YZF-88 18-Jul-19
NoWiser 18-Jul-19
Mule Power 18-Jul-19
pav 18-Jul-19
NoWiser 18-Jul-19
Oldreb 18-Jul-19
cnelk 18-Jul-19
17-Jul-19
I was unsuccessful in drawing a Wyoming tag this year, going in with one point. My profile on the Wyoming game and fish site still shows just one point. Should the new points already have been added?

17-Jul-19
Its take awhile sometimes

17-Jul-19
Seems like it’s taking almost 3 now to be guaranteed in general. 2 can still do it tho. We’ll see what next year brings.

17-Jul-19
Sorry, I assumed we are talking about elk general tag here.

17-Jul-19
I think it's usually November before they're updated.

17-Jul-19
You need to buy a point. You don’t get one by being unsuccessful.

17-Jul-19
I did buy one when they became available. Just wondering why it’s not showing my new point yet

17-Jul-19
So you bought one last year..... 2018. And you are saying you already bought one in 2019? If so, it will take awhile for your 2nd point to show, but not to worry it'll be there when you apply again for a 2020 tag.

And like others said, you dont earn a point if you dont draw. Its not like colorado.

17-Jul-19
Yes, exactly. Thanks for clearing it up

18-Jul-19
You have to buy a point starting july 1st it will cost you $50 You use to be able to buy the point when you put in for a tag no more. you have to buy it i bought mine on july 1st and it has not showed up yet still have 6 points

18-Jul-19
^ What he said ^

18-Jul-19
Same as Dan. Bought mine on 7/1 so I don't forget. Not showing up. Want to get out of the points game there but point creep is making options look bleak. In many units it takes 3-4 years to get closer by 1.

Wonder if this BS policy of them holding the money for half the year will increase odds next year.

18-Jul-19
It won't. Every year there are changes that make people speculate that the odds will increase. Every year they only get worse. It will take another recession for odds to improve.

Next year I'll draw a Wyoming general tag and then I'm out of the points game in Wyoming. It will be cow tags from that point out. A set of antlers isn't worth $250 in points and 5 years for another general tag.

18-Jul-19
^ Nice! ^

My odds just went up. ;-)

18-Jul-19
Life is too short guys. My bowhunting experiences in Wyoming have been some of the best bowhunting experiences of my life. So despite changes to the process and fees that might make me cringe a bit....I'm in for the long haul...meaning however long I have left.

18-Jul-19
Happy to help Mulepower!! Going for cow tags, my odds will improve considerable, too :)

18-Jul-19
I'm planning a pronghorn hunt in Wyoming for 2020. Do I purchase the pp in 2019 for 2020? The hunt will be in area 26. We drew tags for this area in 2016 with one pp. Does anyone know if pp's are really needed to draw a tag for this area?

18-Jul-19
The way I look at it is if I’m lucky I have 20 elk seasons left.

Damn straight I’m getting PPs

• Sitka Gear