oldgoat 11-Oct-19
Jethro 11-Oct-19
APauls 11-Oct-19
Bowfreak 11-Oct-19
spikehorn 11-Oct-19
TXCazador 11-Oct-19
TXCazador 11-Oct-19
10-Oct-19
The last time I bought vacuum bags I tried some Kitchen Boss Amazon bags. They were significantly cheaper than the Food Saver bags but not quite as robust. I can't remember pulling a Food Saver bagged package of meat out of the freezer that had failed. With these bags it is not routine to have a bag leak but it is not completely uncommon either. Anyone have a recommendation on a cost effective bag that is tough?

Search Amazon for "KitchenBoss Vacuum Sealer Rolls 6 Pack 8"x16.5' and 11"x16.5' with Cutter Box Commercial Grade Bag Rolls for Food Saver and Sous Vide(total 100 feet)" to see the particular bags I used. They are great for Sous Vide but I'd give them a 7 out of 10 for butchered meat.

10-Oct-19
LEM are the best I have used

10-Oct-19
I've been using the cabelas brand bags for the past couple years and they've been great so far. They are pretty comparable to the food saver bags in my opinion, much cheaper too

11-Oct-19
Thanks for the information.

11-Oct-19
I bought the Simple Houseware brand off Amazon and haven't had any issues. I do double seal all bags though. Is your seal leaking or are you tearing holes in them moving them around?

11-Oct-19
I have not had any problems with the Cabelas bags when I've used them. And just used some last week. Most of the time I use Food Saver brand.

11-Oct-19
Been using Cabelas for quite a while as well. I don't ever seem to have a problem in the freezer but after thawing a decent amount of them have a bust seal. I think it is just pin holes in the plastic somewhere.

11-Oct-19
It seems like the bag is getting a pin hole in it somewhere. I don't seem to have issues with seals.

11-Oct-19
I use Weston bags with no issues, price is good too

11-Oct-19
When in your freezer do not throw or toss the bags around digging for a pack of meat. That is what causes pin holes. Next time you are at the market around thanksgiving look at the frozen turkeys, and how people push around the stacks of frozen turkeys and the holes in there plastic bags.

11-Oct-19
When in your freezer do not throw or toss the bags around digging for a pack of meat. That is what causes pin holes. Next time you are at the market around thanksgiving look at the frozen turkeys, and how people push around the stacks of frozen turkeys and the holes in there plastic bags.

• Sitka Gear