eBike John 29-Aug-19
eBike John 29-Aug-19
eBike John 29-Aug-19
eBike John 31-Aug-19
29-Aug-19

eBike John's embedded Photo
eBike John's embedded Photo

eBike John's Link
Folks, I posted this article a few months back so some of you have already read it. But for those that have not and are considering an electric bike this season you will find useful. And as always, any questions you have I'm happy to answer.

Be safe out there

29-Aug-19
John

What changes or improvements are you making as ebike user reviews come back?

29-Aug-19
I share the reviews and feedback with the manufacturers so they know what the guys are seeing, experiencing. And I usually tailor my recommendations based on previous feedback. Just a small example is the bow holder question I posted a few days ago. Rambo Bikes came out with a bow holder but the feedback wasn't great, so I shared that with not only Rambo but also Quietkat and BAKCOU so if they bring out their own they have something to work off.

Nowadays when I'm asked if they should add the Rambo bow holder to their cart I'll tell the them the reviews are mixed and most guys are better off strapping the bow to their backpack.. As a result I have not sold a Rambo bow holder in maybe a year.. but if that's the feedback, that's the feedback.

BAKCOU (BackCountry eBikes) are great at taking feedback and making tweaks. they are a smaller operation and they focus only on 3 bikes so they don't have huge varieties to manage so if feedback is along the lines of improvement is needed, if it comes up a few times they can make those tweaks before the next batch arrive.

Quietkat & Rambo can also do that but they produce a lot of volume and sell to retail outlets up and down the US so before a change is evident and on the street it could be a year.

29-Aug-19

eBike John's Link
Slightly unrelated but none the less, last year I interviewed a prominent member of Bowsite and posted it on the website, it could also answer a few questions that arise. I'll add that post too.

29-Aug-19
Yeah, the limitations are still in many places. I expect that change once the laws catch up with technology. slowing technology is not always a bad thing, but since ebikes impact terrain the same as a regular bicycle I don't see how it will last for much longer.

In some states where ebikes are not allowed in state parks, the park rangers actually use them for patrolling, so it's not an ecological issue. just the laws that have not quite caught up.

31-Aug-19

eBike John's Link
Some good news on the use of ebikes on certain land.

August 29th , the Department of Interior released a Secretarial Order relating to the use of electric bicycles, or e-bikes, on all Department lands, including lands under the management of the National Park Service, the Bureau of Land Management, the Fish and Wildlife Service and the Bureau of Reclamation. Effective Immediately.

The Secretarial Order directs those agencies to conform to the policy that e-bikes shall be allowed where other types of bicycles are allowed, to the extent existing regulations allow. This is a positive development for the use of electric bicycles, and will ultimately enable the Department to provide better bicycling experiences for more Americans.

• Sitka Gear