Vonfoust 12-Sep-19
wildan 12-Sep-19
APauls 12-Sep-19
JL 12-Sep-19
Ambush 12-Sep-19
Meat Grinder 12-Sep-19
JL 12-Sep-19
12-Sep-19
It seems like all my cameras ,once batteries get to around 80% ,take non stop pictures . I am guessing it's the nature of them ,once the batteries get to that level ?? I have numerous cameras at my property 6 hours away . I leave with new batteries and depending on how many pics , once they drop in voltage ,some do not do this and some do . Using Browning and Moultries. Not a big deal ,but sometimes end up with in excess of 4000 pics. Try to us low gig sd cards ,so they just shut off . If that is the way they are ,not an issue . Thank you

12-Sep-19
They shouldn’t do this, check and see with the manufacturer if there’s any software updates

12-Sep-19
Any chance the ones doing it has something in front of it triggering when the wind blows?

12-Sep-19
Moultries should not be doing that...especially at 80%. Do you have some limbs, tall grass or some other object waving in front of the sensor? Right now I have fuzzy caterpillars camping out on my cams.

12-Sep-19
If they have low sensitivity and it is windy out they can be catching leaves and grass moving. Also if you have the cam baited I’ve gotten mice running up to it all night long.

12-Sep-19
Not unusual for cams to do this when batteries get low, doing this when batteries are at 80% in unusual. How are you checking the batteries?

12-Sep-19
What are you using for batteries.?

12-Sep-19
I have a Browning that no matter what does 3 shot bursts. Even on single shot mode. Cameras are trippy.

12-Sep-19
I use the lithium AA's. When they get down to approx 30% or so they will take a few black vids and then crap out. If the cam is cold soaked for a long period, it goes thru batteries a little quicker. Doing 30 second hi-res vids with a 1 minute pause, I can get between 700-1000 vids out of a set of batteries depending on OAT.

12-Sep-19
Sure you don’t have it set on “Plot Watch” or a similar setting?

I have one of the Brownings that others really like and it is so inconsistent. Sometimes great but often not. Eats batteries, then doesn’t. Checked cards yesterday. Side by side with a super cheap Stealth Cam, the Browning had six pics (3 of me) and the STC had nearly 700.

12-Sep-19
I have a Bushnell that starts taking continuous pics once the temperature drops to 25 degrees, but a camera with 80% battery life shouldn't be doing that. As said, I'd look into software updates and/or talk to the manufacturer's tech support folks.

12-Sep-19

JL's Link
For the Moultries, you can check to see if your cams have the latest firmware here. You can also download the firmware here too.

• Sitka Gear