Nick Muche 03-Jun-19
Mule Power 04-Jun-19
IdyllwildArcher 04-Jun-19
huntinelk 04-Jun-19
SteveB 04-Jun-19
trophyhill 04-Jun-19
Nick Muche 10-Jun-19
03-Jun-19
On a recent N BC black bear hunt, my InReach texts sent to my wife and family did NOT include my location link as they had previously. In contacting Garmin, it turns out I had to turn on a setting in the Earthmate App that links the InReach to the iPhone. Earthmate made a programming change a few months ago, and apparently including your location link is not the default anymore, due to privacy concerns (from Apple).

To correct or at least verify your location is on, go to Earthmate on the phone, next to the "Options" function, then "Messages", finally turn on the "Include Location" function.

Good hunting!

03-Jun-19
I leave mine off, but if I wanted to show the location there is a little button you can hit on your phone when typing a message that will allow it to come on for each individual text. So when I want someone to know my location, I just hit it for that message and they'll see the location.

03-Jun-19
Hey Nick if you aren’t using yours when I come up can I use it? My pilot requires all hunters to have one.

03-Jun-19
I leave mine off too for a reason, but definitely good info to know about the update!

03-Jun-19
Thanks Kurt! I just turned it on via the Earthmate App

Thumb up!

03-Jun-19
thx

03-Jun-19
Mule, if you are coming up from Apr 15th - November 15th, there will be a 100% chance I'll be using it :) I take mine everywhere because I have a $35/month village plan for a cell phone, so I get service basically no where once I leave town.

04-Jun-19
Got it. Do you know if anyone rents them ?

04-Jun-19
A few years ago, Nick gave me this advice: "Buy one. No brainer."

In hindsight, he was 100% correct.

04-Jun-19
$299 on camofire today

04-Jun-19
Don't leave home without it!

04-Jun-19
I typically hunt where cell phones don't work. The InReach almost gives me the piece of mind that my .45 gives me ;)

I get the unlimited text plan for the month of September.

10-Jun-19
No photos Bloodtrail, but I'd guess the technology cannot be that far off.

• Sitka Gear