Contributors to this thread:
badbull 15-Aug-19
Mule Power 15-Aug-19
bighorn 16-Aug-19
Trial153 16-Aug-19
JL 16-Aug-19
Jims 17-Aug-19
15-Aug-19
Has anyone used USPS overnight to ship wild game? Hopefully I will need to ship a processed mule deer this summer. I have had my own vehicle to transport meat in the past many years but I can remember draging bloody gamebags accros the airport lobbies which would not work out in today's world. UPS or Fed. Ex would likely be very expensive but checked baggage might work if I could package it properly. Any recent experience would be appreciated.......Bob

15-Aug-19
Freeze your meat if possible. If not add a small amount of dry ice. Weigh 48 quart coolers to 48 pounds. Take duct tape and tape them up good at baggage counter after they check/inspect them. Fly it home. Next day shipping isn’t any cheaper.

16-Aug-19
If you use UPS or Fed-Ex and 2 Day shipping do it so it doesn't run into weekend. Shipped a cooler of meat home on Thursday 2 day shipping never got it till Monday afternoon some meat was thawing some was still 1/2 frozen wrapped meat in newspaper and dry ice.

16-Aug-19

Trial153's Link
I would bone it out, freeze it then put to a couple soft coolers and check it in. Even with delays and overage charges you will be better off then fed ex shipping.

16-Aug-19
I think I read/heard somewhere the Post Office is a little funny shipping dry ice due to a hazmat concern??

We have a private fedex acct number and use it every now and then.

17-Aug-19
As mentioned above ship it home with your baggage....much cheaper and easier! Make sure each box/cooler fits within the restrictions for the particular airlines you are flying.

• Sitka Gear