Jaquomo 27-Jun-19
Nemophilist 27-Jun-19
Brotsky 27-Jun-19
Joe Holden 27-Jun-19
scentman 27-Jun-19
elk yinzer 27-Jun-19
Rut Nut 01-Jul-19
21-Jun-19
With all the controversy the last few days, it got me thinking......................

The Bowsiters I admire and respect the most here- it has nothing to do with the size, number or species of animal they have taken with a bow. For me, it comes down to quality of character of the individual and how they treat others and what they do for the hunting and Bowhunting community. I could care less what their biggest buck scored, what the most exotic game was they have taken, or the number of animals they have taken with a bow!

I think sometimes we get caught up in all those things and tend to tie our self-worth up in those metrics.

Just some food for thought.................

21-Jun-19
I really admire BigDan and his elk hunting prowess.

Especially his unsurpassed excellence with the cow call. :)

21-Jun-19
X2 on Bigdan he always tries to help and has lots of knowledge but never criticizes other hunters .

21-Jun-19
Big Dan, Lou, Genesis, Nick, and many others. Some I admire do not post here.

21-Jun-19
Rut,

This place is a microcosm of a much larger problem that plagues our society, IMO. Social media has become the modern day version of "keeping up with the Jones". People measure their lives against the cherry-picked highlights that others post about their lives. When that measure doesn't stack up, it causes anger, jealousy, insecurities, depression... even suicide, especially in the case of younger people.

It's all a faceless fantasy land...with real and sometimes tragic consequences. If I had young kids today, they'd be banned from social media, period.

And, yes, I recognize my own hypocrisy for posting this on a social media site. Some bad habits are hard to break.

Matt

21-Jun-19
Some of my best friends post here. I look up to a lot of guys on this site. Willeboat , Lou, Tavis ect. Bowsite is a community! Hunter

21-Jun-19
Another vote for Bigdan here. I've known Bigdan for about 30 years, back from when I rented a little house about 200 yds from Dan's Big Sky Archery store. Apart from his obvious knowledge of bow-hunting, and his ability to call elk, and his success, what I appreciate about Bigdan is that he is genuine. Dan tells you what he thinks, not what you want to hear. If you suck at shooting a bow or bugling, Dan won't sugarcoat it, he will tell you that you suck - and he has told me both - HA! Dan is the real deal, he knows more about bow-hunting elk than anyone I've ever met.

21-Jun-19
So, I have talked to a lot you guys on the phone, and I have met a few of you... I have a lot of respect for a lot of guys on here! Some that I respect the most aren't necessarily the best bowhunters, they are just good people! That's what's really important to me, Good character, kindness, generosity etc...

And then there is Lou:) LOL... Lou is a class act, and I love talking with him!!

I also liked Bow Writer, I know some of you didn't, but I also enjoyed talking to him on the phone! And I thought his posts were entertaining.

God Bless Gents!

21-Jun-19
For me it's about who I can identify with due to their holding common interests and addictions. Which is the main reason I come to bowsite as a "home site". I refer to the hard-core, never-say-die, archery-dedicated guys. These guys & gals set a goal and stick with it. You might say they're the true "never-give-up" types, regardless if an animal dies on any given hunt. I admire that. There's some comfort or solace in associating with like-minded people. Some of these guys post very little, and some post a lot. No need for names, at the risk of leaving off a bunch. I have many good friends and family who do other sports like duck hunting, fishing, golf, rifle big game, bowling, and etc. But I'm grateful this site is here and offering us a place to talk bowhunting.

21-Jun-19
Thank you for the compliments, but I'm just one of many guys on here (and many not on here) who freely share information to try to help others. These are the hunters I admire, not the guys who just kill a bunch of amazing stuff and make a big deal about themselves.

The Bowsite is but a small part of the bowhunting community, and the good ones help each other. We all know who these guys are, and to those who have given me solid advice over the years, asking nothing in return, thanks from the bottom of my heart. I only hope I can give back one tenth of what has been offered to me.

21-Jun-19
Does it matter if they are not on here? A good buddy of mine would be the hunter I most look up to. Sounds odd, since he's been a friend since the 3rd grade. But he's a fantastic human being, amazing dad, amazing member of his community, and seems capable of shooting 4.5+ YO bucks year in and out... While some of you may say "ho hum" to that last part, I'd enjoy watching anyone come to MA to attempt such a thing :). It's ridiculously hard to do.

So yes, I look up to him as a person and a hunter.

21-Jun-19
I didn't really mean for this to be a list of who you admire- sorry, probably could have worded the TITLE better! It was more of a rhetorical thing..................................

But it looks like many of you got my drift. I too, have friends that I really admire that are not members here, so they are included in my personal "I admire" list.

Grey Ghost- I was never into popularity contests or trying to one-up or keep up with anybody, and that is one of the BIG reasons I refuse to go on the "popular" social media sites! THis and a (very) few other hunting and fishing websites are all I participate in.

21-Jun-19

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
Rob in the foreground and Aaron (Native Okie) in the background. Both good people.
Rob in the foreground and Aaron (Native Okie) in the background. Both good people.
One Bowhunter that I genuinely admire is my buddy Robert Partovi from Oklahoma. He will likely never see this either, unless he happens to get on to lurk while this thread is near the top. He's just a good dude and one thing I admire the most, is his intelligence and his low key approach to everything. He's an outdoor nut and kills the majority of his animals on public land. I wish we lived closer to one another.

There's lots of guys I admire on here as well. Mostly because of their character, not what or how much they kill.

BTW... Sticksender, Well stated!

21-Jun-19
Way to many to name...Actual hardcore bowhunting guys! Chris, Joe, Ed, Roy, Zack, Matt, Charlie, Brot, Bob, Hunt, Nick, Rob (WY), and the list goes on...

21-Jun-19
Man, there's so many good guys on here I don't know where to start. I do know that I won't make a list because my memory sucks and I'll invariably leave someone off it that deserves more recognition. Just know that any and all of you Bowsiters are invited out to hunt with me anytime, and if anyone EVER needs something they shouldn't be afraid to ask. I might not be able to help but I'll sure try.

I will say that I know who Kia's favorite Bowsiter is! She would never let me say so I won't but I will quote her from after the PY convention, "I love all the Bowsite guys, they are probably the nicest bunch of people I have ever met!"

21-Jun-19
I have met some soild guys through bow site. Good group here for the most part

21-Jun-19
Jaquomo is the man always willing to give words of encouragement and advise. Would love to meet HuntMan, OTCWill, Scoot, Embry.....Many more. This is a great resource and community have learned a lot and had lots of laughs reading man different posts!

21-Jun-19
Shucks I have to go with BigDan known for over 30 years plus if the cards fall right we’ll get to hunt together in the very near future.Dan got me and my brother into elk hunting 32 years ago and freely gave us Tennessee boys a tremendous amount of information on where to go,what to take and which calls to use and how to use them.Yes we killed elk got to hunt several years until hurricane Andrew slammed our Florida homes and businesses.Owe him a lot.Lewis

21-Jun-19
Wouldn't know where to start (or end) the list!

Pat and Charlie would have to be pretty high on the list though...because without them (and Bowsite), I would have likely never met many of the bowhunters I most admire.

21-Jun-19
Jaquomo does a nice job on the forum.

21-Jun-19
The late Ed Vigrass

21-Jun-19
When I get to heaven I'm gonna have to look up the Wenzels.

21-Jun-19
All the shenanigans they've pulled are you sure you'll be able to find 'em? lol!

21-Jun-19
Although I don't post much or interact much via this site, here are a couple examples of the generosity of what great Bowsiters will do:

1) 2010 Dall sheep a well known Bowsiter, named Jake, sent me a back country archery target he'd made and a full size target he'd made from a picture.

2) Late season mule deer hunt, received detail instructions from Lou on how to make a doe hat via email along with a bunch of hunt tips.

Both were appreciated and I try to remember this generosity when posting and attempt to help people out and keep it civil...

21-Jun-19
This thread makes me feel good. l could not agree more with all these posts and names. Lou, Brotsky, Paul @ the Fort, and others have helped me personally which I truly appreciate. I am also thankfull for the many informative and knowledgeable posts by them and many others like Charlie. Thanks to Pat for my one and only social media.........Bob

21-Jun-19
BB

Not even close. This gentleman made an offer to some folks here about 10 years ago to join him and learn how to take an antelope with a bow. All he asked was to be respectful and considerate of others. I'd have never had an opportunity otherwise. It taught me to share our wisdom with others without expecting anything in return.

21-Jun-19
Lots of great people on this site. A ton share solid information with others just to help out. I can tell you that almost all of the guys I have met on here are top notch. The few days that bowsite was down seemed like a guy had lost a family member!

21-Jun-19
One regular lurker/non-poster I want to recognize is Tony Peterson, Equipment Editor for Bowhunter magazine. He checks in here daily. He is a hard core DIY public land hunter who gets it done wherever he hunts, while the other media guys are going on cushy guided "setup" hunts. He could too, but instead does it on his own. I really admire that.

The other admirable thing is that whenever I have a question about anything gear-related, he ALWAYS takes time out of his busy schedule to take my call, which invariably ends up being an hour-long conversation about equipment, tactics, family, ethics. Like Charlie said, only 3% post on here, but there are so many who aren't visible, who give back to bowhunting in so many ways.

21-Jun-19

KSflatlander's Link
I admire the ones that went before us that were archery when archery wasn’t cool. Tom Jennings, Fred Bear, Ben Pearson...my dad.

21-Jun-19
Mine is Kyle.

Too soon? ??

21-Jun-19
Now that’s funny^^^

21-Jun-19
Les, CheeseheadMike, Lou, and HUNT to name a few. They've all helped me out west, Les and Mike helped me immensely getting started chasing those bugling idiots in September. I imagine I'll hook up with a hunt or two with those fellas. HUNT and I keep talking about something as well. Lou encouraged me to write an article and walked me through the steps and I ended up getting published in Bowhunting World, I wouldn't have even though of it if it weren't for him. BigDan gave me some advice on MT. I've payed it forward a bit to a few guys as well I'd like to think.

21-Jun-19
“*,*”

Nuff said

21-Jun-19
Nva , but Roy beat me to it..

21-Jun-19
TBM...He's a killer and can stir the pot with the best of 'em. Bring back TBM

21-Jun-19
The usual suspects.... Lou, Treeline.....

Matt and Adam Pauls are as good as they get. Chasin bugles is a super great guy. I have a tremendous amount of respect for Roughcountry, for bow hunting and reasons not related to bow hunting. Idyllwild as a self taught guy that has a passion equal to any one. WVmountaineer, solid man with solid convictions. The more I think about it I think my respect for people around here is more non-bow hunting related than anything. I miss Kelly Harris as well. Never seemed to kill much, but the love for his family soaked through.

The older I get the more I am realizing how many trophies I have stacked up at the end of my life won’t amount to anything truly important. While I enjoy it as much as anybody, I’m trying to live with the realization that eternity, and the treasure I store there, is a much better long-term investment. I believe that investing in peoples lives is one of the ways to do that.

21-Jun-19
Let’s keep it “classy” guys! We’ve had enough threads get locked lately! Was trying to go the other way with this one............,,,,,,,,

21-Jun-19
a mentor and old friend----- Stan Godfrey

21-Jun-19
Of all my hunting acquaintances over the years, I'd have to say my young buddy Nick stands out at the top. I taught him to bow hunt at a time when I was starting to lose interest. He's been my closest friend and hunting partner for the last decade. His youthful exuberance, and appreciation for the sport, has renewed my interests in bowhunting....and in many ways, life in general.

I truly value our friendship, though I probably don't say it often enough. Thank you, Nick.

Matt

21-Jun-19
Lou, BB and son, big Dan, bohunter, striker (Tim D) have helped me a lot. Also I always meet great people in great places. Thanks!

21-Jun-19
Lot of great comments, and good people mentioned. I have got to mention Kelly Harris. Sure do miss his input. Standswithaknife is always ready to help. Also cnelk. Mattanderson is also a good guy. My favorite is ESP ( my son ) lots of others need a mention. Just to many to post. Greg

21-Jun-19
Umm haven’t heard TBM had to do it Lewis

21-Jun-19
There are many from the Bowsite group I admire. I've been fortunate to share hunts with several and will add C. Rehor in elk camp this fall. Everyone that had reached out to me via PM or I've reached out to has been super helpful and polite. A great bunch of folks on here.

21-Jun-19
Plenty here who I admire. Too many to name. TV hunters? Not many but Tom Miranda is one

21-Jun-19
for over 25 years I hunted with Hoyt pro vantage bows with fingers & pins & always admired Chuck Addams accomplishments ....

however a good friend of mine was on a paid hunt in Illinois & one of the big name tv hunting crews showed up and absolutely had a fit cause the outfitter wouldn't let them hunt the buck my buddy was hunting. & that experience kinda made me rethink just how fair chase that buisness is

21-Jun-19
Lou, Charlie here and Writer who posts on the Kansas forum. I read all of Tony Peterson I like the fact he does a lot of public land stuff!! Really to many to list! Shawn

21-Jun-19
Lots of nice comments here............

Brotsky: “Just know that any and all of you Bowsiters are invited out to hunt with me anytime, and if anyone EVER needs something they shouldn't be afraid to ask. I might not be able to help but I'll sure try.”

Tilzbow: “ I try to remember this generosity when posting and attempt to help people out and keep it civil...”

Jaquomo: “Like Charlie said, only 3% post on here, but there are so many who aren't visible, who give back to bowhunting in so many ways.”

deerslayer: “I’m trying to live with the realization that eternity, and the treasure I store there, Is a much better long-term investment. I believe that investing in peoples lives is one of the ways to do that.“

Greyghost: “His youthful exuberance, and appreciation for the sport, has renewed my interests in bowhunting....and in many ways, life in general. I truly value our friendship, though I probably don't say it often enough. Thank you, Nick.”

Last weekend I went to a memorial service for a great friend and mentor who I have known for years. One of the most humble, generous, kind, talented and dedicated individuals I have ever met. He did SO MUCH for the Bowhunters of PA(the vast majority of whom will never know). I got to visit with a lot of great friends and Bowhunters, some of whom I had not seen in years. We shared stories and reminisced and It really got me thinking about what really matters in life and how (material) “things” really don’t, in the grand scheme of things! It’s the relationships we make and cultivate that really mean the most!

Well, sorry for waxing on about such philosophical things.......................I find myself focusing more on such things lately. Guess a life changing event will do that to ya! ;-)

21-Jun-19
As was mentioned above, Kelly Harris! Loved by all who knew him, on here, but especially in person!!!

RIP Kelly, you are truly missed!

21-Jun-19
Amen Scar! I smile when I read a Kelly Harris thread or see his name mentioned- he was one of “The Good Guys!” : )

21-Jun-19
My hunting partner and great friend Denny was an avid lurker on here. We met walking out after hunting adjacent pieces of property. Denny joined me my second year bear hunting and enjoyed going so much we traveled together for 9 consecutive falls to hunt bear. Denny was old school and we had a ton of laughs. For those who got to share camp with him will never forget him! I had an offer to head west 5 years ago for elk but vowed to hunt each fall until my buddy Denny said he was done. He knew he couldn’t handle an elk hunt that involved any walking. Denny at 76 was still climbing trees until this past December when he became ill. He is battling Primary central nervous system lymphoma and is not lucid. He has been stable but not getting better. It is sad and frustrating at the same time. We are separated by 26 years but he became my best friend over the last decade. We spoke daily sometimes 3 times a day and saw each other several times a week in season and weekly in the off season. I will be heading west to hunt elk this fall but not without a heavy heart. Denny is a rock solid friend and I miss him terribly. Life is to short to worry about the petty bullshit and this situation has been life changing for me and what really matters!

21-Jun-19
T Mac so true.

21-Jun-19
Well said T Mac!

21-Jun-19
I truly enjoy this site a lot. Tons of great guys on here that always seem willing to help out, or make a guy smile with some wisecrack. But two of the guys that have helped me the most in life as a person and as a bow hunter are t-roy and Charlie Rehor. Both super great guys with tons of bow hunting knowledge. I have had the privilege of hunting and just hanging out with both of them. Both would give you the shirt off their back to help you out. I just want to thank both of these gentlemen for being my friend and mentoring me for the last several years!!! Great thread

21-Jun-19
T-Mac,

Rest assured, Denny is as grateful for you as you are for him. And he'll be watching your elk hunt, either in mind or spirit. Do him proud, brother.

Matt

21-Jun-19
Amen T Mac, we only have so many sunrises and sunsets together on this ball. Make the memories while you can. I’ll include Denny in my prayers tonight!

22-Jun-19
Well said T Mac

22-Jun-19
Several of my best friends are members on here, we met cause of bowhunting but the friendship carried far beyond the one or two hunting trips per year.

I look up to guys that are straight shooters and call a spade a spade.

22-Jun-19
T Mac, Denny is lucky to have a friend like you. Most never will. Hunt in his honor, and do him proud The only things we truly have in this life are the memories we leave behind, the people we have loved and touched, and this very moment we are living, right now. The first two things we can control. The last one we cannot. Live life. Touch others. Remember and honor Denny. Prayers for you both.

22-Jun-19
There is truly only a couple guys that posts here from time to time that I don't admire enough to want to hunt with. The rest, I could easily find enough common ground to enjoy being around while hunting. I'm simply way to short on time left on this rock, to get worked up over differences of opinions.

I still say Lou needs to set up a bowsite elk hunt. :^)

And, Scoot I can't believe you didn't mention me! :^)

22-Jun-19
Wow, from CA sheep corruption to this??? This is what makes bowsite great. Had to grab a few tissues throughout the thread but over all very encouraging. Glad there's some humanity left.

BTW bring back TBM. Especially now since the Community Forum is gone. TBM's posts would be perfect bait for stranded Community Forum Posters. All in good fun.

22-Jun-19
I look up to a lot of guys on here. Top of my list would definitely be Nick.

22-Jun-19
I agree with Hunt. The bow hunters I take pride in are all guys I know personally. Hunter being one of them.

22-Jun-19
There are a lot of great guys on this site. I don't know many of them personally, but the vast majority will offer advice and encouragement to all without expecting anything in return. That's what keeps me checking in all the time and posting whenever I feel I can contribute a little. Fall will be here before we know it!

22-Jun-19
I sold a pair of Lowa boots on here once for a good deal. Scar Finga bought them and to my surprise there was an extra $50 on the check when I got it. That’s the definition of integrity to me. No one but him and me ever knew until now.

22-Jun-19
WV- I was thinking the same thing! Only been on one elk hunt in my life, but when I retire in about 5 years I’d like to do one with some Bowsiters..................

Maybe Lou will set up a CO OTC Public Land Bowsite Elk Hunt......................with like 250+ NR’s! ;-)

22-Jun-19
SHILOH,

U weren't supposed to tell anyone... Now they will think I am a nice guy... Dang It!

The boots were like brand new and I still got a smoking deal!!

Thanks again Shiloh!

22-Jun-19
From the Michigan Forums..... Steve Pray....”Mutt”......... The founder of Benefits 4 Kids.......There is a special place for Mutt reserved in Heaven.......

Over here........ Grant Benson. I hunted in Newfoundland with Grant years ago...... He was bow hunting and I was rifle hunting. Grant is a good guy and made a great impression on my dad. He and I really enjoyed Grant’s company.

Nick Muche up in Alaska and David H. In Manitoba are living my dream life......:-)

22-Jun-19
The camp of 17 WI guys who took over my former OTC spot does elk drives through bedding areas during bow season. Not sure what they kill but I bet there are arrows flying! :-O

22-Jun-19
Sorry Scar, but you deserved it;)

22-Jun-19
My Dad his friends, my uncle, Fred Bear, The Wensels, Jack and Cliff Zwickey, Reverend Stacey Groscup, Mr. Case from WI (without him we would never have had bow seasons in the Midwest), Art Young ,Saxon Pope, Ishi, Otzi the iceman.. Thag the mastodon and smilodon slayer. That guy who helped me load up my first buck shot with a recurve all those years ago-never got his name...

22-Jun-19
That’s it Charlie! We’ll just leave the compounds at home and bring our shoulder fired “bows!” ;-)

22-Jun-19
Shiloh,

I usually do deserve it:/ LOL Have a blessed weekend!

22-Jun-19
My dad got me into it in 1964 and started hunting in 1967 at the age of 12 here in Mich. he was a good hunter back when getting a deer was a big deal at the archery club. he shot with Fred Bear and only hunted in Mich. He was a good guy.

22-Jun-19
I know what you mean Scar!!

My dad is who I admire the most. He enjoys it all, but never gets so serious that he takes the fun out of it.

22-Jun-19
+1 My FIL could see sign like no one I've met. This guy would hunt a split leaf and come out with a brute. He was a inn it to win it dude. Lived for November right up to his last breath. Rip pop.

24-Jun-19
Few years back going through some money troubles I sold all my compound archery equipment to help pay my wife’s medical bills. Only bow I still owned was my grandpas old recurve with a twisted limb through this site Jaquomo helped me get it back into shooting form, offered me arrows to shoot out of it, and offered to help me learn to shoot it. Most told me it would never be anything but a wall hanger, and that it wasn’t heavy enough to hunt with anyway. So I’d have to say I very much look up to him and owe to him the fact that I’m an archery hunter today

24-Jun-19
A slight twist.....why are 97% silent if they regularly check in? Seems wrong to me....but I sure am thankful for those who do post and make it a place worth visiting! Once I mentioned that I was taking my oldest son on his first big game hunt for bear and that I needed to find him a bug suit. Within days I got not one, but two suits from two different guys sent at the senders expense and refused remuneration in any form other than to "pass it on". Humble selflessness. That's what I admire.

24-Jun-19
Yeah, hard to believe the "lurker" rate is that high........................................but I have heard similar statistics from other websites. Thankfully there are plenty of "contributors" here, a high percentage of whom are selfless and very generous! ;-)

24-Jun-19
The best lesson I’ve ever learned was taught to me by one of my drill instructors. He said you are a “bowl of rice”. Every time you meet and interact with someone, you are trading rice with them and filling up their own bowl. The rice in your bowl is knowledge gained from every interaction you’ve ever had. Whether it be tips and tricks to improve yourself, bad habits, etc. Some people add lots of rice to your bowl, and some just a grain or two. He put emphasis on the fact that it is important to share your good rice (knowledge, tips, etc.) with other people to help further them and spread the good rice. That being said, Chasin Bugles took me under his wing last fall and shared more rice in 5 days of hunting than I thought was possible. Besides my father, he’s at the top of my list.

24-Jun-19
I greatly admire many in the bowhunting community and truly feel that bowhunters are all family. There are too many bowhunters to name that I admire for their skills, focus, drive, and attitudes. I have been lucky enough in life to have shared campfires and become good friends with some of the best bowhunters in the world.

The bowhunters I admire most are mostly moved on to the happy hunting grounds. Glen St. Charles, Fred Bear, Howard Hill, Saxon Pope, Art Young, and Jim Dougherty. Those guys had so much to overcome to prove that bowhunting equipment could ethically take animals around the world and went on grand adventures to prove it. Their stories and films are an incredible inspiration. I have truly enjoyed walking in the footsteps of those giants of our past.

The internet has opened up tremendous opportunities to meet and learn about bowhunting that were not available just a short few years ago. This site has attracted some excellent bowhunters and it is amazing how much good information gets shared here. The learning curve to becoming a great Bowhunter has become much shorter with the internet and great real world experience freely given to guide you.

24-Jun-19
My best friends on the planet are people I’ve connected with through hunting. I admire something about all of them be it drive, composure, comedy or a plethora of other qualities. I look forward to doing a hunt or two together every year even if I don’t have a tag in my pocket.

24-Jun-19
Barry Wensel is one that comes immediately to mind for me. I attended his whitetail seminar last year and while I initially was hesitant of burning some vacation days to attend (days I would normally save for the rut), I absolutely loved the experience. Barry is a genuine guy with a big heart, great sense of humor and obviously a boatload of knowledge on hunting. I ran into him again in Kalamazoo this winter and it was more of the same, him and his wife were great to be around. He’s given a lot back to bowhunting by sharing the knowledge he has accumulated over his life.

25-Jun-19
My dad didn't bow hunt but taught us hunting. My brother Jerry who started us bow hunting and is so passionate and dedicated to the sport. taught me how to hunt and still does. Bob Fratzke, took time to talk to a kid long ago and made a huge difference.

26-Jun-19

Jim Moore's embedded Photo
Jim Moore's embedded Photo
Couple of old timers in here I followed a bit. ;-]

26-Jun-19
I admire Shawn, always a good post.

27-Jun-19
If Lou sets up a bowsite elk hunt I will let him use the P&Y bow he wanted to steal. :)

Oh, and I always enjoy Eyad's posts and positivity.

27-Jun-19

darralld's embedded Photo
Fred Bear & Jim Dougherty
darralld's embedded Photo
Fred Bear & Jim Dougherty
My dad being who he was in the industry made it possible for me to get to meet & spend time with some of the legends of this sport. Fred Bear, Chuck Adams, Ann Clark, Fred Asbell, Ann Hoyt, Dick Tone, Harv Ebers, Judd Cooney, Glen St. Charles, Ted Nugent... Really can't remember them all right now. Wish I could go back & ask more questions. So many that I respect.

27-Jun-19
There are many here on bowsite that have given great advice for hunting and also for serious life decisions. I'm grateful to so many guys that live, breath, and sleep elk hunting. They've have shortened an otherwise long learning curve. It is amazing to me that the Wensel brothers come on here occasionally and share their whitetail knowledge. There are so many bowsite contributors that I try when I can to contribute in any way I can.

Also, I'd like to thank Brotsky and Lou for posting some truly amazing pictures of women in yoga pants.

27-Jun-19
Thanks, elkstabber! You'll be please to know that my new sweetheart is a yoga instructor who hunts... (-:

27-Jun-19

Nemophilist's embedded Photo
Nemophilist's embedded Photo
Roger Rothhaar

27-Jun-19
I do what I can! :-)

27-Jun-19
Matt Palmquist. Never met the man in person but would like to. He's given me his time and advice over a handful of phone calls as a fresh Kansas resident (last year) on where to look and what to do for Pronghorn and Mule Deer. My brother Eric. Wouldn't really consider him a diehard bowhunter, he just hunts. Antler size doesnt matter to him, nor does the latest and greatest gear or fads. Still uses a bow i gave him 10 years ago with 2 pins. He is also one of the better people I know. Fortunately, I get to call him and my 2 other brothers friends that so happen to share genetics.

27-Jun-19
The Shawn i mentioned was Hedge.

27-Jun-19
I have been following The Bowsite since I was circa 13 years old, but didn't start posting until I was 20-something. I felt like I never had much to say and that's probably a good thing. I should have held off a few more years. It's kinda weird to me thinking how long I've been compulsively checking up on the happenings here and to wonder how it has shaped some of my views on things. You encounter a little of everything here.

Quite honestly I've grown pretty cynical of this place specifically, social media in general. I think not only as I get older do I become more aware of the negative traits it encourages, but I see some of them in myself. I don't spend 10% of the time here I used to but I'll check in once in awhile. It's good to get a reminder about what it is all about. It really is all about the character. Solid post Rut Nut.

01-Jul-19
Thanks JR! I know what you mean..................I try to focus on the positive. Doesn’t always work................but I try! ;-)

• Sitka Gear