Hunting boots / waterproof
General Topic
Contributors to this thread:
pointingdogs 15-Oct-19
grossklw 15-Oct-19
15-Oct-19
Hey guys. I hunt northeast Iowa and it can get cold up here. In the past I have used lightweight, yet well insulated lace up boots to hunt. Eventually the stitching will rot away and they are no longer "waterproof". I have never had the La Crosse or Muck type boots. Not necessarily going in that direction, however, wondering what type of boots do you guys like. Must be waterproof and will keep my feet warm in cold conditions of Iowa. Waterproof, because yesterday walking across the alfalfa field with a heavy dew was no fun. I think that I would also prefer and boot that can be tightened at the top. Thanks for your input. Wet feet are no fun :( PS: tired the search function, however, it wouldn't work for me.

15-Oct-19
Depends on what your hunting. I have a pair of Kenetrek's that I only use for pheasants that are uninsulated and I don't have any issues hunting WI or SD birds in late December down to -20. If you're sitting at all your feet will get cold. Around home for white-tails, I wear my Kenetrek's to the base of the tree and then I switch out for a pair of Mickey Mouse boots with toe warmers included. I'll throw on a pair of gaiters if there is a lot of dew for the walk-in. Dry, comfortable, and can even throw on another pair of socks before the mickey mouse boots get used.

• Sitka Gear