DEVIAT3D 01-Oct-19
LINK 01-Oct-19
Dale06 01-Oct-19
CSAL 01-Oct-19
JL 01-Oct-19
GF 01-Oct-19
Franklin 01-Oct-19
01-Oct-19
I just bought a PSE evolve 28 with a IQ 5-pin micros sight. How should I sight it in. Pin point or hitting a 6 inch plate at any yardage?

01-Oct-19
Aim small, miss small...

01-Oct-19
Generally people sight the top pin in at 20 yards and the next at 30, the next at 40, ....

01-Oct-19
Your top couple pins with practice should give you pin point accuracy. Like said above would be your 20 and 30. Your groups will get bigger as you move back so you shouldn't expect to shoot the same size groups at 60 that you do at 20. I wouldn't settle for pie plate accuracy though. That's alright at long range but I would say 2 inch groups at 20 and 30 and slowly getting a little bigger as you move back is solid shooting. And will allow you to dial your site in so you are consistently in the bullseye or right next to it. Very difficult to really site in if you aren't holding consistent groups.

01-Oct-19
A FWIW thought.....along the lines of the other thread about eyesight, glasses and contacts....as you get older, in low light the lighted pins that are too close to each other tend to wash out the target vitals down range. At least for my eyes.

01-Oct-19
If I understand the question correctly....

JMO, depends on whether you use a rangefinder. Also on how flat your bow shoots and how many pins you have.

When I was messing with a compound maybe 7-8 years ago, I set my pins to where my first pin was +/-3” out to 23 yards. Basically 1 pin for any hunting shot I expected to take on a whitetail.

Next pin was zeroed at the same range where my first pin was 3” low. 3rd pin was zeroed where the second was 3” low. Then I had a 40 and a 50 for practice sessions mostly. I figured I’d never shoot that far at an animal unless I was with someone who had a rangefinder.

The idea was 1st pin for close/normal hunting range; 2nd for longish, 3rd for as far as I would ever consider on an animal, basically, and I was hoping to have plenty of overlap so I’d still hit that 6” window even if I was off by 1 pin.

Didn’t actually work out that well.... LOL

JMO, you really need to get a great feel for your trajectory to shoot past 25 yards even with a pretty fast bow. I actually do a lot better with a long bow or a recurve and no sideburns at all… But then I’ve probably taken about 50,000 more shots without sites than with...

01-Oct-19
I tend to make sure my primary sight pin....my 20 yrd….is above the middle of the sight. Then graduate the pins downward. Some evenly space the pins in the sight housing which pushes the "primary pin" into the upper 3rd of the housing.

Truth be told I use only a 3 pin sight or a slider.

• Sitka Gear