Victure trail cameras
General Topic
Contributors to this thread:
JSW 17-Sep-19
JSW 19-Sep-19
fubar racin 19-Sep-19
JL 19-Sep-19
17-Sep-19
A wildlife biologist friend told me he just ordered 100 Victure trail cameras for a research project. He thinks they are pretty solid, although he just started using them. They are on amazon for under $50. Anyone have experience with these?

19-Sep-19
ttt

19-Sep-19
Iv had good luck so far with my $30 stealth cams off amazon, but no experience with that brand.

19-Sep-19
I looked at some of those Victure cams. The ones that have the batteries in one half and the camera in the other half of the cam box I would avoid. I had a different Chi-comm cam that I got for something like $30 and it took outstanding 1080 HD vids and had good audio, which is what I got it for. I figured for $30 it was worth the experiment. However it had the cam on one half and the battery compartment on the other half. There was a small, two lead wire that ran thru the top hinge that connected the batteries to the cam. You didn't see it unless you pulled the door seal off and looked at the hinge. That wire broke from opening and closing the cam...it might have got pinched somehow by the top hinge. Point being....avoid the cams that do not have the internals as one unit inside when you open it. If the cam is on one half and the battery compt is in the other....avoid it. My 2 cents on that....

This is a vid from that particular $30 Chi-comm cam.

• Sitka Gear