montnatom 26-Sep-19
elmer@laptop 27-Sep-19
TrapperKayak 27-Sep-19
Cheetah8799 27-Sep-19
Treeline 27-Sep-19
BigOzzie 27-Sep-19
26-Sep-19

montnatom's Link
looks like they are calling for a "historic" winter storm in Montana this weekend and early into next week. Be careful out there!

27-Sep-19
Looks like snow in Wyoming and Colorado too.

27-Sep-19
Not that unusual really. Year I moved there, '78, I arrived in Bozeman on Labor Day to 10" snow in town, and 2 feet in the Bridgers. I could not have been happier! Part of the reason I moved there was to ski! Saw snow in Sept and early Oct every year.

27-Sep-19
Anyone going out should have already been watching the forecast all week. I know I have been, and still plan to hit the road today. Original predictions from early this week have shifted. NW corner will get the worst of it, as most weather sites have reported. Areas on the fringes have eased up on the forecast, temps not quite as cold, less snow, more light rain instead. Tuesday onward looks like a nice forecast for hunting, as long as you aren't in an area with a foot or more of fresh snow.

27-Sep-19
Snowing on top of the ridge where I am in Wyoming.

27-Sep-19
It is hard to take them seriously sometimes, but you have to heed the warning. It seems like the news has exaggerated the severity of storms for about 3 years. We (Montana) get these warnings that a bomb storm is coming and x inches of snow will fall etc. then they usually fall short of the tragic predictions.

I am taking this one seriously I am going to the cabin and turn off the water system, and wait for snow enough to track a bear, then I will drive looking for a track and try to run one down.

I will let you know how it turns out. oz

• Sitka Gear