Treeline 24-May-19
Rgiesey 24-May-19
Rgiesey 24-May-19
Rgiesey 24-May-19
Wishedhead 24-May-19
Southern draw 26-May-19
Ron Niziolek 26-May-19
23-May-19
I know many guys/gals have already hunted Coues deer, turkeys, and are now bear hunting in 2019. Since I tend to live vicariously through many on bowsite and some that aren't. I'm curious to what you'll be hunting the remainder of the year and where you'll be pursuing these animals? Pull any coveted goat, sheep, elk or moose tags?

Me... whitetails/hogs here in Ok and elk otc in Colorado. I'm so boring.

23-May-19
I’m with you embry, minus the hogs. You can add a grouse to my list since I had to purchase the small game license to buy a point in CO. ;)

23-May-19
Didn't hunt Coues because ex-GF guilted me after all my fall hunting. That won't happen again. Killed a big tom in NE. Went fly fishing in southern Chile and have been catching lots of trout, walleyes, catfish, bass, etc since. (Caught @40 rainbows each last Wednesday with a visiting Bowsiter I met at P&Y). I love fishing and have so much great fishing here that I get it out of my system before the fall hunting starts.

CO elk, plains deer, hopefully a moose tag, then down for Coues.

23-May-19
Wyoming pronghorn [hopefully 3 tags] - Colorado elk [2 tags] Colorado MD [hopefully 2 tags]. Maybe toss in a Neb deer hunt depending on draw results

23-May-19
I'm still turkey hunting until the end of May, then I'll hunt foam at 3D shoots for a couple months. Fall gets going in August with WY antelope, then elk in either ID or SD (if I get lucky), SD mule deer in either Sept or early Oct, then whitetails for the rest of the year. Still a few draws to complete to see where I end up chasing deer/elk.

23-May-19
Pretty sure I'll pull a WY antelope tag, very little chance of striking it rich on sheep in NV/AZ. So most likely just deer/Turkey in IA and maybe muleys in NE.

23-May-19
NWT moose, CO rmbs, MX dbhs, CO lion. With just a very slim chance to draw something in NV, MT, AZ, CA

23-May-19
I'm boring too. Gonna hunt CO OTC in early September this year. Then deer all fall at home.

I'm still waiting on some draw results, but very unlikely I'll draw. I was really careful with dates this year because my wife and I have a 2 week trip planned in October.

Wish it was more, but that's it for now.

23-May-19
Oregon for Columbian Blacktail, and just local whitetail hunting for me.

23-May-19
I’ll be hunting $$$$ to pay the bills!!!!! Spending more time with the kids this season down here, enjoy hunting with them more than anything. Put in for points this year, not making any trips.

23-May-19
Finished up Black Bear in BC a couple weeks ago. In August I'll be hunting Fannin Sheep in the Yukon and October I'll be hunting Bighorns in Alberta. Hopefully, I won't draw anything this year... ;) If I could only hunt sheep and bears the rest of my life, I'd be a happy camper.

23-May-19
Didn't draw anything this year yet. I'll be hunting deer so far in ND, both rifle and bow, and hopefully Bighorn (HAHA) and maybe Pronghorn. Shot two nice toms this Spring already though.

23-May-19
Wyo LE elk. Maybe RP doe antelope. A little whitetail hunting at home on the weekends.

23-May-19
Jason (No Mercy)...That's the one tag (ND Bighorn) (well, that and MT Bighorn), I wouldn't be disappointed in drawing this year. ;)

23-May-19
Stay away from my sheep tag KOTA!

23-May-19
Just off for the week and heading out for an overnighter looking for bears. My friend drew a California bighorn tag and my dad drew bull moose where I got my mine in 2007, really looking forward to helping with those. And regular Idaho otc opportunities this fall in the panhandle. Good luck out there.

23-May-19
Wyoming chasing elk last two weeks of September. Couple trips to SD in October and December pheasant hunting with my golden. Probably climb in a treestand for a bit in between. Little man will be over a year this fall so I likely won't hunt a ton around home other than pheasants (can take him with in a backpack), don't want to miss anything.

23-May-19
OTC elk, plains deer, southern Michigan whitetail, and maybe some late season Nebraska whitetail. Possibly antelope to kick off the archery season.

23-May-19
Antelope in CO in August, ( no Elk tag for sept yet but I am still working on it). Last week of sept Woodland Caribou and moose in NF, Iowa in November, Mule deer in jan. Hopefully I pick up another tag to throw into the mix as well but its doubtful.

23-May-19
I killed my December mulie in Arizona, killed a few gobblers in Colorado, New Mexico and Texas. I've got plans for Colorado antelope, Colorado mule deer, Colorado black bear, and Colorado elk. I've got land owner vouchers in New Mexico for elk if I want them, heading Texas in November for whitetails and exotics, then to Arizona again in December. We chased lion last winter, killed a few lions, worked my new dogs and had a lot of fun. I didn't get to hunt much last fall because of my sick mom, but I'll make up for it this year.

23-May-19
Sat out Coues deer this year in January but may slip down there if things work out. Not chasing bear or turkeys this spring.

Headed to New Orleans next week with the wife and hope to get into some redfish and specks.

Obviously need to go see Jaquomo....

Drew a good limited entry elk tag in Wyoming and a goat tag in Colorado so far.

Waiting to set the rest of the year’s schedule for draw results in Colorado for moose with max points and lots of points for MT, NV, and AZ for sheep tags...

23-May-19
Grizzly and Black Bears until the end of June, then some salmon fishing in July. Caribou the first week of August, then focus on my Dall Sheep Delta CUA permit from Aug 10 until Mid Sep. Fly out Moose hunt in mid Sep then to the AK Peninsula for Brown Bear in Oct. I have a great Mountain Goat permit that I hope to hunt any free weekend I can find up until late Nov. Then Kodiak in November for deer and hopefully some Montana whitetails in Dec.

23-May-19
Coastal black bear on the Kenai in August followed by a management mule deer hunt in the Henry Mountains. Rutting whitetails in Indiana to finish the year. Still waiting on a few western draws, but lottery odds on everything remaining.

23-May-19
I'll be hunting for the elusive PA Late Season Spring Gobbler with a fellow bowsiter the next 2 days............................we've been trying to kill a bird together for the last couple years, but by this time in the season it can be tough! (as always though, we'll have a blast trying......................................... ;-)

23-May-19
I had a bit of a slow start (for me). But have been to Argentina (in March) for red stag, and Oklahoma and Kansas turkeys. Leaving for 2 weeks to Australia chasing water buffalo and axis deer the second week of June. August Colorado antelop Hunt. September, 2.5 weeks in BC in search of the Wiley mountain goat and a moose. Then Kodiak AK blacktails in November. Florida Aligator in December. And Arizona mule deer in January.

I don’t have anything (except OK Whitetails) planed for October but I’m open to suggestions! ;)

Throw in Pope and Young convention last month, and a July long weekend in Utah at the Total Archery Challenge, makes for a pretty busy year!

Good luck to everyone on all the adventures!

—Jim

23-May-19
^^^Damn, Jim you are living the dream! Heck with Charlie's saying, take the trip of lifetime every month if you can! Ha!

23-May-19
I leave for New Brunswick Canada for bears next week and in September I’ll have a 2 week DIY moose hunt in Alaska

23-May-19
Jim must be single....

23-May-19
Caught a couple sturgeon and kept a 50 incher from Minnesota which is a 1st time ever for me was pretty cool. Got a 29 1/4"hog walleye in the boat already this year which is nice and looking forward to summertime fishing, one big walleye tournament again, and then I'll be looking forward to the fall.

I'm really looking forward to whitetails at home this year. For some reason I can feel it in my bones that it's gonna be a good year. I'll also have a turkey tag and maybe pick up a bear tag for the fall. My "big trip" this year is going to be mulies stateside.

23-May-19
Will be fun to come back and reference this thread in December and update a bit on these hunts.

I'll especially be watching for the SHEEP threads this season, they do peak my interest. Best of luck to everyone!

23-May-19
Hell, forgot to add in my post:

Elk hunting in Wyoming with a buddy I met on the Bowsite almost 20 years ago.

Hoping to combine my goat hunt with a Bowsiter or two... working on details:-)

Planning to go redfish fishing with another Bowsiter in Louisiana.

And damn sure need to go fishing with Jaquomo!

23-May-19
Starting the spring migration to Alaska tomorrow. Won’t do much hunting until the fishing season is wrapped up. Maybe a quick bear trip or two the first half of June. Once we park the boats I’ve got 3 weeks of September to play in Southeast with deer, bear and moose tags in the pocket. Migrate back south the first week of October. North Dakota muleys are first up. Might squeeze in a Nebraska hunt if NoDak goes quick. Hopefully get to jump in on my dad and uncle’s WY cow and pronghorn trips somewhere in there. Kansas deer for the end of October and first couple weeks of November. Arizona elk the second half of November. Tag along with some buddies/family on Kansas rifle hunts. Take a few weeks off to chase pheasants and partake in the holidays. Then back to Arizona for Coues.

That’s the plan anyway Rick! :)

23-May-19
- Antelope in Wyoming (if I draw a tag) - Whitetails in my home state of Illinois - Coues deer in Mexico with Wards Outfitters in January - South Africa next July

23-May-19
Hell of a plan KB! Best of luck!!

23-May-19
Living the dream, Kaleb. Very nice!

Nick, you going after those sheep with your bow?

23-May-19
Your’s too Nick! Good luck as well. I’ll keep an eye out for big peninsula bears when I’m out at the Bay!

23-May-19
KB, I remember meeting you at P&Y telling stories about running nets. Damn, son, you'll be able to write a book when you're my age. Hell, you could probably write a book already! Best of luck young man!

24-May-19
Still so much up in the air with so many draw results still yet to come in.

I’ve spent the past 2 days packing my sheep hunting gear for shipping. I’m flying back into the Brooks a couple days before opener so I can be out there on opener. I’ll have 2 weeks and if I don’t kill and if I don’t don’t draw anything, I’ll go back for the closing 10 days of season after working for 2 weeks.

This will be on the heels of fishing for Silvers with my daughters.

Other than that, it’s up in the air. This is the longest I’ve gone without drawing a LE tag in nearly a decade. Sept will be who knows what. Hopefully my sheep tag will be filled. Maybe I’ll draw a September tag? Maybe I’ll hunt moose/caribou. Maybe I’ll hunt CO OTC for elk. Not sure. This’ll probably be the first year since 2010 that I haven’t hunted elk and I’m pretty upset about that.

One thing I do know I’m doing is taking my dad to Western Iowa for his white tail hunt. I may hunt WTs in NE, but this is his hunt. I’ll have both my daughters hunting mule deer in CA in Nov. I may hunt WT or not. Nov might just be family hunting. I could pick up any number of tags including a CO tag or NV and have a Nov tag.

October and December I work.

January I’ll hunt Coues for the 6th year running (addicted) unless I hit the lottery and draw a CA sheep tag.

24-May-19
I’m boring this year with the job change, I’ll go otc archery elk, muzzleloader antelope, and first rifle elk. Hoping to add my normal deer hunt back in and a unit 61 bear next year though!

24-May-19
Aug. - guiding sheep and caribou hunts in AK

Sept. - I'm hunting Colorado archery Elk

Oct- guiding 2 mtn. goat hunts in AK

Oct- I'm hunting rifle NM elk

Nov.- I'm hunting 4th season Colorado mule deer (hopefully)

24-May-19
Last year I hunted deer twice and elk only once.

So this year I'm going after the elk with a WY general tag, which I'll hunt 2-3 weeks. Then a late archery elk tag in AZ for 2-3 weeks. I'm still trying but doubt that I'll hunt anything else cool.

Of course I'll also be hunting whitetails for 3 months at home and doing a bunch of saltwater fishing this summer.

24-May-19
Get the summer rolling in a few weeks here with TAC in SD.

Then its September WY mulies and CO elk.

Oct is back to WY for Antelope.

Nov will be WI whitetail.

Barring some extreme luck in a draw, that will be my year. Can't wait!

24-May-19
My usual, elk then moose then whitetails, taking a break now post bear season, catching up on yard work and working some OT, might dust the boat off next weekend and do some fishing

24-May-19
Thanks Nick (midwest)! I remember parts of that conversation. Mainly Ike flashing his phone around, haha!! One of these days I’ll document some of my travels. Maybe a Bowsite thread is in order this fall.

24-May-19
Looks like a BUNCH of bowsite threads are in order this fall!

24-May-19
"Maybe a Bowsite thread is in order this fall."

Hell, yes, please.

Agreed Rick.

24-May-19
Jan was AZ Coues deer (followup in Dec), April & May BC black bears (one down & one tag left, holding out for the big one). CA Tule Elk in Aug. BC Mt Caribou in later Aug. Nunavut Central Barren Ground Caribou in Sept. More BC Mt Caribou in Oct.

Possibly some BC OTC bighorn hunting if I have time and a bit of deer hunting. Really looking forward to grouse & chukar hunting with the Vizsla. Down to OR & WA for a few bird hunts too....Huns, quail and pheasants.

24-May-19
Some great adventures planned. Completed: Wilderness Tahr in NZ this past Feb. was a blast. Upcoming: AZ velvet coues with Wards in late Aug. WY Pronghorn in early Sept. WY Elk Mid Sept AK for annual Salmon fishing trip late Sept. AB Moose early Oct. UT Mule Deer late Oct.

24-May-19
Good luck to you all on whatever adventure you have planned! Fishing around home for me until September. Then will start with a few days of whitetails around home before heading to AK for moose. Finish off the last couple days in Sept with whitetails at home again. Hope to head to western NE for muleys in Oct. Hunt the whitetail rut hard around home. Take the nephews on their rifle hunts here in NE, then on to the late season whiteys. Waiting until next spring to head back to Ontario for bear.

24-May-19
Headed up to Canada walleye fishing in June.

WY archery elk, September.

September, MN archery deer.

End of September, Saskatchewan Goose and Duck.

Back to WY mid October, rifle elk (if not successful with bow, that is).

Late October South Dakota pheasant.

November, MN Rifle deer.

End of November into December, MN muzzle loader deer.

MN archery deer till the end of December.

24-May-19
Rick, I have three sheep hunts planned this fall to fill my permit and I'm hoping that's enough time to finally arrow one.

24-May-19
Bowfishing and backcountry fishing in Florida next month.

White tails here in Ohio Oct. and Nov.

Whiteys, Rios and hogs in Texas the first week of January.

Colorado Mt. Lion the third week of January.

Best of luck this year guys!

24-May-19
Look forward to hearing about your hunts, Nick. Best of luck on your adventures.

24-May-19
Hell, yeah Nick!

Hope you arrow a bomber!

Lots of awesome adventures planned above! Hope to get to see some pictures and read about all the fun!

Good luck everyone!

24-May-19
Leaving right now to hunt bears in Ontario. Got a short hunt for Coues deer in az. Kaleb if you’re going through kamloops stop and see Kurt. Luke will give you info.

24-May-19
Leaving right now to hunt bears in Ontario. Got a short hunt for Coues deer in az. Kaleb if you’re going through kamloops stop and see Kurt. Luke will give you info.

24-May-19

24-May-19
Still hoping for a Colorado moose tag- ya right

Montana breaks archery elk Wisconsin Whitetail’s Hopefully Iowa Whitetail’s Maybe Wyoming leftover antelope with my daughter Iowa gun deer with the kids

26-May-19
I managed to tag a Nebraska turkey last week and have a area 7 Wyoming elk tag in my pocket for September. Then Whitetail’s in KY For November . Good luck Nick with the Sheep.

26-May-19
August - deer and caribou on Kodiak, antelope in WY. September - Wyoming mule deer, elk, bear and wolf. Also spend time with Palmquist with his lucky elk tag. November - CO plains mule deer. December - mountain lion. January - coues in AZ.

• Sitka Gear