Rut Nut 23-Jun-19
DL 26-Jun-19
GF 26-Jun-19
arky 26-Jun-19
PA-R 27-Jun-19
22-Jun-19

arky's embedded Photo
arky's embedded Photo
I was using a bowmaster bow press and it failed and took part of finger when the cam came back around. Didn’t feel too good. Definitely going to stick solely on recurves from now on

22-Jun-19

arky's embedded Photo
arky's embedded Photo
X Ray. Once it heals I should still be good to shoot the ole stick and string. And just because I know it looks like I did I in no way blame the equipment. It was more then likely 100% my fault and I was already getting hooked on the recurve before yesterday happened.

22-Jun-19
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

.. . . .

. . . .

Dang, that looks very painful. I would have been crying like a toddler . . . . .

22-Jun-19
It'll be worth it in just not having to lug around 3 times the weight when you go to the recurve!

Let's see....a fully loaded compound weighs about 4 pounds more than a recurve. If you shoot 60 arrows a week, that's 240 pounds. Over the course of a year that's 12,480 pounds, or over SIX TONS!!!!

22-Jun-19
Thanks! My wife did enough crying for both of us lol! I was more like well that ruins my bear hunt this weekend lol. Been trying like heck to get one and now I’ll be waiting till this finger heals so I can shoot again. I will admit I tried to say I was still gonna go but the surgeon and my wife say no

22-Jun-19
I have had a bowmaster bow press for over 20 years and never had an issues with it. I have the adapters for the newer bows etc It would be nice to have some details as to how it failed .

22-Jun-19
Damn! Hope you get well soon!

22-Jun-19
Honestly I should probably say I failed on it bc it all happened so quick I don’t know what happened really. Which is why I said it was probably 100% my fault. I guess moral of the story is make sure you’re paying attention when pressing a bow. You can literally loose a finger lol

22-Jun-19
I used a Bowmasters back in the day. Hard to justify using that thing now when you can get a bowpress for 300-350 bucks. And that gives me the chills thinking about how everything might have happened. Ouch!!!

22-Jun-19
Scary, those bowmaster things are for emergency use, get a ezgreen press, not expensive

22-Jun-19
Well I hadn’t been tinkering with compounds for a bit and with my recurve I just use a stringer lol. I mostly just wanted to post this on here to let guys know to always take you time with a compound in a press especially if you use a bowmaster. Not bashing at all i take full responsibility for what happened. Luckily my finger is off right behind then nail so once it heals I should be back to shooting the bob lee just fine

22-Jun-19
Did they reattach or just left it off. Was your finger in the cam and it basically acted like a scissor. Thanks for the heads up....never really gave that a lot of thought, always more concerned about damaging the bow.

22-Jun-19
I was tightening down and reach up to check the tension and heard a pop. Felt like I smashed my finger and I saw my hand on one side finger on the other. So I ran in woke up the wife and said hey babe I need you to take me to the doctor. Luckily I hadn’t even had coffee yet bc I had to have surgery. I was taking a bow apart for a buddy bc we were gonna go bear hunting this weekend. And I’d had his old bow in my garage for a couple months supposed to take it apart for him and just kept forgetting to.

22-Jun-19
I have seen a lot of people lose fingers in the carpentry trade. You are correct....when they don`t re-attach the healing time is a lot shorter. The tip is pretty sensitive for awhile....obviously.

22-Jun-19
Now that the medicine is wearing off it is pretty sore. I’m not much for pain meds but I’m actually having to now. I hope that by them just sewing it up I’ll be back to shooting the recurve in no time

22-Jun-19
May you heal completely and never have to look back.

22-Jun-19
Finger injuries are very painful! (I know, my name is Scar Finga, LOL... what's that tell you?)

I hope you heal up fast and completely!! let it heal and take it easy!!

Prayers your way!

22-Jun-19
Thanks for the update should have added I hope the healing goes well.

22-Jun-19
Jesus! Hope you heal up quick man!

22-Jun-19

Lark Bunting's embedded Photo
Take care to keep that clean. Just got over a staph infection in my finger from essentially a hangnail.

22-Jun-19
Hoping for a great and speedy recovery Lewis

22-Jun-19
Thanks for all the kind words guys! Nick it hurt like hell man. Tim and I were supposed to go bear hunting this weekend too I was hoping to finally get a dang bear lol! But I’ll be back to shooting the bob lee in a few weeks and good by moose season!

22-Jun-19
Lark they actually just left mine off and sewed it up. I’ll have a little less of a ring finger now. Should clean up my release on my recurve now lmao!! Gotta find a bright side lol

23-Jun-19
OUCH! Hope you heal up fast!

26-Jun-19
When cold weather comes around look out. If you thump it just a little you will be saying inappropriate things around children. Cut my long finger straight on with a band saw in high school. So many nerves in our fingers it really sent me through the roof when I hit it.

26-Jun-19
Fingers are brutal - just a heads up: if you EVER think you’re getting an infection in a fingertip, get yourself onto so antibiotics ASAP, or you can lose it QUICK. I almost lost a finger to an accidental pin-prick. Of course, I was skinning out a coyote at the time... But I was young and tough and didn’t get it seen until I had red streaks up to my arm-pit..

Horror Story: My bro-in-law lost the pad of his thumb to a watertight door on an aircraft carrier; ended up hospitalized for something like 6 weeks with his thumb stitched into his groin. Damn near cost him his career, but he was fortunate to regain enough sensation that he could resume flying. Of course, he has to shave the damn thing... LOL

26-Jun-19
Oh I’m not looking forward to cold weather now. And I live in Alaska!! Gonna be rough times. But I’ll just have to wear gloves now lol. At least I’ll have one less nail to cut. Gotta try to find a bright side lol.

27-Jun-19
I know that smarted for sure, hope you heal fast, a recurve will be just fine.

• Sitka Gear