YZF-88 04-Sep-19
GF 04-Sep-19
Grey Ghost 04-Sep-19
drycreek 04-Sep-19
JohnMC 04-Sep-19
WV Mountaineer 04-Sep-19
keepemsharp 04-Sep-19
03-Sep-19
A major ins. company is now running nation wide ads with their long time recognizable logo of a huge elk. ONLY now they are saying "we are your buck". A perfect example that these people are completely out of contact with the real outdoor world. HOWEVER they will be voting on red flag laws, expanded backgrounds and registration and confiscation. Folks we got a hard hill to climb in the next 15 months.

03-Sep-19
Funny thing is that the Hartford’s buck/what you call a huge elk is actually a stag...

03-Sep-19
They do not.

03-Sep-19
Having shot a stag in Scotland during the roar and an elk during the rut, I will second Wayne's response that they do not sound alike.

Twin Peaks has stags in front of their restaurants (not admitting whether or not I've been in one) and I've even seen developments with "Elk" in the name and have a stag statue. Common mistake but those in the know will instantly spot it.

03-Sep-19

Nope, doesn't sound like an elk to me!

03-Sep-19
I’ve hunted both and there is absolutely no resemblance in the roar of the red stag and the bugle of an elk.

—jim

04-Sep-19
The Hartford logo is totally a stag, for a company founded IN THE U.S., I could never figure out why they picked a stag for their logo and not an elk, idiots! Also, since we're discussing insurance companies, anyone notice the Farmers commercial where the bronze mule deer's antlers are on backward? Idiots...

04-Sep-19
That Hartford add drives me crazy. I yell out “STAG” every time I see it.

04-Sep-19
The Hartford does call it a stag. The official name is ‘Larry the Stag.’ My buddy wears the Larry suit at promotional events around Connecticut.

04-Sep-19
Your buddy is awesome!

—Jim

04-Sep-19

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
Checkout this sweet local sporting goods store mule deer shirt I bought as soon as I moved out west.

04-Sep-19
I believe that ad says “we’ve GOT your buck”.... as a plat on “we’ve got your BACK”....

Clumsily done, in any case....

But you’ll notice it took exactly ONE response for this to go off the rails into politics....

04-Sep-19
Umm...the original post was political, GF.

Matt

04-Sep-19
I think they should have a Charolais for their logo. Then they could say “We’ve got your bullshit”. That would be even catchier !

04-Sep-19
I bet the OP is wishing he did not start this thread or did a little research first! LMAO

04-Sep-19
I'm betting the first couple of posters wish they would have thought about there posts a bit.

04-Sep-19
Yes, maybe?

• Sitka Gear