Rut Nut 16-Jul-19
Bou'bound 16-Jul-19
Handle 17-Jul-19
Huntskifishcook 17-Jul-19
TrapperKayak 17-Jul-19
KSflatlander 17-Jul-19
Ace 17-Jul-19
15-Jul-19
Since the Lgb alphabet crowd can get away with saying they were born the way they were, we have 10s of thousands of years of hunting genetics in us and that’s a fact. If it weren’t a fact man would have died off eons ago.. No one can deny if man hadn’t hunted since the beginning we wouldn’t exist. Having said that how can we be denied doing what has been instilled in our DNA from the beginning?

15-Jul-19
Can you say....CANINE (eye) TEETH? Herbivores no gotz!

15-Jul-19
DL I couldn't agree more but good luck getting that notion accepted in the mainstream. Those aboard the Moonbat Train are fully convinced we're nothing more than a bunch of simpleton, wild-eyed, blood-thirsty savages, motivated only by a lust to maim & kill their Fellow Earthlings ;-) Reason, logic and 100,000 years of food chain history will not change their mind.

15-Jul-19
Good point....."there are hunters and there are gatherers....I`m a hunter. Sorry it`s in my genes".

15-Jul-19
According to them we’ve evolved past that. You’re a relic

15-Jul-19
"Moonbat train" LMAO!

16-Jul-19
DL, figured that out several months ago, as well. It makes perfect sense. Just shared it with my anti-sport hunting sister just a couple days ago, and she actually agreed with the logic behind it.

Some 350,000 to 400,000 years ago some cave man figured out that if he dropped a rock off a cliff onto some critters head, he could kill it. Hunting was born.

Multiply that by the number of times it occurred over that several hundred thousand year period, and it becomes obvious that nature added a "hunting gene" to a certain percentage of all humans, insuring our species survival.

If you can get a leftist bunny hugger to shut up long enough to actually listen, they'll then understand that hating on a hunter is no different than hating on gay people. It's genetics. Would you have them deny who they were born to be?

They won't be able to manage both thoughts at once, and then their head will explode...:)

16-Jul-19
Great post by the OP!

16-Jul-19
Yep that will convince people today. Good thinking. We need to stay ahead of the curve.

How can we be denied you ask. Go to the grizzly hunters in BC, the spring bear hunters in Maine, the cougar hunters in California, the polar bear hunters in Alaska, the spring bear hunters in Ontario for decades, the caribou hunters in Quebec, etc. etc. etc.

They will be able to explain how they were denied................all without the benefit of a DNA test.

16-Jul-19
I prefer to point out what an ecological disaster monoculture comprises. If my "meat is murder," their tofu is extermination.

16-Jul-19
I don't believe any amount of logic will alter the mindset of the left. They are zealots. Their whole worldview is based on emotion over intellect.

16-Jul-19

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo

16-Jul-19
I feel no need to 'explain' hunting. It's something I enjoy. I wouldn't ask a sky-diver or a biker or rock climber or pastry chef to explain why they enjoy what they do.

That said, I'll *defend* my choices. But that's a different topic.

16-Jul-19
i use the same argument for 2A. "i did not choose to be a lover of guns and freedom, i was born that way"

16-Jul-19
Rut Nut....priceless!

16-Jul-19
X2 ^^^^^

16-Jul-19
RutNut, that's hilarious. Compared to most here, I'm a leftwing moonbat (though I like to think I'm a centrist, the old CF colleagues suggested I was just a lefty in denial :))...

And I can tell you, that the OP's point, and approaching hunting from a "green" "environmentalist" point of view, "healthy food, no agro business, true "organic" meat, helps the environment in terms of water quality and flora regeneration, etc etc etc..." you get a way better response than just going into scientific wildlife management or what not.

While there are a million real reasons to hunt, some scientifically valid and some more emotional, you can not change the mind of a person by presenting those facts or strong points. That just makes folks settle into their point of view to protect their ego (this works both ways... so its good to have in mind).

When you are talking with a person who does not like or doesnt think they like hunting, you cant present info to try and change their mind. Just explain your reasons for doing it. Evolution is a good component of that.

So, from a guy in the political middle, though much more left than many here... Yes, this IS a great (part of an) approach to discussing hunting and why we do it to non hunters.

16-Jul-19
I've been saying this for years. It isn't a foolproof approach, but as a manner of self-preservation it stands a lot better chance than most of the ridiculous "conservation" propaganda we collectively spew. The real benefit is it maintains an [accurate] narrative that we are active participants in ecosystems rather than some deranged overlords, which I think is what most of the conservation-based logic comes across as.

16-Jul-19
One of my all-time favorite cartoons! Thought it was appropriate! ;-)

16-Jul-19

walking buffalo's Link
DL, Your assertation is good, and not new.

You might enjoy reading The Hunting Hypothesis (1976) by Robert Ardrey. This fellow's thesis has become accepted within the scientific community, most pertinent the conclusion that "hunting has made us human – evolutionarily, physiologically, intellectually, socially, culturally, spiritually".

Jordan Peterson briefly touches on the phycological aspects of hunting and humanity. This is really worth listening to. Jordan explains how current evidence points to our hardwiring to hunt and Hunting as the great catalyst to development of society. Archers in particular will enjoy the perspective explaining "Aim". The whole discussion should be mandatory listening for all. To get to the trophy, forward to 1:30:00. The meat is offered a few minutes later.

16-Jul-19
Man what I wouldn't give to take Jordan Peterson on a two week elk hunt. The things I would learn. I don't think there would be much elk hunting done though! I love listening to that guy.

16-Jul-19
Good, now that we've settled the fact that we were born this way we need to come up with a good acronym for ourselves...and a flag...we need a really cool flag to wave in the parades we're gonna have!

16-Jul-19
I have told several people there is a very simple reason that I hunt. "it is because my eyes are in the front of my head." Every animal with eyes in the front of their head hunt and eat other animals. Humans are designed to be hunters.

16-Jul-19
Walking Buffalo that was a great link. Based on anthropological research based on primates if vegan lifestyle persists mans digestive system will get larger and their brain size will decrease. I believe that is already showing up as so many of these vegan anti hunters are bat crap crazy. It is like trying to reason with an ape.

16-Jul-19
I have noticed that too, DL. Now we have science that backs it up- cool! ;-)

16-Jul-19
Two dogs has the argument based on the position of your eyes served you well in gaining understanding and acceptance for hunting

17-Jul-19

17-Jul-19
We are shooting ourselves in the foot if we continue to use making blanket statements insinuating that the entirety of the left is against hunting. Hunting for food, which is basically all hunting done by everyone I know, has something like a 75% approval rating. The math doesn't add up, everyone on the left can't possibly be against hunting.

17-Jul-19
I have no explaining to do. If someone questions my hunting (which they never do), I'd just say 'ok' and walk away with a smile on my face. Then I'd go hunting, or fishing, or do whatever I want to in this FREE country of ours. And they can all go pound salt. We are very fortunate to be living in America. No one is ever going to take away what I've been doing all my life. If it comes to that, they can die trying, they have the freedom to do that.

17-Jul-19
As the father of a gay son who hunts, a participant in the local gay pride, and a hunter for over 35 years...I'm sure you all consider me a leftist. Any statement that all leftists are against hunting is simply false. But please don't let me interrupt your marginalizing other human beings...

17-Jul-19
Obviously, not all left of center folks are Anti-hunting. I think what JTV is saying is that most of the Anti Hunting and the most rabid Anti-gunners are leftists.

If that offends you, or strikes too close too home, or whatever, then maybe you need to look around you, or reconsider who you hang out with.

This Topic has been locked. Thank you.

• Sitka Gear