kscowboy 18-Jun-19
TREESTANDWOLF 18-Jun-19
XbowfromNY 19-Jun-19
Smtn10PT 20-Jun-19
Kevin Speicher 20-Jun-19
kevin3006 20-Jun-19
Buffalo1 20-Jun-19
18-Jun-19
I am looking for a recommendation for an excellent experienced taxidermist in the Northeast that does bear. My son got a nice bear recently and would like to do half or full mount. Much of the online information is laughable. If anyone has a great taxidermist that does bear well in CT, MA, NH, RI I would love a recommendation. Thanks

18-Jun-19
True-Life Taxidermy is located in NY, not far from parts of CT. Bob Vitro and his staff did two bear (rugs) and 5 or 6 deer for me. He does a lot of African game and quite a bit of work for Jim Shockey.

18-Jun-19
A good buddy of mine is in Middlebury CT. Kevin Conroy. As far as I'm concerned he does the best work I have seen. On bears: He has done 2 rugs and a lifesized P&Y for my girlfriend and me, and he has another there now. Awesome on everything, I have had him do deer, fish, birds, and hides for me. And he always has some really nice African game in his shop. Great guy too. His number is 203-598-3184.

Happy to answer any questions you have.

18-Jun-19
True-Life taxidermy. Bob is the best. He's done all of my game. My Lion,Goat and countless bear and deer. Been using him forever.

18-Jun-19
Agreed on True-Life. Saw their bears at DSC and they do great work. Too far away for me to use but in your position, that would be my choice.

18-Jun-19
Dave Berger Wild Arts Taxidermy Berlin, Ct 1 (860) 828-9884

Dave is excellent at lions Bou and has done most of my mounts. Pretty close to you.

19-Jun-19
ACE -- I've also heard great things about Kevin's Taxiedermy in Middlebury, CT. He will get my next worthy deer. In the meantime, my Dad just dropped off a rainbow trout to him and said he is a very nice guy and his work in person looks great.

20-Jun-19
Is western PA NE enough? Marc Jordan at Jordans taxidermy does excellent work.

20-Jun-19
I know you are looking a little further north but Marcus Zimmerman in Pennsylvania would be worth the drive, he is a world champion taxidermist and does most of my work.

20-Jun-19
OP didn't include PA but if we're including western PA you can't beat Dennis Razza.

20-Jun-19
Ck our some of the threads that Dennis Razza has posted on BS. Think you will find he is an extremely good artist/taxidermist and a stand-up individual.

• Sitka Gear