Fuzzy 04-Oct-19
x-man 04-Oct-19
CSAL 04-Oct-19
Fuzzy 04-Oct-19
APauls 04-Oct-19
BigOk 04-Oct-19
wheels 04-Oct-19
02-Oct-19
I'm looking into a new pair of gloves for mid season whitetail. I have a hand warmer when it gets really cold but need something down to about 30°. Would like something with a windproof lining but not real thick as I'll only be using them for bowhunting. Wondering what everyone is having good luck with. Thanks

02-Oct-19
Glove- mitts vs straight gloves is a good starting point.

02-Oct-19
Plain old brown jersey gloves with hand warmers in my pockets for most of the season, unless it’s really cold, then it’s a heavy mitten with a hand warmer tucked inside, on my bow hand and the jersey glove on my trigger hand.

02-Oct-19
You shooting a release? Fingers? I shoot trad with fingers and for cold weather I use elk or deer hide gloves with thinsulate and they work great. You could do the same and bass pro had them On sale, probably still do.

02-Oct-19

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
I use these wool liner gloves. Cheap, easily replaced and warm even when they get a bit damp. Cut the finger tips out as needed so you can jack around on your phone and even pick your nose. Only draw back... they're not as inviting as a cotton glove if you've forgotten the TP. :)

02-Oct-19
I’ve been using liners but Alpaca instead of wool.

02-Oct-19
A thin liner glove and then the WOOL thinsulate smoker flipover mitts is the best option I've found that's remotely affordable.

03-Oct-19
Good suggestions so far. I shoot both release and fingers with recurve. Also I like something with something on the palm to grip bow with also. Thanks

03-Oct-19
Same as Embry uses...I use them for everything. When it gets real cold I add a muff with hand warmers.

03-Oct-19

Will's Link
I've enjoyed both the "touch gloves" and "nontypical bow glove" from Predator. Warm enough down to the upper 20's, though for me that often means that my gloved hands are in my jacket pockets until I grab my bow or what not.

03-Oct-19
If you use Army surplus gloves like Rick posted, here is a tip so you can use your smart phone without taking gloves off.

03-Oct-19
I'm surprised someone likes gloves with grip - I'd rather not have it. Less likely to torque bow without it. Your accuracy will be better if the bow hand is held in place more by pressure than gripping it. So I love a slippery wool palm. The bow nestles into the same spot ensuring repeatability.

03-Oct-19
I use cheap fleece gloves, then add warmer when temps drop. I add small drops of paint for grip. Apauls, I like the grip because the finish on my recurve is slick and the bow wants slide in my hand.

03-Oct-19
APauls X2^^

03-Oct-19
Right on Adam

04-Oct-19
I’ve had great luck with the Sitka traverse glove. Can shoot with them on. Both recurve and compound. Best thing is they’ve held up well to the abuse of hanging stands every hunt.

04-Oct-19
like spike78 says, alpaca (open fingertip) gloves are the bomb for cold weather

04-Oct-19
Correct, the slipperier the better.

04-Oct-19
Where are you guys getting the alpaca liner gloves? I've used the wool for years but wouldn't mind trying alpaca

04-Oct-19
Chuck there are a couple folks who sell them at local Farmer's Markets and events here. I'll be glad to pick you up a pair at the Festival of Leaves next weekend, and ship them to you if you'll message me your address.

04-Oct-19
If the bow wants to slide in your hand IMO you should let it. Wher it ends up, THAT'S where you want your grip to be. (assuming your arm position is correct) If you are having to grip your bow so that it doesn't slide that's a recipe for disaster, as you are now by nature gripping your bow. Gripping leads to inaccurate shooting because it is based off of muscle flex which isn't nearly as repeatable. Not to mention the obvious torquing potential. Whether shooting a trad bow or a compound you don't want to "grip" the handle. While there are many ways to skin a cat, it's pretty much universally accepted that you do not want to grip the grip.

04-Oct-19
Apauls I was refering to picking bow up of hanger and carrying not while shooting, I understand your point.

04-Oct-19
Mechanix original gloves are what I use with hand warmers in my pockets.

• Sitka Gear