ELKMAN 26-Jul-19
ELKMAN 27-Jul-19
ELKMAN 28-Jul-19
16-Jul-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo
Anybody else training for Elk in Peru?

16-Jul-19
Didn't even know they had elk in Peru! Looks more like goat/sheep territory!

16-Jul-19
Looks like Idaho. :-)

16-Jul-19
Something like Hawai'i.

16-Jul-19
You’re obviously on the east side and down lower. Lots of vegetation. Cusco area?

I lived in Arequipa for three years working on a project and had a resident visa. Spent a lot of time in the altiplano - lots of areas were 14,000’ in the flats with the mountains scraping the sky at over 20K. A lot drier than where you are on the east side. Did get some hunting in for viscatchas and venados up to 16,800’.

Too bad Peru has no Culture of Conservation and no regulated hunting like the USA. No real non-native stocked big game animals like stags or Asian/European deer. Some feral cattle, sheep, and pigs but very limited. A huge number of extraordinary native big game species that would draw hunters from around the globe...

16-Jul-19
Beautiful Elkman,

Unfortunately we don’t have peaks like that in the continental US.

Mexico has volcanoes but not the gorgeous mountain ranges like the Andes. Same for Patagonia

16-Jul-19
Them ain't foothills Del.

16-Jul-19
You lucky dog! That's awesome Casey!

16-Jul-19
No but I will be training for Rocky Mountain Goat in Ireland.

16-Jul-19

painless's embedded Photo
painless's embedded Photo
This is the top of Salkantay Pass at 15'300 on the trek to Machu Picchu.

16-Jul-19
Did you join the "3 mile high club"....lol. Looking a little frisky there.....I`d be sucking wind.

17-Jul-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo
Climbed that peak in the back ground Wednesday. Huayna Picchu

17-Jul-19
Tree line: We are on the Inca trail on the back side nearing the final ascent to the Sun Gate.

17-Jul-19
Awesome!

There are white tails around that area. And some decent trout fishing.

Did you also climb the Machu Picchu peak (to your right in the picture)? Amazing view from the top!

17-Jul-19
We climbed (crawled up) Huayna Picchu also. pretty spooky for a guy who hates heights.

17-Jul-19
The new knee must be doing well!

18-Jul-19
Treeline: Yes we did. It was awesome. Made it to the sign at the top in 19:55. Raining and foggy that day though so the photos are not great. I will see if I can find one that is decent.

18-Jul-19
Pretty cool, will be down there first part of August. Drink the water straight out the pipe and by the time elk season rolls around, you won’t need to carry a filter.

18-Jul-19
Caz, “water out of the pipe” in Peru can can also be one hell of a weight loss program!

Most of it is either untreated or minimally treated and the Inca Revenge can be serious!

Don’t drink water from anywhere but a sealed bottle, do not add ice cubes to drinks, don’t brush your teeth with it, and avoid anything with uncooked vegetables!

Lived down there for three years and even though I am not much of a salad guy, I actually craved a good salad... Off limits in that part of the world!

All the expats had bouts with it and I had one run that lasted over 2 weeks till I got the right medicine. Lost about 20 pounds on that one.

Actually considered bottling that water and selling it for a rapid weight loss system:-)

18-Jul-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo
That's the best it got... LMAO!

18-Jul-19
WOW! Looks like a great trip!

18-Jul-19
How is the knee holding up?

18-Jul-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo

18-Jul-19
Sea hombre Treeline! Water down there is no worse than those beers you drink.

20-Jul-19
Wilbur the knee is amazing. Beyond anything I could have hoped for, but it hasn't been an easy rebuild. I lifted with that leg exclusively for over a year, only that leg trying to make it dominant again and it worked. It is now actually slightly larger than my right and definitely the better of the two. I am now evening everything out and it is pretty much there. I still want to strengthen the deep bend a little more, but that will take some time and focus since it is not an often used position.

20-Jul-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo

20-Jul-19
Amazon

20-Jul-19
Awesome work for recovery, Casey! Looks like you did well in the hills in Peru! Hope you get out and kick butt in the hills this year!

No problemos con cervesa para estómago, Cazador...solo posiblemente pesos adicional en los cerros y poco lento viejo!

20-Jul-19
Iquitos? Never got to go there but wanted to for the peacock bass...

21-Jul-19
We never did either. We would have we were on our own but this was an extended family trip, so lots of moving parts.

21-Jul-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo
Lake Titicaca (With Pilsen)

21-Jul-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo
Brothers where they're not supposed to be on the edge of a high rise hotel roof right before flight out of Lima... (The Hotel freaked)

21-Jul-19
Looks like a great trip with the brothers! Nice you can get some high altitude work in too.

22-Jul-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo
The Lake Sandoval Lodge in the Amazon had a cool set of hammocks that we used every afternoon for some cervaza, BS, and even a couple naps for the young ones...

22-Jul-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo
This was the main beer of choice through out the country. Pretty good lager. Lots of Monkeys and Cayman. I was really hoping to see some snakes and Peccary, but no such luck. We did see the giant river otter family daily and they were amazing. Ravenous hunters for sure.

22-Jul-19
Seriously? Pretty soon these locations will be over run with NR's. I really wish people would quit posting locations online. Might as well have just put a "Not looking for your honey hole." in there. :)

22-Jul-19
Cusquena was my beer of choice down there.

We named our dogs Arequipana and Cusquena after the beers.

22-Jul-19
Vonfoust, really? remote non whiteman Peru is a thing of the past. Time to get over it.

I can’t think of a country in Latin America where “eco turismo “ has been more prevelent than Peru. A bowhunter posting about his trip there has no impact at all. You can thank globalization for that.

23-Jul-19
He was joking bud...

23-Jul-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo
There's a herd to be sure... ;-)

23-Jul-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo
Aint't he cute!

23-Jul-19
Looks tasty:-)

24-Jul-19
They are pretty decent to be honest. But the Alpaca is excellent!

24-Jul-19
Yeah, my wife keeps bringing up that I should stop and ask one of the local alpaca farms if they will sell me one to butcher. If we ever run out of game meat, it might be an option:-)

25-Jul-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo

26-Jul-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo

27-Jul-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo

28-Jul-19

ELKMAN's embedded Photo
ELKMAN's embedded Photo