SJJ 17-Jul-19
TrapperKayak 17-Jul-19
APauls 17-Jul-19
KSflatlander 17-Jul-19
pipe 17-Jul-19
JL 17-Jul-19
duvall 18-Jul-19
11-Jul-19
I don't generally consider myself a twisted person, but for some reason I love graphic blood trails. Am I alone? Mid off season boredom has me wondering if anyone else loves huge wound channels and bloodtrails. Maybe it's because when you see it it's like "oh ya baby, you know what's at the end of this rainbow. Post up some pics!

11-Jul-19

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
When there is no doubt...this was a doe I shot out in Alberta

11-Jul-19

jcneng's embedded Photo
jcneng's embedded Photo

11-Jul-19

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
Even better in the snow!!

11-Jul-19

elvspec's embedded Photo
elvspec's embedded Photo
This one was a fairly easy track.

11-Jul-19

otcWill's embedded Photo
pic doesn't do it justice
otcWill's embedded Photo
pic doesn't do it justice

11-Jul-19

Bowbender's embedded Photo
Bowbender's embedded Photo

11-Jul-19

76aggie's embedded Photo
76aggie's embedded Photo
Jake had no trouble finding this one.

11-Jul-19

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Everybody loves a good bloodtrail! (especially when you see WHITE at the end of it! ;-)

11-Jul-19
Love it fellas, Will, anyone who has blood trailed in stubble can appreciate what is going on there!!

11-Jul-19
That's the thrill of the hunt. Youthful exuberance....not growing up! ;)

11-Jul-19

BOWNUT's embedded Photo
BOWNUT's embedded Photo

11-Jul-19
My most impressive blood trail was literally one of my worst hits. Buck moved at the shot and I hit it in the ham. Broke the femur and cut the femoral artery. Blood was a foot wide and continuous to the animal.

11-Jul-19

PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
Field of dreams
PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
Field of dreams

11-Jul-19

Shiras42's Link
Blood trail on a hog from my only trip to Shiloh.

11-Jul-19

DroptineDC18's embedded Photo
DroptineDC18's embedded Photo
I can play!

11-Jul-19

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo

11-Jul-19
Dang Paul.....................................looks like there should be crime scene tape in your pics! ;-)

jcneng- I don't know if you can call that a "trail".......................looks more like a "pool"! : )

11-Jul-19
Shiras I've shot a lot of hogs at Shiloh but never had the chance to hunt in the snow. Man that would make seeing and tracking so much easier down there. Very cool

11-Jul-19
12yards confirms the effectiveness of "the ol' ham blaster"...haha

11-Jul-19

ELK ELSEWHERE's embedded Photo
ELK ELSEWHERE's embedded Photo
This one was easy

11-Jul-19
Good golly Paul!

11-Jul-19

my friend shot this cow elk. arrow/bh took out the major neck artery.
my friend shot this cow elk. arrow/bh took out the major neck artery.
now sure where the orange pumpkin girl came from. This was at the end of the blood trail Paul

11-Jul-19

kota-man's embedded Photo
kota-man's embedded Photo
Do coyotes count? This one died quick...

11-Jul-19

'Ike''s embedded Photo
'Ike''s embedded Photo
Oregon Columbian Whitetail...

11-Jul-19
I`m personally offended by graphic bloodtrails…..NOT!!! A couple of those are epic....no waiting for 4 hours on those.

11-Jul-19
LOL those are all pants washers!! you know the kind where your pants are toast just from following em up. Kota we've had a few of those coyote scenes up here and they are a pretty pretty picture.

Bloodtrail...apt handle.

Paul, that's disgusting man...jk

Elk Elsewhere did that buck do the front leg down snowplow?

11-Jul-19

Boreal's embedded Photo
Boreal's embedded Photo

11-Jul-19
Looks like Boreal had a spinner. Love the coyote trail.

11-Jul-19

deerslayer's embedded Photo
Good thread!!!!

This one was decent.

11-Jul-19
APauls, I didn't see the plowing but I sure heard it, it was a sock soaker!

11-Jul-19

zabwelch's embedded Photo
zabwelch's embedded Photo

11-Jul-19

patience2spare's embedded Photo
patience2spare's embedded Photo
Pronghorn doe quartered to - when the arrow hit, blood sprayed 4feet wide and my dad who was sitting next to me said very matter of factly, "Oh, she's dead." Pete

11-Jul-19
It’s threads like these that make me wish I wasn’t colored blind. The ones in the snow, I can see pretty well, but the others are kinda tough to see exactly what some of y’all are able to see so easily.

Oh well, it is what it is. :-)

12-Jul-19
Y’all are sick people..... and I love you for it :)

12-Jul-19

njbuck's embedded Photo
njbuck's embedded Photo
Coues deer blood trail from a frontal shot. Tons of blood at point of impact until he fell 30 yards later.

12-Jul-19

njbuck's embedded Photo
njbuck's embedded Photo
A whitetail trail from this winter with a 100 grain Vortex broadhead.

12-Jul-19
LOVE the pics guys!

12-Jul-19

SBH's embedded Photo
SBH's embedded Photo
SBH's embedded Photo
SBH's embedded Photo
SBH's embedded Photo
SBH's embedded Photo
My bull from last year. Bled like this for 200 yards.

12-Jul-19

jmiller's embedded Photo
jmiller's embedded Photo
This one was easy

12-Jul-19

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
Sitting in the hospital right now just broke my nose let me tell you I left a trail. Steady bleed no drips for a few minutes

12-Jul-19
Adam... we're going to need a blood trail pic and a story behind this breakage.

12-Jul-19
Wish I took a pic of the grass...coulda made a hunter excited. That’s the cost of scouting in bear country fellas

12-Jul-19
Welcome to the club! Mine points left so an advantage as I learn to shoot a recurve!

12-Jul-19
That's even better Adam.......................................an "action" shot! ;-)

12-Jul-19
You talking about your nose or bottom limb obstructions?

12-Jul-19
Mountain caribou hunt.

12-Jul-19
APauls, I broke mine by shooting a spike buck In Michigan UP with a rifle left handed. Back of thumb/hand did me in. Blood trail from stand to deer was more than bullet impact site to deer. Deep snow made it even more impressive to my buddies.

12-Jul-19

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
A big bear shot by client ran over and leaked on this deer skull we thought it was pretty cool.

12-Jul-19
This is a long track job in the snow. I hit her with a .243. Around 5:47 pay attention to the very top of the screen. I bumped her out of a bed and never knew it till I watched the vid. I had to dispatch her with a 2nd shot.

This is a tracking job in crunchy leaves.

14-Jul-19

Crusader dad's embedded Photo
Crusader dad's embedded Photo
Good thread. Here is my contribution.

15-Jul-19
Well . . . . . just say'n, if there is beeching and moaning for 100 yard bow shots ( see the thread ), then the CDOW will look at this and end archery season for good ( according to some ).

. . . .

. . . ..

. . . . .

Only on Bowsite, a thread within the "first 100" celebrating massive gorie blood trails, and another bashing 100 yard shots, both of which are ammo to the PETA folks trying to brain wash the non-hunting public.

15-Jul-19
^^^ had the exact same thoughts.

15-Jul-19
Just thinking out loud here.....if we post vids of chickens hanging at the slaughterhouse, will that give PETA ammo to persuade the non-hunting public give up chicken nuggets? I guess my thought is deer and chicken (or livestock) bleed when they get shot or slaughtered....that is truth. I believe reasonable and honest people/viewers know that and accept it. I don't see the sense of hiding it....that seems less honest. My useless two cents.

15-Jul-19
A perspective from the Pope and Young Club President, Spring 2019 Ethic, page 8, selected excerpt as follows;

. . . .

. . . . . . .

"Social media has changed how most of us communicate with our fellow humans. It is great that we can reach a vast number of our friends almost instantly. How many of us post pictures of our latest hunt along with a short story? It is a great way to stay in touch and also a great way to get a message out.

Along with great power comes great responsibility. We have the power to impress or offend at our fingertips. We owe it to our sport and fellow hunters to do all we can to keep from offending the people who see our posts. In particular, stop posting distasteful and gory pictures of dead animals.

Never post a picture with lots of blood. Never post a picture of an animal in the back of a truck, ATV, or hanging in a garage. If it is worth showing off take the time to clean it up and show it respectfully.

There are tons of bad pictures on social media. If you are proud enough to show it off, give it the respect it deserves. It is just like your Mother always taught you; if you don't have something nice to say, keep your mouth shut. If you don't have a nice picture to share, keep it to yourself."

- Jim Willems, President, Pope and Young Club.

15-Jul-19
Man, we've turned into a nancy society.....

Life is real and gory. How many people will sit on the comfort of their couch watching Game of Thrones and not bat an eye as rape, incest, and graphic, gory murders play out in their living room, and often in front of their kids. And there is concern over animal blood trail pics?!?!? Get real.

Double standard hypocrisy at it's finest. Not too mention the fact that PETA is fringe and a large majority of society knows that. You can't convince me that with the popularity of shows like "Swamp People", where gators are getting shot in the head, and the plethora of other outdoor shows on the History and Discovery channels that depict hunting in a positive light that the sky is falling for hunting. That's not even mentioning Meateater getting a slot on Netflix and The Hunting Public on Amazon. To borrow from Mark Twain, reports of hunting's death are greatly over exaggerated. Furthermore non-hunting people are not scouring the bowsite looking for the proverbial "ammo". And don't start with the whole "the anti's are". I am so sick and tired of this constant mantra I see here on the BS of "stop giving the anti's ammo" They have all they need already and will manufacture it if they don't. I'm more worried about the pettiness within our own ranks. Killing is messy and at times brutal. I will not apologize for who I am and what I enjoy, and that includes graphic blood trail pics in the off season. It is what it is, and if people don't like their sensitivities jostled their problems are deeper rooted than a bunch of like minded bow hunters posting blood trail pics on a bow hunting forum. Better tell P&Y to advise Pat he should stop posting the blood trail challenge. SMH

It's insane to me that with all the horrifically explicit things on the internet some of you guys are worried about a graphic blood trail thread.

Great idea for a post Adam. Can't wait to see some more pics!

15-Jul-19
Amen

15-Jul-19
Oh man the fuel for the anti's. I've got a few I need to look up.

15-Jul-19
Couldn’t have said it better Deerslayer! Wish I had the where with all to take a picture to post lol

15-Jul-19
Great post Justin. And as much as I love the blood trail pics here, I’d be among the last to post “gory hunting pics” on Facebook. We are among brothers here.

Also, why do we love “graphic blood trails?” It’s not that I have some sick sedistic love of blood, cause I don’t watch disgusting TV. But a “graphic” blood trail means I know without a shadow of a doubt that my quarry lies at the end. And THAT’S what I spend 367 days of the year daydreaming and planning for.

15-Jul-19
Written and directed by Quentin Tarantino... lmao

Good blood normally means a clean quick kill. Following good blood is sometimes as exciting as a well placed arrow.

16-Jul-19
"...we have met the enemy, and he is us..." - Walt Kelly

16-Jul-19
BOOM!!!!!!!! Justin, you just murdered that bud. Everyone should read and absorb that. And, understand that this isn’t Facebook like APauls pointed out. We are on bowsite!

16-Jul-19

jstephens61's embedded Photo
jstephens61's embedded Photo
Muzzy 3 blade. First deer with my first Elite. Got it for Christmas and shot her 3 days later.

16-Jul-19
Great post Justin. Glad I logged in today for that

16-Jul-19
Pat's coyote head shot pic belongs on this thread lol.

16-Jul-19
You slayed that one deerslayer!

Modern Parent: "My eight year old is home for the week, as a protest, because he witnessed a violent act on the school ground that traumatized him and they refuse to address the violence or offer free counselling."

Normal Person: That's horrible,what did he see and he must be so bored at home?!

Modern Parent: He saw a kid throw an orange at the school wall because it was rotten!! I keep him busy on the Gameboy. He's a little bored with "Mercenary- Wall of Super Death" but I have "Game of Thrones" as a back-up.

Normal Person: "Yes, there is definitely a need for counselling here."

16-Jul-19

Chris S's embedded Photo
Chris S's embedded Photo
I think this is what we are all striving for when releasing an arrow. Quick humane clean kill. Tell the antis to check out the slaughter house if they need something to complain about.

17-Jul-19
Awesome pictures!!!

I once found a good blood trail at a 3D State Championship Shoot. The club is located at an old trash dump, there's fluorescent green moss (no kidding). The days before this shoot there had been heavy rain and the course was muddy and slick. The terrain is not flat at all, I think it was the 4th target there was a long skid made were somebody had fallen. From the spot were someone fell there was a heck of a blood trail. You could not walk 10 feet in any direction without seeing broken glass. That was my first and last trip to that club.

17-Jul-19
Question for all.. is there something wrong with me? Lol. I truly enjoy a bloody blood trail. I think most of us hunters thrive for one. We all know if we see a really bloody blood trail we know our reward waits for us at the end of it. Keep the pics coming guys!!

17-Jul-19

grossklw's Link

How about a video of a good blood-trail? You can look back at my MT write up, but this bull actually bled like this for 500 yards and we bumped him 4+ hours after the shot. Color-blind me will take ones like this every-time :)

17-Jul-19
I guess I'm the odd man out here. I get no pleasure in the kill but the best drug ever is the hunt. Been hunting for over 35 years and taken many big game. I also do all my own butchering. After the hunt, I always feel a bit of remorse at the end of the blood trail. It's a odd feeling to be pumped full of adrenaline and have some remorse at the same time. It's like having a high and low at the same time. Odd feeling. I definitely do not share or discuss the blood or describe the death. It's not why I hunt. Anyone else feel any lows or remorse with a kill?

17-Jul-19

SJJ's embedded Photo
SJJ's embedded Photo

17-Jul-19
'Anyone else feel any lows or remorse with a kill?' I do some, but it doesn't last long. I give thanks to it and to God for the sacrifice, and move on to the good feeling it brings - all the benefits of the meat, the harvest, the memories of the hunt that the hide and antlers provide when I look at them. It (hunting) is what I do, and I feel no remorse for it, just a bit of it that I took away a life on 'such a nice day...'.. I view it all as a hugely positive part of my life, and I rarely get more personal satisfaction out of anything than I do when I shoot an animal to eat, except when I do something constructive for my wife, or help others, or make others (esp. her) smile, or witness Christ to someone in need.... :) Hunting season is the high point in my life - the fall is the finest time of year. Remorse for killing? Yeah. For the hunt? NO.

17-Jul-19
SJJ I think you're touching on part of the philosophical mess that I feel when hunting that I can't even begin to explain. That's more like another thread or another novel. Sometimes the magnitude of snuffing out a life hits hard, and other times not at all. But like I say, that's for another time.

17-Jul-19
Well said Trapper. I feel the same way.

17-Jul-19
I love it!...lol I hunt in an urban setting which is not the most hunter friendly up here in the northshore suburbs of Chicago I had a great trail to a huge buck and then the drag trail back to my home. The police were at my house the next morning because some hiker reported a bloody "crime scene".

17-Jul-19
^...that's funny right there.

18-Jul-19
pipe, I thought something similar was going to happen to me...it was during season and I had to get a tire changed on our car...went to the local walmart, told them to just throw the old tire in the trunk...sitting in the waiting room, it hit me lol...I had never cleaned out the trunk...bloody tarps, rope, and I think my gun was still back there. I knew they were going to call the cops and I was going to have some explaining to do...especially after the manager called me up and said they had run into some 'unexpected issues' with the tire and it was going to be a little while longer lol...well...all ended without incident...rural PA rednecks must have knew what was up

• Sitka Gear