjoyed watching him even if he was way over the top most of time. No doubt he is doing things the hard way now. Wish him luck on his trip.

06-May-19
Thanks, ryanrc. I'll check it out. I never liked his videos because of the awful way he portrayed traditional bowhunters. But I admire his spunk after the terrible stroke that took him down. I wish him onky the best.

06-May-19
Lou, you and I are in the same boat. He quite frankly annoyed me. But, the dude has grit that is for sure. To me, it is just sobering how alone someone can be after suffering a health crisis. I wish him well, even though I personally think this trip he is taking is one way.

06-May-19
He’s for sure an over-the-top kinda dude. He’s got that in yo face style too...credit to his yankee blood for that. I say go for it, Tred. I hope he gives it all he’s got and I wish him the best.

06-May-19
I recall seeing Tred Barta trad-bowhunting caribou on TV. He mentioned his self-imposed range limit of something like 15 yards (because he was a lousy shot), proceeded to lob arrows at a caribou at well over 50 yards, then described it as a "good miss". I couldn't help but chuckle in a faux pas sort of way.

06-May-19
So how do you see facebook without being a member ? When I try to look I get a popup that covers most of the screen and says log in or sign up to view !!

06-May-19
Like others, not a fan but admire his grit.

Get busy livin' or get busy dyin'.

06-May-19
Timbrhuntr, his page is public so just scroll down and you can follow his journey.

06-May-19
I was never a huge fan, but I can't imagine living the way he has to. I hope he has quite an adventure, is safe and entertains at the same time!

06-May-19
Not sure why but I can't view it just get a popup that says login or join can't scroll or even read it !! Popup covers most of the page and moves when you scroll !

06-May-19
For me, if it's on Facebook, or tweeter, then it doesn't exist.

06-May-19
Timbrhunter. I don't know. I have Facebook but figured anyone could view it since it is public. Maybe someone more tech savvy can help. Here is a post from a bit ago.

Brand new post third day of swan hunt with Currituck Guide service I am at a complete loss of words of what to write, I’m going to let my heart dictate what to say and I ask that it be received by all of you with kind hearts. I woke this morning to find out that my colostomy bag which holds my waste product came loose during the night and my crap was all over the bed, all over me it was everywhere, it was impossible for me to clean up myself. I called for Danny Smith and he came in the room and methodically helped me clean up it took two hours and ended with me taking a sponge bath on a tarp, this experience was humbling, it also was disgusting, I can’t think of anything worse to happen to anyone. The reason I’m explaining what happened, is to share with other people with disabilities that things happen and will happen which are out of your control, that is not a reason not to fill your dreams, this is not a reason to stay at home, this is not a reason not to keep living, people with disabilities must push on and through the threshold of embarrassment, Danny Smith proved to me he is a man of integrity, honor, and grace he proceeded in an orderly manner to help me clean up. I am now eating a wonderful breakfast with Danny‘s family incident has been forgotten, it is blowing 30 knts with gusts to 40 knts it’s a gale and we cannot get to the two water blinds we’ve been hunting I’m in the house by myself with Danny‘s mom The two guys are out scouting for swans I’m trying to put a game plan together. With everyone working so hard for me to get a bird and being so kind I have decided to stay over and keep trying. Any other client would have a limited out on Swan‘s the first or second day I can only shoot in a 20° arc with about a 20° up angle. That means even if they get a bird do you come in perfectly to the rig there’s an 80% chance I can’t even shoot knowing all of these facts my guides refuse to quit and except the Challenge there’s no quit in this outfit I am humbled to the very core. I say to anyone with disabilities if I can do it you can do in your off the couch and get out in the field I will report later today what the next move is. So far I have shot myself a beautiful Drake Mallard and it had a leg band from two years ago from Maryland what an incredible trophy for a man who is paralyzed from the chest down. The guides put a robe and a large band around my chest so that when I raise my gun I don’t collapse since I don’t have any stomach muscles. Never ever ever ever give up this adventure is not over.

06-May-19
Day number seven Barta get off the couch expeditionWell the trailer is finished and on Monday Tuesday and Wednesday all systems will be approved and the rear trailer rack the ladderr, And roof rack will be installed. I ordered a special Paraplegic Bed so I do not get pressure sores on my rumpus and we are all searching for Thursday early morning departure date to Alaska. I am contemplating an agreement with Up north country journal where in they will cover my trip by video blog once or twice a week in addition to my Facebook hopefully this will be sponsored by Harbor view and hopefully in the very near future I hope to announce a Barta outdoor edition trailer for the special-needsAnd all outdoors men in general. Today is Saturday morning and I am on my way to bass pro shops near Chicago to pick up some last-minute supplies I’ve seen several flocks of turkeys out in the rain and it just began to snow pretty heavily they are forecasting 10 inches on a freak storm crossing the middle of the US right now looks like I’m gonna be right in the middle of it I enjoy the weather. I must admit to all I’ve had times of great consternation there’s so much I can’t do and there’s so much that if I get in trouble I can’t get myself out of it. I am incredibly frustrated I have planned and planned and planned and measured 10 times and cut once and yet it looks like I might not be able to take the trailer off the hitch completely by myself ,I can take the action track chair off by myself and put it back on the truck by myself but it is hard and it is dangerous I say this not asking for sympathy or for that matter encouragement I just want all to know that I do have these thoughts and this trip is going to be much much much harder than I ever imagined but it’s notAnyHarder than many of the other things I’ve had to do so Monday Tuesday Wednesday our big days I hope you enjoy the pictures I think so many of you for your prayers and your encouragement I also want everyone to know that God is my copilot on this trip and when in doubt and when in fear I will lean on the Lord and he will show me the wayBy the way I am alone with pepper and I am at times very lonely and that’s just the way it I absolutely unequivocally and nonnegotiabley picked the best trailer company in the world HL industries Inc. and their division Harbor view amongst for five others divisions which they own is a Christian, caring, very high-quality company. Peggy the owner and pepper and myself are going to church on Sunday I’ve gotten to know most of the workers By the person who gave them what I consider to be a lot of moneyat the plant and they do care remember I looked at nine different trailer companies I exhausted my possibilities and I picked Harbor view because of their quality and because they actually listen and rear quality you can call this a plug if you want and it is but it’s a plug from the man who gave them a lot of money and I could’ve given it to anyone I chose them they did not choose me they deserve kudos times 10 will report on day number eight910 and 11 shortly never ever say never not ever not never

06-May-19
The Tred Barta get off the couch expedition I got I did it out of Indiana and H and L Enterprises, Harbor view at 5:30 AM took route 80 and 90 and before I knew it Chicago was just off my right bumperRoads Where are Absolutely awful I Skirted Chicagoans took the northern route as many of you suggested I could not believe how many of the beautiful corn fields are flooded, farm after farm after farm there was so much water in the fields I’m sure it’s going to hurt their Planting schedule all of the rivers are super high and the lakes you pass by are exceeding their banks this country i went through must be great white tail and turkey country I started to get very very tired and got a stomachache and the sweats I felt awful for about a half hour and pulled over. My truck at 65 mph in the towing mode on flat ground is running about 2852 2900 rpm’s at 60 mph on flat ground she’s turning about , 2280 RPMs two 2370 RPMs to be honest I can’t get her to 70 or 75 she just doesn’t want to go there, I built it I bought a great hitch and leveling kit the ride is excellent but the 5.3 Chevy engine just doesn’t have enough power, keeping the airbags at about 45 pounds and the trailer and the back of the truck are even. I have to accelerate very slowly. I drove to about 3:30 PM and I am staying at a trailer park in Wisconsin I am about 4 1/2 hours from Sioux City or maybe it’s Sioux Falls South Dakota. When I went inside the trailerIt look like a bomb went off stuff everywhere I guess I’m going to learn to tie it down or put it away. The owners of the trailer park we’re extremely nice helped me hook up to city water I am 50 amp hook up took my first shower it was great the trailer towed perfect but I am burning fuel like there’s no tomorrow even at 60 mph it’s not often that every single switch, every pump every door every drawer, washer dryer absolutely everything on this trailer is working 100% I am so proud of the people who helped me at Harbor view to “them“ Tred we want to give you all of the tools we can give you so that your trip to Alaska goes well. Well they did it. What am I worried about ???everything there’s so many moving parts so many moving pieces but I’m gonna make it work I want to spend a couple days at Mount Rushmore, deadwood South Dakota or maybe it’s North Dakota and some time in the Badlands I’ve hunted in all these areas before but never had the opportunity to just look it over slowly ,if anybody on Facebook wants to fish for a day or do something outdoors in these areas let me know and I’ll meet you there, would like to find a really nice place to stay in these areas for a couple days. I’m absolutely exhausted would like to get going about 5 o’clock tomorrow, I’m a little bit worried about my feet there about three times the size of normal hopefully they’ll they’ll go down tonight. Well everyone I’m on my way talk to you tomorrow sorry the pictures aren’t very good but they are what they are good nightAnd God bless.

06-May-19
The Tred Barta get off the couch expedition I got I did it out of Indiana and H and L Enterprises, Harbor view at 5:30 AM took route 80 and 90 and before I knew it Chicago was just off my right bumperRoads Where are Absolutely awful I Skirted Chicagoans took the northern route as many of you suggested I could not believe how many of the beautiful corn fields are flooded, farm after farm after farm there was so much water in the fields I’m sure it’s going to hurt their Planting schedule all of the rivers are super high and the lakes you pass by are exceeding their banks this country i went through must be great white tail and turkey country I started to get very very tired and got a stomachache and the sweats I felt awful for about a half hour and pulled over. My truck at 65 mph in the towing mode on flat ground is running about 2852 2900 rpm’s at 60 mph on flat ground she’s turning about , 2280 RPMs two 2370 RPMs to be honest I can’t get her to 70 or 75 she just doesn’t want to go there, I built it I bought a great hitch and leveling kit the ride is excellent but the 5.3 Chevy engine just doesn’t have enough power, keeping the airbags at about 45 pounds and the trailer and the back of the truck are even. I have to accelerate very slowly. I drove to about 3:30 PM and I am staying at a trailer park in Wisconsin I am about 4 1/2 hours from Sioux City or maybe it’s Sioux Falls South Dakota. When I went inside the trailerIt look like a bomb went off stuff everywhere I guess I’m going to learn to tie it down or put it away. The owners of the trailer park we’re extremely nice helped me hook up to city water I am 50 amp hook up took my first shower it was great the trailer towed perfect but I am burning fuel like there’s no tomorrow even at 60 mph it’s not often that every single switch, every pump every door every drawer, washer dryer absolutely everything on this trailer is working 100% I am so proud of the people who helped me at Harbor view to “them“ Tred we want to give you all of the tools we can give you so that your trip to Alaska goes well. Well they did it. What am I worried about ???everything there’s so many moving parts so many moving pieces but I’m gonna make it work I want to spend a couple days at Mount Rushmore, deadwood South Dakota or maybe it’s North Dakota and some time in the Badlands I’ve hunted in all these areas before but never had the opportunity to just look it over slowly ,if anybody on Facebook wants to fish for a day or do something outdoors in these areas let me know and I’ll meet you there, would like to find a really nice place to stay in these areas for a couple days. I’m absolutely exhausted would like to get going about 5 o’clock tomorrow, I’m a little bit worried about my feet there about three times the size of normal hopefully they’ll they’ll go down tonight. Well everyone I’m on my way talk to you tomorrow sorry the pictures aren’t very good but they are what they are good nightAnd God bless.

06-May-19
The Tred Barta get off the couch expedition today my friends was a tough one up super early oh dark hundred and drive and drive and drive and drive and drive and drive I ended up the day just a little short ofFargo North Dakota tomorrowI hope to go the whole length of the state I am so tired now I am delirious so this will be a short one Today in a gas station a woman was crying on the curbside I asked her what was wrong about my eyebrows her she said that she had no money I’m in the car ran out of gas in the gas station but all the credit cards were no good she was trying to get to church I believed her filled up a card with $45 worth of gas and gave her $50 in cash as I was leaving here she comes running tears down both eyes who knows what she was thinking she jumps on my lap and over backwards I go I open my left hand up pretty good and a very bad smack on my head blood everywhere on my shirt on my jeans on the chair on the floor on everyone after I calm her down for a second time I want to a roll of paper towels in my truck driving 84 westbound, I met a doctor at the next gas station Who said I needed five stitches in my head in for five in my hand I stuffed paper towels in both places and kept driving I’ve got a good bump on my head and I just put two staples in my hand and hurt like hell and then I glued it up with superglue it’s ugly but it’s OK I have no idea what I’ve written talk with you all tomorrow I’m so tired good night

06-May-19
The Tred Barta get off the couch expedition hey everyone it’s Thursday and tremendous progress is being made all systems on the trailer have been checked many systems modified for wheelchair use the back rack is being finished tomorrow morning with the installation of generator and air compressor the hitch system with back up camera with airbbags electronic breaks have all been synced and I know I’m proud to say I can hitch and unhitch the trailer, I can change a tire, I can change a propane tank, I can handle black and gray water, and I can do it by myself my God it’s not pretty but I can do it. I have decorated the trailer to bring back a lifetime of memories spent in wild places many of which I will revisit with the new lenses on life. I have had a couple of opportunities with people offering to drive with me all the way to Alaska of course they would only be responsible for the cost of hotdogs which they eat. All kidding aside if I can do this trip all disabled people around the world can do anything they have their mindset on all you have to do is have passion and believe in yourself. A lot of people are asking me what happens if you get sick what happens if you have an accident what happens if you get stuck what happens if you have a mechanical failure and on and on and on it goes and of course the only answer I can give is i where the armor of God I will proceed to do the best I can with what I have available to me at the moment.I am concerned really concerned A lot of campsites don’t have the room for my side opening door and I have the grass or gravel in my parking spot which means my wheelchair wheelchair is finished but guess what everyone my action track wheelchair in the back of my truck is not finished and I can take it in and out of the truck myself, this operation is very dangerous in a wheelchair but I am practicing and practicing and practicing to minimize Risk. I can’t say enough about HL Enterprises Inc. they are all rooting for me and they are trying to give me all of the tools that I need to be successful today I have the executive staff was working on my trailer I don’t know what to say I am truly humbled by their kindness all I can sayIf there’s anyone out there you know who needs a special-needs trailer which could be used either with or without help from other people that Harbor view division of a HL Out of Elkhart Indiana is the best of the best. I plan to leave for Alaska by myself and pepper Saturday morning at about 5 AM I can’t wait to share my story. I drove the trailer yesterday and i must tell you as a paraplegic it’s a handful it takes a tremendous of constant concentration and that is harder than I thought I’m going to bed now and living in the trailer for the last three days thank you Everyone I know I will be asking for your help along the way and I pray that you’ll be there to give it to me if you can .my first drive out of Elkhart on Saturday morning will be an 8 to 9 Hour Dr. I don’t know where that puts me but anyone near that location please say hello and maybe I can park for the night. I’ll be taking I believe I 80 or I 90 the entire way to Montana and cross into Canada at sweet grass Montana. Sorry it’s so long I want to bring you up-to-date with the pictures I will try to keep it shorter in the future good night all Alaska here I come.

06-May-19
That TredBarta get off the couch expedition I don’t know why the Lord is pushing me so hard but I want to get a lot of miles behind me so I can enjoy the fishing and hunting that is truly world-class and that can be found in British Columbia, the Yukon in Alaska you will never believe where I am approximately one hour and 20 minutes from the Montana border.I’m at the north countyRV CNenter and a great couple who manages the place help me settle In ,they were so nice. There’s a lot I don’t understand but I’m getting knowledge all the time and I’m getting to spend quality time with people in the morning and at the end of the day I’m worried very worried very worried about my truck a 25 gallon tank takes me about 120 miles so basically every two hours I need fuel and every two hours leave me at about a quarter tank, I talk to many of my diesel truck people who tell me their trucks are so wonderful but if they are towing large RVs there getting about 2 to 2 1/2 hours before they are at a quarter of a tank not much better than what I I am getting, thinking about doubling my extra fuel held by 4 six gallon tanks to a total of 8. SIX gallon tanks I’m really worried about some of these long stretches. Tomorrow I’m going to run one hour at 50 mph and see what the differences I don’t have much strength on these steep uphill’s so I’m going to take the northern route through Edmonton around the Rocky Mountains but I’m still going to be jammed with some real big hills tomorrow I’m going to try to put in another big day I’m afraid I only have one more day left in me before I have to sleep A lot to recover I know everyone says slow down and smell the roses I want to smell the roses in Alaska for the whole summer to be honest with you I’m just hanging on never push myself so hard I am so tired and so beat up tomorrow’s another day going to sleep, North Dakota is very beautiful with its Rollinghills and beautiful cornfields and other cropsToday it was in the low 50s blue sky with big pillowy clouds Pepper is a Republican and we discussed if the middle of the country is so big and the East Coast and the West Coast are so small and crowded with so many people I wonder what value system United States of America should be really run-on I personally prefer the bread basket of United States, hard-working honest people anyway I thought I’d share that with you here are some pictures where I’m staying tonight the gas stations pepper and this monster tank that almost ran me off the highway never seen anything so big good night allToo tired to edit this did not read it I hope it’s OK

06-May-19
I met Tred at a trail head as I was backpacking my camp out of a wilderness. I had gotten a bull a few day earlier and went back in for my camp. Seldom ever saw anybody in there so was surprised when I got out to the trailhead. There were a lot of people, horses and cameras. So i visited with them and they were full of questions. Then I recognized Tred from seeing him on TV. Told him last show I saw he was falling down in a creek in Alaska! Let me tell you, he was as squirrely in person as on TV! We had quite a conversation. He had a large entourage. They were riding in to set up camp and film his hunt. He did end up shooting a small bull. Was only a year later or so he came down with his sudden affliction. Sad. This adventure he is now on is hard to imagine. Good for him.

06-May-19
Well as I told you all , Etc.last week I’ve decided to go by trailer to Alaska my proposed driving partner has decided not to join me for some really great reasons little things like retirement, 401(k) plans, insurance etc. for most people leaving for Alaska for the summer with a no plans of where to go next is quite insurmountable. This means I’m on my own paralyzed from my chest down pulling a trailer in a pick up truck ,this weekend I started making checklistsAnd reviewing some of the basic skills I must have, I changed the tire on my truck all by myself it took three hours and 50 minutes it required three jacks and a 2x2 has a prybar two bottle jacks where needed to get the good tire up and to position remember I have no core muscles. This exercise proved to me that absolutely everything I need mustBe in the exact position when it is needed. I’m thinking about placing some ads looking for a woman companion fora four month Alaskan adventure I’m not doing very good Finding girlfriends and wives so maybe that’s the Way to go but seriously if I can take a 10,000 mile Journey by myself I can do anything I’m working on every aspect of the trip I really think I can do this most people think it’s way over my head and totally irresponsible I will need doctors, I need meds and I will need mail and banking and all that type of stuff right now it’s overwhelming but it has given me hope again towards things that are very exciting yet to come I know I will need an ask for help along the way perhaps on each leg of the trip I could visit people on this site anyway I am at Hard At work and like always I’m doing at the bar the way the hard way.

06-May-19
I just copied a few of his posts so you can get an idea of what he is doing.

07-May-19
Thanks for posting this Ryan, like him or not, you can’t help but admire the attitude that guy has. I think I have it tough some days? Please. I met Tred and his family (before his divorce) at Walkers Cay in the Bahamas years ago and they were solid folks. I’ll be following along now. And to all you guys that don’t have a Facebook acct, believe it or not, no one really cares!

07-May-19
Thanks for posting interesting read for sure don't know that I could do this.

07-May-19
I wish him the best helluva fisherman Lewis

07-May-19
He sounds lonely, too. After his first wife left him for another man he found Anni, who divorced him after the stroke. Then he found another love and married her, but it sounds like that went south. After the stroke, losing his mobility and career, then losing the women in his life, I can't imagine what he must be going through.

Keep the faith, Tred.

07-May-19
I have to give him a lot of credit. The paralysis, and the pain, are tough to deal with, but he's still fishing and doing things. Good for him, I wish Tred the best.

07-May-19
Tough mofo, and I support his Alaskan effort.

Life is for living, seems to me that's exactly what he's doing. Good luck Tred.

07-May-19
Having worked with spinal chord injuries on a Rehab Unit, what this man is attempting is Monumental ESPECIALLY at his age. Many would have given up on the things they enjoyed with this kind of injury. Many friends would have faded away and I imagine many of his have. I am sure with all of this he has had his demons to deal with. In these posts that have been copied and placed here shows someone who refuses to give in. He wants, works, and agonizes to enjoy the life of the out-of-doors that meant so much to him before. Some may say he is Bull Headed and Argonaut and down right Insane for even attempting to do this. This is a man driven and determined to TRY and take back what was taken from him, what he found that was so important, and gave meaning to his life. All of this may kill him, but if it does, he will have died trying to do the thing he loved, being a Sportsman in the Out-of-Doors, fishing and hunting. DANNY

08-May-19
The Tred Barta get off the couch expedition. I’m such a jerk at times and I don’t know why Been that way my whole life . If you read my book driven and of course if you didn’t you should order immediately on Bart away.com or Amazon that was the plug. You would know that no matter what task is put in front of me I always have to test the waters, figure out where the wall is. Perhaps I’m still trying figure out if I measured up to the toughest man I knew a world war flyingAce in B-29s My dad. I don’t know how many days I’ve been driving but many of them have been 13 hours I am now in Lewistown Montana at the local town trailer park. Last night when I pulled in I discovered where the point is I can do no more so I guess from now on I am satisfied that I know where that point is for myself. I’ve tried to get out of bed three times and I can’t too tired muscles are too sore, feet are too big and my back and arms and butt ache. I guess it’s a day or a couple days of recovery as stupid as it sounds to all of you as I dictate this and there is a calmness Almost A sense of confidence that I know what I can do if I have to, now I can relax and now I can start to enjoy the trip even more because I push myself to the absolute limit. Today I’m going to clean the trailer, re,discover this town I’ve always liked it very much even thought I could live here, have a very good friend Vaughn Esper who lives here he’s a great man and will spend some time with me tomorrow, I need to select Canadian customs paperwork for my long guns, Set my pistols from an FFlto an FFl in Alaska. And then I need to clean up the trailer, changing oil in the truck, get a decent meal, take a shower and spend some time on the greatest book ever written in the history of man kind. The trip from Miles city to Lewiston was absolutely beautiful, grasslands as far as the eye can see, Roosevelt national Park, Saw Buffalo from the road, mule deer, elk, coyotes. Black Angus Are everywhere, literally drove two hours and 10 minutes yesterday never saw a single car or truck and saw five people on tractors that’s it everyone it was all inspiring. If , I could bring everyone with you I would that’s why these posts are so long. How quickly we forget every day noise of life, Things like traffic and jams schedules and nasty people doing bad things to other people. This country tends to wash our soul of stuff like that it’s very healing.So far this trip has reinforced to me how great America is and how beautiful our American flag is when displayed over the magnificent beauty of our American west. Today more than anything I want to just take in this great western down it’s, 1140am and I’m about to post I still can’t get out of bed and pepper is sound asleep this is not like me, by the way, To those who are inflicted get off the damn couch and get outside if I can do it you can do it and the rewards are greater than you’ll ever know. I position myself due south of Sweet grass Montana this is the entry I’ll make into Canada on my way to Alaska so I’m perfectly set up for the next big push

12-May-19
The Barta get off the couch expedition it’s been a long week and a tremendous amount of miles coveredI finally arrived at Lewistown Montana and visited my dear friend Vaughn Esper he’s a rancher, a real estate developer, a fisherman and Hunter a guide and one of the greatest man I’ve had the privilege to know stayed at the local campground he showed me the town and we went fishing for two days on some very beautiful rivers Vaughn caught a nice small brown trout to be released on my bamboo flyrod which made my heart soar I had five bites but missed everyone of them it’s all a matter of timing. The water in Lewistown is the finest water anywhere in the world it comes out of the spring literally out of the ground about 2 miles out of town and the river which it feeds is great fishing and available to the public this water is 99% pure and the entire town drinks it as it comes out of the ground truly amazing I’ve visited the fishery you can see pictures that I enclosewe fished at a A reservoir and and tried hard for about two hours again I had two great bites but lost him and young man specifically trying to catch a gator muski he was throwing a 10 weight fly rod with a big streamer right in front of Vaughn and I We watchedlI him catch the fish of a lifetime 38 to 40 inch gator we helped him land the fish yelled words of encouragement I got my picture taken with him he watched all my shows when he was young he was a fine young man it was the greatest trophy of his career and I got to watch. Isn’t it funny in life you can catch the largest blue Marlin never swim in the ocean but if you can’t share it with the ones that you like love or just meet somehow it doesn’t cut the mustard. Drove most the day got to Sweet grass Montana and crossed into Alberta Canada I am officially on my way to Alaska clearing customs I walked into the building and a man knew me from the grizzly I took in Bella Coola they walked me through customs very quickly and finally woman wrapped her arms around me and gave me a hug and said Tred welcome to Canada I burst out in tears.The truth be known this trip has been much much harder that I have ever imagined I have fallen out of my wheelchair seven timesI have a lot of bruises and scars which I am constantly taking care of most of the travel parks have a grass and gravel and mud which makes it extremely frustrating hooking up at night. Everything is harder than I expected including the driving with the trailer I am tired and I am very beat up I always knew I would try my best but I had great doubts whether I would make it to Alaska I know the bravado in writing didn’t say so but the truth be told things are very tough for me to fix the circuit circuit breaker, tighten A battery lead change a tire or for that matter have to use fuel in the back of the truck sometimes seem unsurmountable. I said a prayer today for all those afflicted and I beg you to share my posts with those without them selves and who are sitting on the couch.The campsite that I am reportingFrom is that left Bridge Canada Alberta, not more than 5 miles from where I slept last night the old Indian tribes drove the buffalo off cliffs so they could collect meat and hides we are all far apart but we are all so connected, thank you so much for your kind comments today I charge forward to Edmonton Alberta and then onto the Alcan highway to Alaska, I am still very much in the game and and pepper and I are ready for another long day talk with you tonight or tomorrow there is a very good chance that my mystery woman via Internet and I will meet soon this is the woman who is way too good to be true to start with she is beautiful she hunts she fishes loves all types of motorsports, she does a man’s job in a man’s world and proved time and time again or value I don’t know how it’s possible to fall in love with someone you haven’t ever met but I think I have I also think it helps me tremendously on the strip it gives me confidence it dries me forwardHad more important than that it holds my heart and gentle hands it’s a nice feeling to be liked and respected and even loved by someone even if you haven’t met them

12-May-19
He is amazing. Just inspirational beyond words. Unreal.

12-May-19
Wow is all I can say right now!!! Go Tred and god bless you!!! Hunter

14-May-19
The Barta get off the couch expedition…… Yesterday I truly was in the Lords hand and almost saw My redeemer in the big house I almost died it was a beautiful day driving I put in mega hours they were scatter small thunderstorms in the area it was blowing 25 to 30 kn all day and all the roads were busy and saw many other travel trailers I was in the hammer lane when it appeared that I lost my steering my left wheel or should I say my left side felt like there was no pressure, I looked in the rearview mirror and the trailer was 35% completely off the ground the left side wheels were in the air, there were big cliffs on both sides so going off the road was impossible and certainly I would’ve been dead, I knew that this was it ,this is the way I was meant to go of course this thought happened in a microsecond, what’s funny is I was OK with it I didn’t want to die being hit by a milk truck I wanted to go out being attacked by a grizzly, or something spectacular like this, I immediately turned a hard right and again thank God there were three lanes the trailer went back on the ground I regained my steering and pulled over the side of the road and took about 10 minutes to recover, I was scared beyond belief. I inspected the trailer and the wheels everything I could and did not go in the trailer it’s funny I didn’t think about it. . I inspected the trailer and the wheels everything I could and did not go in the trailer it’s funny I didn’t think about it. When I got to the oasis Camper spot I open the door and this is what I found, that shower chair on the floor was literally tied down and it broke the straps it looks like a tornado going through the trailer. The oasis Trailer stop is nothing more than gravel and close by the gate in the fence not a plant not an amenity insight but it sure was an oasis. Most people have no idea how beautiful America is and I have flown over this area and into this area many times but when you drive it and you see it first hand we live in an amazing world. I’m going to say something which is in my head and I know it’s politically incorrect, anyone who does not believe in God needs too this world did not happen by itself our Lord is so incredibly magnificent by the way he knows each one of us individually and yesterday was not my day To die, today is a spectacular day for me I leave in an hour and a half I will cross into British Columbia like the movie said you’ve come a long way pilgrim, Yesterday I saw my first sign this way to Alaska first time I’d seen the name ,today is a huge D.ay I have much more behind me in distance than I have in front of me. Nothing in life can be done without risk for those afflicted get off the couch and live, get off the couch and do the things you don’t think you can do, I have usually have a problem with my feet but after all falling out of a wheelchair or seven times in two weeks what do you expect I am talking to my doctors and I’m getting some good advice, I have developed the special love for my dog pepper he’s a Republican and fights hard for Second Amendment rights. I never expected this trip to be this hard it seems like everything I do from morning tonight takes everything I have sometimes I have no idea where the strength comes from I really don’t, The truth is I have cried a lot on this trip In frustration, sometimes loneliness, and sometimes just the fact that I can’t share it with another human being next to me, this is hard to admit in public however it’s the truth but also I Have been in awe o many times of gods creation my heart is full of joy, life is hard, and nothing worthwhile is not hard, just preparing for this trip was hard, so everyone on the couchHard is good, Harde is part of life and without hard it cannot be joy. In so many ways this is been the trip of a lifetime and it hasn’t even started yet. Another day another adventure I will report tomorrow or tonight from British Columbia I hope no more microbursts

• Sitka Gear