wyobullshooter 16-Aug-19
Will 16-Aug-19
nvgoat 16-Aug-19
timex 16-Aug-19
Buckaroo 17-Aug-19
Will 17-Aug-19
BOHUNTER09 17-Aug-19
14-Aug-19
My new bow will be delivered tomorrow and I am thinking about putting a peep on it. Ive always just used a kisser button and shoot tight groups so I don't think I need one but im still gonna try it out just to see if anything improves. How many of you guys just shoot a kisser with no peep

15-Aug-19
I am shooting a peep and a kisser. My peep is large and matches up with the outer sight ring so I don’t feel it hinders me much in low light, for me there’s no reason not to shoot it.

15-Aug-19
Both

15-Aug-19
I use to just shoot a kisser in early days and did fine . Went to a kisser and peep when I progressed in shooting 3D . First year I hunted with a peep cost me a deer I thought approach 200 inches that I had rattled up . Could not find him though the peep in the panic and not use to shooting one . Shoot a peep today , but not sure I need it with a kisser .

15-Aug-19
I use a kisser and the original no peep device. It’s been on 5 different bows. Kind of like the IQ bowsite technology.

15-Aug-19
Shot with only a kisser up until 8 or 10 years ago, then through a peep on as the string on my new bow was blocking the pins, about 2 years ago I ditched the kisser now peep only

15-Aug-19
Welcome to the 21st century... 1/4" or 5/16" peep will not limit you in low light. Center the pin housing, not the pin. No need for a kisser ( however, the kisser won't hurt anything).

15-Aug-19
Like BOHUYNTER09 I used original No Peep, now I use an IQ. Really love that setup, both eyes open, no restrictions on view, identifies hand torque, plenty accurate enough for my needs.

You ever try this system x-man?

15-Aug-19
I am the opposite of you, I use a peep and no kisser, has worked well for me. Touch the string to the tip of the nose and center peep and pin housing.

15-Aug-19
I use a peep and like others it is bigger than the sight housing. After cervical neck fusion I pull back and hit my anchor like I have done for 40 years, everything feels perfect. But when I look through the peep I am off slightly and need to make a slight adjustment to hit the shot.

That "halo" effect with the peep and the sight makes a huge difference.

15-Aug-19
Peep and no kisser. FWIW - I can't imagine the "feel" of a kisser will match the accuracy of aligning front and rear "sights" as in a peep to pin housing...

15-Aug-19
"You ever try this system x-man?"

Yes, I've helped many guys set those up. It's a decent "tool" if/when used correctly. Unfortunately a majority of folks use it wrong. ... If you reach full draw and the dot isn't centered, do you adjust your grip until it's centered, or do you let down and re-draw? Please answer this question for me. (I want your honest answer)

15-Aug-19
Good insight x-man. I've used the NP & IQ so long I can't remember the last time the dot WASN'T centered for me. If it weren't centered I would know something was wrong. But whether I'd let down or adjust I don't rightly know. You definitely made me think. I always shoot with a glove on and open grip so there isn't anything in my grip that would generate torque.

A misaligned dot did alert me that my nock point had shifted a while back...

15-Aug-19
Xman I also have used a NoPeep for years and been very happy and successful. When practicing and the dot isn't right, I typically let down. I don't torque my wrist to get it to align as that defeats the purpose. Most of the time, I can draw with my eyes closed and then open them to find the dot in good position. When drawing on an animal, much harder to let down etc.

Question for you- how do you know if you are torquing your bow when using a peep?

15-Aug-19
Xman- Forgot to add. If you are at full draw and feel like you are torquing your bow, do you then adjust your grip or do you let down?

15-Aug-19
Proper muscle memory should put me at correct full draw.

Letting down or, just shooting as is when in a hunting situation is better than trying to line-up the dot at full draw. At least 80% of the guys I set these up for couldn't help from trying to adjust the dot at full draw.

I never recommend these devises to anyone who plans to set them up on their own. Only experienced shooters with proper muscle memory already in place will achieve a consistent enough draw to properly set these up. Others should rely on a pro to help them. Someone with legitimate shooting and coaching experience.

15-Aug-19
Peep ... It makes me focus that much more on my shot, but that's just me!

15-Aug-19
Agree with the proper muscle memory part but that should apply to both shooters with a peep and those without. For me the NoPeep is faster and decidedly better in low light hunting situations. Matter of personal choice.

16-Aug-19
I agree with nvgoat. And with x-man. Of one thing I'm certain: if the dot isn't lined up, my arrow will not hit where I want it to. It is misaligned because something is wrong with my form or the bow itself. That raises a red flag to beware...

16-Aug-19
If you want to be as accurate as possible, use a peep.

16-Aug-19
Peep

16-Aug-19
I use an old "nopeep"... it's basically the little "retna lock" on IQ sights, but was on the market in the early 2000's maybe even 90's. You attach it to your riser via the sight attachment bolts.

I've not used a peep since going to it in the early 00's and have been more accurate.

So, yes... I'd be happy to skip the peep and kisser so long as I had my trusty nopeep.

16-Aug-19
Will-

I also use the old NoPeep. I have two and cherish them. On different bows I have made adapters to mount them in different spots depending on the riser and location of my bowsight. Like you I switched in the early 2000's and never looked back.

16-Aug-19
a little off topic but one of the best things I've ever done was to remove 2 pins from my sight & move my 20 yard pin to the center of my sight. so when you draw the peep centers your eye the sight ring centers the peep & the 20 yard pin center the ring. this makes for automatic & almost instant sight acquisition on shots inside of 30 yards

17-Aug-19
I hate peeps, 10 yrs ago I experimented. I locate the area on my string where a peep would go, take a paint marker and paint string a 1 inch section, then take black marker and make a 1/4 inch black band that I line up with pins, love it

17-Aug-19
Right on nvgoat. Wish they still made them! Every now and then, I think about just going on ebay and trying to find and buy several!

17-Aug-19
Will. I’ve thought the same. Mine is so old that the screws are hard to adjust

• Sitka Gear