scentman 14-Jun-19
Gerald Martin 15-Jun-19
shiloh 15-Jun-19
ELKMAN 15-Jun-19
Bob H in NH 15-Jun-19
TREESTANDWOLF 15-Jun-19
Beartrack 15-Jun-19
07-Jun-19
So all you love struck hunters, have you ever been affected on a hunt by a significant other? If so, do you have your "alpha" back?

07-Jun-19
Was a time I went on an elk hunt with the thought of never coming home was a dark time in my younger life that involved a failed relationship alcohol and just in general depression... yes life is significantly better today, if that’s what you meant?

07-Jun-19
There were many hunts when I left home without a weapon but had successful hunts. Sometimes on the best hunts, you bring back nothing but memories. I rememer those hunts like it was yesterday.

07-Jun-19
"In your life, there will be times you get screwed and kissed. And there will be times you get screwed without getting kissed. Expect life to have more of the latter. Life will be easier if the woman you marry is more inclined toward the former." Grandma Harriet's dating advice, circa 1985.

Maybe not the appropriate response, but that advice that has served me well. I took Grandma's advice and was rewarded with better than I deserve. Never had a hunt messed up by my wife, either while we dated or since married 30 years ago. Every crazy idea I've taken on has been supported 100%.

07-Jun-19
I see them giving me that look all the time, just like I'm a prime piece of meat.

The odd time it might have been the booger flapping in and out that got their attention.

07-Jun-19
Simple rule: If you mess up my hunting season, you get replaced.

That gets rid of a lot of problems.

08-Jun-19
Don't be shy Bake! This thread is not meant for confessions! Rather to let all know that it's ok if things don't work out! And all of you who haven't had issues, don't let it affect your future hunts!

08-Jun-19
yup..sure has

08-Jun-19
Lol BK & Ambush

08-Jun-19
Yes Fubar, that's what I mean!

08-Jun-19
Chief and BF, great responses!

08-Jun-19
Myvanswer is not until the very last day of my Gila hunt last year. I can tell you it won't happen again! I gave up a day of hunting elk (last day) for a woman who did not stand the test of time. Short lived as it was, she was/is fine, has a job, but had a hold on me that no other ever had, even though in the end, she was just a squeeze! I will never cut a hunt short over a woman again! Even if it's only a day!

08-Jun-19
Have dropped several very hot girl friends to hunt.

Can always find a replacement...

08-Jun-19
JTV and Treeline, classic!

08-Jun-19
Not with the current one, had a Girlfriend between marriages that was a pain in the ass, but she was hotter than the hunting where I lived then so it wasn't all bad!

08-Jun-19
Treeline uses the classic "I'm going hunting and if you don't like it, there will be a different set of tits hanging over that sink by tomorrow."

08-Jun-19
One that failed thought I had died....

Hell, I was only gone 3 months!

08-Jun-19
I am a more successful hunter thanks to my Wife. She has greatly increased my success and there is not another person I would rather have with me in the field...

08-Jun-19
You’re Blessed coelker! Congratulations!

08-Jun-19
You’d have to ask them not me, but I have a feeling several women over the years have screwed me mentally.

As for messing with my mind, haven’t had the good fortune yet.

08-Jun-19
“Was a time I went on an elk hunt with the thought of never coming home was a dark time in my younger life that involved a failed relationship alcohol and just in general depression...“

Status quo. BUT...Life is currently “Under Construction” with a great set of blue prints in hand. Oh yeah... and a couple good tags in my pocket. ;^)

08-Jun-19
No, but I've screwed a lot of women.....mentally. :-/

08-Jun-19
"So all you love struck hunters, have you ever been affected on a hunt by a significant other? If so, do you have your "alpha" back?"

- trophyhill, You should define what you mean by "affect" because my first thought was, "if not, you're either not hunting enough or you are in a relationship with a woman who is not worthy of altering hunting plans." Given your second question, I assume you mean the 'significant other' is power tripping, s*!t testing or, otherwise, manipulating the hunter in question. With that understanding, no, I've never experienced that.

08-Jun-19
HaHa!

Ya beat me to it Nick...…

Good luck, Robb

08-Jun-19

kscowboy's embedded Photo
kscowboy's embedded Photo
I think you just need to hire this guy. Problem solved.

08-Jun-19
That's brillant. lol

08-Jun-19
When we first started dating had a Pheasant hunt planned for South Dakota she said if you go I won’t be here when you get back I told her don’t let the door hit you in the ass that never happened again. We’ve been married for 35 years so it must’ve worked. But it seemed like every time I left town something would happen. Was on a fishing trip to Lake Erie one spring waterline going to refrigerator broke water ran through sheet rock in the basement. Called me freaking out told her to shut the main off got a buddy over there that fixed it . Same trip son was 17 his girlfriends mom found a pack of condoms in her daughters purse. So dad took my son out in the country and got over the top aggressive with him. So I had to call him and we had a little heart to heart conversation to to put it mildly. Seemed like every time and would leave town sh”” would happen.

08-Jun-19
It is a great question an so is the opposite.................

Have you ever put hunting ahead of a relationship and ended up surrounded by mounts and been lonely due to not investing time and commitment to the relationship.

I have talked with a lot of guys in various camps and boy can they tell a hunting story, decades of hunting stories, but when you hear about their lives outside of the pursuit of their hobby they are really messed up dudes.

who is going to be there to carry your coffin?

08-Jun-19
my favorite saying;

"No matter how good looking they are somewhere some other guy is sick of their Sh**!"

08-Jun-19
There has to be the perfect blend. Both you and your spouse should know when you are needed at home and when you are not.

If my wife would ever tell me to not hunt for a reason she'd be right.

08-Jun-19
My buddies will carry my coffin, Bou.

I don’t know about traditions in your neck of the woods, but wives don’t normally act as pall bearers.

I know what you were getting at, though.

I’m gonna talk to the wife about deboning me and dropping my remains in some meat bags which can go in one of my packs. She can pack me out.

08-Jun-19
Better find out what the “evidence of sex” regs are first, orionsbrother! She might be really pissed if she has to pack you out, AND gets a citation too!

08-Jun-19
T-roy, he’s married, there’s clearly no evidence of sex! Ha!

When you get yourself a good one two things happen: 1. They know what’s important to you and don’t interrupt that time. 2. At the end of a hunt you are excited to see them because you know you have a good one!

08-Jun-19

BTM's embedded Photo
BTM's embedded Photo

08-Jun-19
Most bowhunters I know are either happily married or divorced. No in between. For you young bucks, just tell her you're going hunting, don't ask her if you can go hunting. This will eliminate a lot of problems after you tie the knot.

08-Jun-19
What the actual fu€* has happened to the Bowsite? Is this thread really about how you feel about a woman when your away on a hunt? Come to think of it, there was this little blonde with the big rack, she did a number on me right before that Elk hunt back in ‘93. I had to coiff my vagina hair into the shape of a deer track just to get her off my mind. God, I think we’re all effing doomed...

08-Jun-19
It's about priorities. There's been several times I've got home early from a hunt for a few days to see the wife and kids, rest for a day or two and then head back home. Big deal. As much as some of you hate to admit, the are some things that's a lil more important than hunting. Had some clients one year chasin January mule deer in New Mexico with me, and Sunday morning, it involved a two hour drive into town, church, and a lunch with the family. It was their hunt, and if they wanted to give up a day of chasin mulies for church, then that's what we were gonna do. Maybe it was because I loved my wife that giving up a day or two of hunting to spend a weekend with her was a lil more important. It's called priorities. Maybe because I was willing to give up a day or two was the reason I was able to hunt over 100 days a year.

08-Jun-19
^This.

08-Jun-19

Ambush's embedded Photo
Ambush's embedded Photo

08-Jun-19
Ok Pat, the topic can include inflatable ewes.

08-Jun-19
Look at Pat with the jokes!

08-Jun-19
I was dating a 100% certified chinese psycho back in 2008. Taught her archery and took her on multiple public land deer & turkey hunts. But then made the mistake of taking her to New Mexico on a unit 52 archery elk hunt. She was in great shape and kept up, but turned out to be ten days of mind games and babysitting. And blown stalks due to her idiocy. Now that it's much tougher to draw tags there, I regret wasting that opportunity. But in the end it was a learning experience and makes me appreciate all the more my current wife who does not hunt, but is definitely not psycho. And she supports my hunting stuff 100%. Been 5 years now and very happy with her. Alpha fully restored.

08-Jun-19
Lots of puffed up feathers here, but Brotsky and Buglmin nailed it. When I came home with an unfilled bighorn sheep tag after three weeks on the mountain, she kicked me outta the house the next day and told me to go antelope hunting cause the sheep had mentally wrecked me.

08-Jun-19
You’re right Scoot. Fishing is pretty damn important too :-)

08-Jun-19
A buddy told me about an Uncle he had that use to tell him, "just use hookers, it'll be cheaper in the long run!". So true! Married now to a wonderful woman who gets me so no issues but I do think his words are so true.

08-Jun-19
First year I was married, my wife would sometimes get up with me, make breakfast, my lunch, give me a kiss and go back to bed. The one Saturday I drove up with one buddy and another bud drove separate. Around noon we meet for lunch, I open mine and there is a note. As I read the note, let's just say it was waaaay past R rated. Closed everything up, told my bud that rode up with me, I'm leaving you need to ride home with Dan. They're both good natured guys and gave me a ration of crap. Got home, wifey is like "Where the hell have you been? " Ahhhh, to be 24 again!!

08-Jun-19
So 4 of us stayed in my friend's cabin and hunted opening weekend for about 20 years. Couple years ago my friend [who owns the cabin ] said "I can't go this year, wife laid down the law and she really means it" "No way. you're the leader and it's your cabin" I said. "Sorry" he said, "I really can't go, but you guys can still use the cabin." So reluctantly my buddies and I prepared for the hunt and drove up the evening before opener. When we arrived our friend was there, fire going, steaks on the grill. We were elated and asked how he it pulled it off. "Well" he said "when I came home for lunch today my wife was waiting at the door in the skimpiest negligee ever!" She said "I feel really bad for not letting you go hunting and I want to make it up to you." "Follow me" she said as she lead me to the bedroom. She laid spread eagle on the bed and handed me 4 pieces of velvet rope. "Tie my arms and legs to the bedposts" she said. So I did and when I was finished she gave me a sultry look and said 'Now do whatever you want"...........So I got in the truck and drove up here.

08-Jun-19
The outdoors is my life and in over 47 years I've never had a word of complaint for hunting too much from my wife... what I have going for me though is that she's Cree (Native Canadian) and we live in the north where she was born.

08-Jun-19
Lol great answers :)

08-Jun-19
I figure if I ever meet a woman who can really understand my obsession with bowhunting, or even share it I'll jump. But the odds of that are probably the same as getting a public land 400" bull.

I'll probably die alone in the mountains with a smile on my face.

" I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart."

https://youtu.be/7XvaNpWrzNY

08-Jun-19

TD's embedded Photo
TD's embedded Photo
This.....

08-Jun-19

TD's embedded Photo
TD's embedded Photo
Or..... this.....

08-Jun-19
As I tell my clients, there’s not a person in the world worth killing yourself over! I’m blessed to have a wife that knows how much I enjoy the outdoors and lets me do pretty much whatever I want come hunting season. In return I try not to complain(too much) about family vacations/camping trips all summer. Win win. Plus she loves venison so if I don’t have the freezer full she’s upset with me!

08-Jun-19
That’s what they do

08-Jun-19
I forget who said it but I remember laughing till it hurt.....

"I don't think I'll get married again. I'll just find a woman I don't like and give her a house."

08-Jun-19
TD, that was a line from the song “She got the gold mine, I got the shaft!”

08-Jun-19
Far more often mentally than physically.

08-Jun-19
Life is far too short to deal with women that don't let men be men. If she nags at you for hunting at age 30, you're going to be in for a real treat when she is 65, fat, diabetic, and plagued with all sorts of medical problems. Trust me, I've watched it thousands of times with my patients.

08-Jun-19
My wife is use to me being TAD or deployed somewhere. Being gone isn't the issue....now that I'm retired and she still works full time....getting her to pay for all of my hunting trips is the challenge. :-) In the last few years she has been getting into hunting and already popped a couple of does, helps process the deer, got a CPL, a 9mm M&P, a 7mm-08, a real good shot and fishes pretty good. Heck, I even got vid of her tracking and dragging her first doe out of the woods for a little ways. She's come a long ways since we got married 36-something years ago...ain't got no complaints!! The trade off is I do the grocery shopping, cooking, dishes, house cleaning, laundry, vacuuming plus all the usual outside chores. It's smart business to keep her happy.....

08-Jun-19
I lost a couple hunting buddies after they got married. Lots of solo hunting for me. I’m well aware I defied the drawing odds and tagged a spouse that is OK with me hunting a lot. Heck, she only has a mild panic attack when we ended up adding 4 European mounts to the living room last year.

08-Jun-19
My old landlord in college was almost 90 years old and he always had some great one liners. Here are a couple. “I don’t believe in beating a woman but damn I sometimes wish there was a place you could take them to have it done!”. “Money can’t buy you love but it can buy you something so close to it that you can’t tell the difference!”

08-Jun-19
Career = much of the time.

Hunting = pastime.

Marriage = full time.

Messing with my mind = NO TIME.

08-Jun-19
My wife has been with me for closing in on 40 years!! She has an sickness as in alcoholism but has always been great when it comes to me hunting and fishing and doing whatever I want. Right now, it is mentally tough as she is trying to recover but is actually dying, she needs a liver. The funny thing is she is still saying "don't let me dying screw up your upcoming hunting season I will be fine til winter!" She has been a great girl and I would give up all my hunting to have more time with her and that is something I thought I would never say!! I could not of picked a better women!! Shawn

08-Jun-19
Oh yeah, I was dating a fun girl and I was really into her, but she told me during a discussion/argument about me moving to Los Angeles where she wanted to live that I'd "have to learn to pick my battles better". Well, I drew a hard line in the sand on that one and said that was a battle I was going to pick...and ended up marrying a great girl from Colorado a couple years later, no regrets!

08-Jun-19
I got married at 19. The first time I asked my new wife if I could go fishing, she said ok as long as I was home by noon.

True story.....

08-Jun-19
Over the years I had several gals try to change me and most never made it thru 1 hunting season. My wife is a great one, we had been dating for about 8 months when I packed up and left for 6 weeks of Deer hunting in the mid-west. When I came home she confessed that she thought she was never going to see me again as I was gone for so long. After we were married my step mom asked her one time why she let me go hunting all the time and wanted to know if it bothered her. She told my step mom that I was a hunter and that is what I was doing before we met and that she would never think of trying to stop me. Best wife ever.

08-Jun-19
The trick is to be just annoying enough that she actually looks forward to you being gone for a few weeks at a time.

09-Jun-19
I'm in the same situation as Midwest. I can be gone hunting as long as I want. Ha!

09-Jun-19

Notme's Link
They're all nuts!!!

https://youtu.be/QBqk7SImKGQ

09-Jun-19
....not that I'm aware of....

09-Jun-19
Got an older friend who is on #2......he said to be aware if they start urging you to leave for camp or a hunting trip??

09-Jun-19
My wife is an absolutely essential part of what I do...

09-Jun-19
No doubt in our minds that God has played a big role in Robin and I finding one another and having a great marriage. 38 years next month.

She has been with me on numerous hunts, my first pheasant, deer and turkey. She has too gentle of a spirit to kill anything herself, but loves to eat venison.

09-Jun-19

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo

09-Jun-19

Katahdin's embedded Photo
Katahdin's embedded Photo

09-Jun-19
Only you can screw yourself mentally, think about it for a minute.

09-Jun-19
Let me tell a little story ... my wife was pregnant with our son... and due three weeks prior to an Alberta bear hunt... she was thoughtful enough to wish me luck when I left... I was thoughtful enough to shoot two bears right away so I could return home early...

I can remember climbing into bed next to her at 2 am and thanking her for not giving me crap about going... I also remember her wishing me good luck when I told her I’m running out turkey hunting and I’d see her around 1 pm... Find a good one and mental games aren’t necessary

09-Jun-19
I ended a year long relationship in February largely because she started getting very weird about my hunting. She was a rifle hunter and didnt understand me leaving for weeks at a time. Great woman in many other ways but bowhunting is my passion and the drama wasn't worth it.

09-Jun-19
My late wife used to get my food together so I could leave for hunts as soon as I returned from business trips. Customized my hunting camper. Made my deer and elk hats. Became a gourmet wild game cook even though she was raised in a nonhunting family. Sewed game bags and repaired my hunting clothes. Helped with processing the animals. Encouraged me to stay on the hunt on her birthday and Thanksgiving if I was on a special animal. Arranged my mounts for best view from "her" spot on the couch. She had no interest in hunting but was my biggest supporter.

I became spoiled, and realize I'll likely not find one like her again...

09-Jun-19
Lost my dad in February, wife and I are separating after 20 yrs... bowsite is my escape, I'll get thru just fine.

09-Jun-19

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
Actually, if you’re lucky enough to get the right one she can be your best friend and best hunting buddy ever !

09-Jun-19

gobbler's embedded Photo
gobbler's embedded Photo
Actually, if you’re lucky enough to get the right one she can be your best friend and best hunting buddy ever !

09-Jun-19

Fauntleroy's embedded Photo
She made the hat based off of Lou's late wife's template he posted here years ago. Luckily she looks a little better wearing it than Lou does.
Fauntleroy's embedded Photo
She made the hat based off of Lou's late wife's template he posted here years ago. Luckily she looks a little better wearing it than Lou does.
Like my old man always told me, the right one will make you and the wrong one will break you.

09-Jun-19
Mabye I drank to many beers but wow!! Hopefully I’m reading all this wrong will check back in the morning...Huntingcouples.com

09-Jun-19
June second was my anniversary, going into 30 years of marriage, never a problem about going hunting

10-Jun-19
My wife hates hunting. There's my answer.

10-Jun-19
Yes. Now I just go. 40 years old and I'm the happiest I've ever been. Women will make you miserable if you let them. Never ask them permission - women will treat you amazingly till you start to kowtow to them. Then they will treat you like shit just to see if you'll continue to do so.

10-Jun-19
This should all be worked out before you buy the ring.

10-Jun-19
A man marries a woman believing she’ll never change.

A woman marries a man believing she can change him.

10-Jun-19
Typical fall conversation...

Me: What's up this evening?

Her: Nothing I can think of. I think you should go hunting.

Me: Not sure I want to go. It's hot out and the wind is wrong for I want to sit.

Her: Yeah, but I think you should go hunting and just enjoy it.

Me: Okay. See you at about dark thirty.

Or if it is a big hunt where I will be gone for an extended time.

Her: Eyes filled with tears. I will miss you so much but I want you to have a great time and shoot a big one. Be careful!

But, if she ever wanted or needed me to stay home for any reason I would do it without a second thought.

10-Jun-19
Mine did lay down the law about one thing after last elk season. I had to get an inreach so she knew if I was dead or alive. It may have just been so she could cash in the life insurance sooner knowing I had perished but at least I know she's thinking of me! Ha!

10-Jun-19
I will just say this. I used to not give it much thought about what my wife and family thought about my "adventures." I figured I was doing what I loved and was taking reasonable precautions and I was gonna do what I wanted no matter what my family thought about it.

Well, after a VERY close call last Summer, I am just now fully realizing what my family went thru. Let's just say I never really considered what they went thru when I was out in the Wilderness. After a lot of discussion and soul-searching(on my part) I have a better appreciation now of how they were affected by the ordeal, and as such I am making decisions from now on with this in mind. I feel the Good Lord put it on my heart to be a little more considerate of their feelings than I have been in the past! ;-)

10-Jun-19
Ambush, You left off the last line..... "They're both WRONG!"

10-Jun-19
Missouribreaks is right: only you can screw yourself over mentally.

10-Jun-19

ahunter76's embedded Photo
ahunter76's embedded Photo
I'm on my 3rd. 1st one young & dumb, I was in heat & thought it was love. No problems in the hunting though, she enjoyed it too. I had to buy my way out of that one. 2nd one, she was a wise old gal & took me for everything I had, house on a private golf course I had built, new car, pool & all the other things worth a dime.(one son that I paid child support & everything else for him (that was my responsibility). I also paid maintenance 32 years until she pissed me off & I had a judge say, THIS ends today, he's paid more/longer than he should have. Both these marriages ended the 5th & 6th year. Still, no problems in hunting as they both enjoyed. So, I stay single for 21 years & I was a whore. Now, married to a gal 22 years, nearly 10 years younger & it's all good. She doesn't hunt but does go with at times as shes big into photography & enjoys the outdoors. She actually encourages me to go as she loves wild game. I had a great mom & she said to me b/4 she passed, You have given away twice what most only get once in the life. I'll never be rich but the man upstairs has seen that I am comfortable. I look back & say, I have done nearly everything I wanted in bowhunting & things many will only dream of. I am blessed.. Women are complicated & it takes work from both to make it work.. My son has an understanding & bowhunting wife so we share many adventures together.

10-Jun-19
Brotsky..... I'm not sure the life insurance will kick in if they can't find a body...... or so I'm told....

10-Jun-19
Marriage is like a deck of Cards--In the beginning all you need is two hearts and a diamond!! By the end You wish you had a club and a spade!! Shawn

10-Jun-19
I won't say that a woman has messed with my head while on a hunt, but I sure "let" one mess me up for a while, and that includes a few hunts that I was miserable on!

I am now blessed with a truly amazing wife that has never even hinted that I shouldn't do what I truly love doing, and has never "messed with my head while hunting" She enjoys being out with me as well, but not really for the hunt, maybe just the fellowship. In my book, that is what is really important! She is my best friend and my entire world!

10-Jun-19
: Eyes filled with tears. Lol. That will be the day. Shawn, that is the best post Ive ever seen from you.

10-Jun-19
+100 Shawn!

10-Jun-19
Shawn, that is some funny Shiznit, any very true... In some cases:/

10-Jun-19
One time my wife said "You are lucky I let you go hunting as much as you do". At the time I believed her.

After busting her adultery, she somehow had me believing her affair was my fault.

7 years (divorced) years later I'm happy without her and also happy with the face I see in the mirror every morning.

10-Jun-19
If you believe in God, women have been screwing men since day 1!! If you don’t believe in God, disgruntled guys have been making up stories about women screwing with men’s head since day 1! Haha

10-Jun-19
God gave man a brain and a penis. Unfortunately, he only gave him enough blood to run one at a time.

10-Jun-19
Midwest I just LOL’d so effing loud!

11-Jun-19
God put some men's brain in their head, the rest, its in their penis.

11-Jun-19
Well it's definitely no surprise a lot of marriages fail. A partnership isn't a dictatorship. If you don't like that, then yes, being single is best for you. But man, the love and experiences a complete family with children can provide are something I wouldn't trade for anything.

11-Jun-19
Spot on APauls. Agree.

11-Jun-19
It all starts with the interview.

11-Jun-19
If it has tits or tires, there's going to be problems eventually......

11-Jun-19
Introduced my city girl to hunting, though she never hunted she would help drag one out, hold a Tom bird posing for a pic, call in some crows just for the heck of it... never a problem with my hunting just a problem with me over the yrs I guess. Still the best of friends just can't live with each other, we do still love and care for each other also, which eases the pain some. If you loved em once you still love em in some manner... don't hate you will never move on.

11-Jun-19
C’mon Adam. We’re all absolutely as tough as we say and think we are.

When I got married thirty eight years ago, we had some agreements. At least one night a week out with the boys was one of them. But that becomes two and often three until it’s in the bar every day after work. There was resentment and something had to give!

So finally I put my foot down and demanded she go back to only one night out with the boys.

Been good ever since.

11-Jun-19
Had been married about a year when my wife went to a wedding shower for one of her friends. Kinda joking about my hunting when one of the older ladies quips "Oh honey. With all the things men can get into be glad yours is into hunting." She will still let me know when I overdo it, and those few times I look back and agree. I'm definitely getting more time as the kids get older though too.

11-Jun-19
Marriage and kids aren't for everyone and there's nothing wrong with that, either.

11-Jun-19
I've got a pretty dang good one. Yeah, she gives me some crap from time to time. But overall, pretty dang supportive. Any crap I catch, I probably deserve, as I am a selfish individual (I'm happy to admit it). My brother often tells people that I've never done anything I didn't want to do. And my parents have let me march to the beat of my own drummer since I was little. Even my wife tells people "It's his world, I'm just living in it."

I often tell people I've spent my entire life, 37 years, creating low expectations in people.

Fortunately, that has worked with my wife too. She has very low expectations of me :)

11-Jun-19
No Mercy, are you referring to them going flat?

I've been with the same lady for 49 years, 44 of them married. I'm with Adam, and to add, it's a partnership with a hell of a lot of benefits. Lots of you have met mine up at camp and a bunch of you asked if she had a sister. There's a reason for that, hard to find one that's grounded I hear. I hope what ever started this thread works it's self out for you.

11-Jun-19
My ex drove me nuts. Always thought hunting was something you grew out of. Was married to her when I had undiagnosed Lymes for that miserable 2 1/2 years and some othe r unexplained health issues. The disease helped end the poor excuse for a marriage. I think of all the great outings I would have missed if I was still married to that vindictive wench. Counselor many years later pondered did you possibly think she may have poisoned you as well?? Yeah, she had other clients who experienced such things.

Current spouse used to bowhunt with me before we were married 23 years ago. Doesn't care for deer hunts but still loves to turkey hunt. Sometimes when we get bored in the blind, well..... WE ARE Married.

My brother and hunting buddy told me a story about one of his clients who hunted a lot but was still married, about 50 years or so.. He said, "know why why we are still married?? Cause she won't die!!!" He about choked when the wife came in during the service call. Brave dude as she likely overheard that..

14-Jun-19
Over the years I've had several girlfriends that didn't make it thru hunting season. Lately I've just accepted that that's the way it's going to be...

I was married once and my hunting was the least of her problems. And btw, I don't like her and I bought her a house...

Back in 2006 I was in a relationship with a beautiful, wonderful woman who fully supported my hunting. I was planning to leave soon for a solo elk hunt in Idaho when she got sick. She ended up in surgery and had a brain tumor removed on the day I was supposed to leave. Of course I didn't go. The surgery was successful and after recovery she insisted that I go to Idaho; she knew how much I was looking forward to it. She was a Nurse Practitioner and most of her close friends were either doctors or nurses, including her mother and sister in law. They all assured me that she was in good hands and urged me to go on my hunt. I headed for Idaho but a part of me felt guilty for leaving. I got to Idaho, hunted for 2 days, killed a bull on day 2, packed him out solo and headed back to Wisconsin on day 3. I drove straight thru on the way home and was gone a total of 5 days. So yes, mentally she affected that hunt but I also felt like she was with me. Her cancer came back in October and she passed away in December. It was a very difficult fall and there wasn't much hunting but some things are more important. There will be more hunting seasons...

I envy you guys who have good marriages and who have found women that support you...

14-Jun-19
Marriage is highly risky and a big financial gamble. No surprise the MGTOW movement continues to grow...has nothing to do with preferring guys, btw. It’s about your financial security and sovereignty coming first.

14-Jun-19
Being a large movement there are many off shoots from disdaining women, going “monk” and such but perhaps the majority believe in getting and keeping one’s financial security in place as a priority before risking it in marriage or other ways.

My own view is to avoid societal brain washing and yes be very careful it’s a real minefield out there (even though I’m an optimist).

14-Jun-19
Having not hunted (yet) no...

Hopefully I wont' have to deal with a woman acting like that, but time will tell..

14-Jun-19
I had 2 marriages end in October.... HMMMMM

Good thing 3rd time has been a charm for the last 14 years.

14-Jun-19
I stayed single until I was 49. I got to hunt a lot more than I do now, and I had some relationships end right before hunting season, or during it. Now its hard to break out of that same mindset, and it interferes with my wife's happiness, being as I am, in her words, 'obsessed' with hunting. My advice: don't chose this path. Find someone when you are much younger who loves to hunt and/or supports you in whatever you 'are'. Because me, I AM A HUNTER. And now it has become a problem for her. I only went turkey hunting once this year, opening day, just so she would not feel like I 'go too much'. Yes, it affects me mentally, I blew getting a shot, twice that morning (spooked them as I drew). I basically see that day as a hunting 'success' since I got in range of some jakes and had two toms fanning 30 yds away, almost getting shots at them too (no blind, just stalking on the ground). I got in range just using cover and stealth, which I am very good at, so I considered it 'successful' to get inside of 15 yards with two different groups that day). I am changing my priorities but it lingers in the back of my head. I guess I am a selfish man. I am basically living off of past experiences to get my 'hunting' in now. If you live to hunt, do not go this route.

14-Jun-19

tinecounter's embedded Photo
tinecounter's embedded Photo

14-Jun-19
The most dangerous animal in the world is the double breasted wallet sucker, period.

14-Jun-19
These women must be smarter than their quarry.

14-Jun-19
Just ask Adam... the rest is history.

15-Jun-19
Reading your stories reminds me to thank God again for my wife. :)

15-Jun-19
Me too Gerald.....mine is too good to me!!!!

15-Jun-19
Wow! This is rough one to read. I genuinely feel for all you guys that are in, or have been in bad situations. Hopefully you eventually find someone to share your life's adventure with.

15-Jun-19
Makes me think of a sign my dentist had of the ceiling to stare at while getting teeth cleaned. Called hints for a good life. Number 1 was Marry the right person.

My wife is my favorite hunting partner.

15-Jun-19
B A L A N C E

My answer is no. Took me quite some time for the right one. Everything is on the table, always otherwise things don’t work out.

I make damn sure the Mrs. has her choice of activities for us to plan as well.

15-Jun-19
Rich, that last statement is a rule in our house too.

In short, balance.

• Sitka Gear